What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The 500 is NOT a staged race, which means, we run it straight through with no specific checkpoints that we are required to stop at...which means this is freakin' HARD.
We have to pace ourselves and plan on our own when we stop to sleep for a couple of hours or eat. Being an ultra though, we will def help each other out mentally. So far, the four from this year are returning, me and 2 new folks.
I will attempt to do this 7-8 days, running 100k or more a day. The official cut off is 10 days, running 50 miles a day. And this is in the mountains. And the course is designed to break you. Many areas are not even trail, just bush-whacking. There is a river crossing, technical terrain, steep inclines, switchbacks, etc...basically, this ain't gonna be a turkey-trot!
We GOTTA get a live feed on this one. Man, why havent we gotten on that. a lipstick camera, on the side of your sunglasses, with a live feed like a web cam... man, that would require a lot of juice and something to push the bandwidth.
Holy c**p!
Looking forward to following it all on your thread.
It would be cool if someone could ride a bike along the course that is doable, posting pics, video etc.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
We GOTTA get a live feed on this one. Man, why havent we gotten on that. a lipstick camera, on the side of your sunglasses, with a live feed like a web cam... man, that would require a lot of juice and something to push the bandwidth.
It would be cool if someone could ride a bike along the course that is doable, posting pics, video etc.

I'll have a crew and a few pacers there who will take pics. The new vest I'm working on will be able to hold a GoPro camera. You'll get some sick video.

imagination30

just finished a 4.41 mile run @ a pace of 8:46 , and after words i thought i was seeing unicorns , and barney nick!.. i felt like i was about hurl!

dreamfinder

500mi of bushwhacking sounds like fun. Especially in the backwoods of Vermont. Definitely looking forward to pics and video. I do still get amazed after hearing about these big name races, that really only end up having a handful of competitors. But yet I hear about em all over the place.

Normal short run with PT type stuff today. Still don't feel completely right.

Thanks for the kind words about the horse. Appreciated.

joel_maxwell

3 miles this morning. Swapped my 4 mile today with tomorrow 3 miler due to a few reasons.

It was 80 and 82% humidity. I was drenched.

JillC LI

I think I've mentioned before that when I trained for the NYC Marathon, my dad rode his bike with me on ALL my long runs. I can't tell you how disppointed he was that he couldn't ride alongside me in the actual race (as was I). I had asked each member of my family to write me a note of support or encouragement or humor on a small piece of paper, and I planned to open each one during each of the final miles of the marathon. Well my dad's note was the one that carried me through that final agony - it said "I am right there beside you in spirit on my bike. You can do this!" I still get teary thinking about it.

As long as we dont get "you getting sick" video. I have a phobia of vomit. Just sayin. ;)
LOL

You and my hubby as well .....although, frankly, I think it's just an excuse so that I always have to be the one to help the kids and clean the bedding if the kids get sick and throw up!

Kristia

I think I've mentioned before that when I trained for the NYC Marathon, my dad rode his bike with me on ALL my long runs. I can't tell you how disppointed he was that he couldn't ride alongside me in the actual race (as was I). I had asked each member of my family to write me a note of support or encouragement or humor on a small piece of paper, and I planned to open each one during each of the final miles of the marathon. Well my dad's note was the one that carried me through that final agony - it said "I am right there beside you in spirit on my bike. You can do this!" I still get teary thinking about it.
That is awesome! What great support you had!

Witchy Chick

Awwwww -- that is so sweet!! I am trying to guesstimate when my DH might be marathoning near our resort (or in MK) so we can give him some early morning support. Keeping this idea on the down low so we can surprise him. :)

You and my hubby as well .....although, frankly, I think it's just an excuse so that I always have to be the one to help the kids and clean the bedding if the kids get sick and throw up!

LOL -- during my pregnancies, I never really suffered any morning sickness. :oops: The one thing I could not handle, however, was the stench of DD's dirty diapers (age 1.5 at the time). DH thought I was using pregnancy as an excuse to not change diapers. :rolleyes: I told him if he wanted poopy diapers AND puke to clean up, I would be more than happy to attempt to change diapers. LOL

Back on topic.....scheduled to run tonight, but I'm getting a pedicure instead. ;) I don't too many girly things or treat myself often, so I don't feel too much guilt about blowing off my run. Hopefully should be able to run tomorrow night -- depending on what the doc says about my knee tomorrow.

Witchy

fmingo36

That is very sweet and a great idea!
My hubby couldn't be with me when I ran my first marathon so when I got to the 26 mile marker, I called him and gave him a play-by-play of what I saw the last .2 miles and as I crossed the finish line. So he was "there with me" as well.

Include my hubby in that group as well. And Jill, I absolutely agree with you...it's their way of weasley out of the sick kid duty.
Although if it happens in the middle of the night, it usually ends up with one of us cleans up the kid and one of us strips the bed, puts new sheets on, start the laundry, etc.

Texas84

Great story. It's going to awesome running the January Marathon with my cousin. The last one got a bit lonely at about 22 miles. :)

LindsayLoves

Switched up the Galloway marathon plan for the week doing M/W/S instead of T/Th/S. Last run on my home turf for a week (Central Park) 5mi @ 51:50, 10:21/mile before a long drive to the other side of the state (Buffalo) on Friday for a weekend family reunion. Kind of excited to run in the old neighborhood, hopefully it'll treat me well. I look forward to not having to dodge tourists on bikes, pedicabs, hansome cabs, and crazy NYPD officers that cut you off at every turn.

joel_maxwell

Switched up the Galloway marathon plan for the week doing M/W/S instead of T/Th/S. Last run on my home turf for a week (Central Park) 5mi @ 51:50, 10:21/mile before a long drive to the other side of the state (Buffalo) on Friday for a weekend family reunion. Kind of excited to run in the old neighborhood, hopefully it'll treat me well. I look forward to not having to dodge tourists on bikes, pedicabs, hansome cabs, and crazy NYPD officers that cut you off at every turn.
Welcome to the running section of WDWMAGIC. As I have said many times, best section of the whole site. We kick A**, take names and do it with no drama what so ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom