What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
And there goes my mind, back in the gutter. ;)

As for me, got up early and ran 9 miles Saturday morning. It was overcast which helped a tad with the heat. Managed to keep a 10:18 min pace even though I wasn't trying for speed at all. In fact, I had only planned to run 8 miles but I was feeling good at the end so I tagged on 1 more. Then before I even showered, I brought my car into the shop for an inspection, and I walked a mile more home. I bribed the kids into joining me for the walk by offering to stop for bagels for them to eat on the walk home before I dropped the car off. It was fun, and I'd already accomplished so much with my day before my hubby had even rolled out of bed! LOL.
LOL... I resisted when Coryna posted the picture of downward dog. *snicker* My maturity went right out the window.

Nice job on the mileage, walking an extra mile home AND getting the kids out of the house to participate.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles in 100 degrees this morning.

Crewed and paced for my buddy John Dennis at the 20in24 ultra 24 hour race (he logged 140 miles) as my official induction into The Animal Camp (nationally recognized extreme ultrarunners club)! I'll post a link to their site once my announcement is uploaded. These folks are EXTREME and are represented at all of the grand slam ultras and the sick ultras that no one wants to run!
Run hard folks!

fmingo36

LOL... I resisted when Coryna posted the picture of downward dog. *snicker* My maturity went right out the window.

Nice job on the mileage, walking an extra mile home AND getting the kids out of the house to participate.

You guys are BAD! :rolleyes:
But there is a yoga postion called the happy baby pose and everytime we do it in class I think "this really should be called the happy husband pose!" Look it up and you'll see what I mean.

No run today due to no AC at my kids camp so they shorten the program to 1 hr. So if it weren't for MY meddling kids...sorry too much Scooby Doo being watched in my house today. Anyways I did manage to get an hour of weights and 1/2 hr of core in tonight.
New programs started at my gym this weekend and I'm really like them.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
But there is a yoga postion called the happy baby pose and everytime we do it in class I think "this really should be called the happy husband pose!" Look it up and you'll see what I mean.

No run today due to no AC at my kids camp so they shorten the program to 1 hr. So if it weren't for MY meddling kids...sorry too much Scooby Doo being watched in my house today. Anyways I did manage to get an hour of weights and 1/2 hr of core in tonight.
New programs started at my gym this weekend and I'm really like them.
OMG I know that one from P90X. I use to tease Sam about it and tell her I was getting a cheap look. :cool:

dreamfinder

Watched some of the Kona Ironman on TV yesterday. And when I saw people finishing I thought of Nick. And wondered to myself if after 100 miles he looks more like the guys who finished in 9hrs and jumped across the finish line, or the guys that staggered across the finish in the dark at 17 hrs. I'm inclined to say its somewhere in between from his talking of random unicorns and espresso ladies.

Not happy with my run this morning. 1 mile in my knee didn't feel right, so I backed off and switched to the bike. Better than nothing, but I'm disappointed after doing good for a while.

And add me to the list of people who snicker listening to yoga descriptions. Cat/cow is another good one........ (No idea what the real name is)

Ariel484

Yesterday - lifting/plyos and yoga (no happy baby or cat/cow though ;))

This morning - 3 miles on the treadmill this morning in 29:54...boooorrrrrrring!

enchanted_belle

Haven't had a chance to get on the computer recently! (I'm horrible! lol)

2.4 miles last night in 30 minutes while getting a cold (seriously, who gets a cold in July?!) and in crappy humidity. But I knew I wouldn't be able to get my run in today, so I had to do it.

AUPr8Hd

I got up early this morning in hopes of staying on a schedule for morning CF workouts. I got in 4 miles on the usual neighborhood route. Legs felt like lead after a couple miles. I ended up walking the last .5 miles or so.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Watched some of the Kona Ironman on TV yesterday. And when I saw people finishing I thought of Nick. And wondered to myself if after 100 miles he looks more like the guys who finished in 9hrs and jumped across the finish line, or the guys that staggered across the finish in the dark at 17 hrs. I'm inclined to say its somewhere in between from his talking of random unicorns and espresso ladies.

Not happy with my run this morning. 1 mile in my knee didn't feel right, so I backed off and switched to the bike. Better than nothing, but I'm disappointed after doing good for a while.

And add me to the list of people who snicker listening to yoga descriptions. Cat/cow is another good one........ (No idea what the real name is)

The very few of us that finish muster up enough energy to shuffle across and then collapse. Every IronMan finisher I've talked to (including elites and my pedoitrist -spelling?) think i'm f'ing nuts. They told me they have the luxury of changing up muscle groups, sitting on the bike, easier gears, etc...And ultras, constant banging on the same muscle group for 24 hours straight. That's why im running the 500 miler ;)

Witchy Chick

And there goes my mind, back in the gutter.

Well, my mind went there too -- but I'm still a newbie, so I thought I should behave. LOL

As for me, got up early and ran 9 miles Saturday morning. It was overcast which helped a tad with the heat. Managed to keep a 10:18 min pace even though I wasn't trying for speed at all. In fact, I had only planned to run 8 miles but I was feeling good at the end so I tagged on 1 more. Then before I even showered, I brought my car into the shop for an inspection, and I walked a mile more home. I bribed the kids into joining me for the walk by offering to stop for bagels for them to eat on the walk home before I dropped the car off. It was fun, and I'd already accomplished so much with my day before my hubby had even rolled out of bed! LOL.

Very nice!!

25 miles in 100 degrees this morning.

Whoa. 100 degree temps -- I am totally staying in air-conditioning, not running 25 miles. You are a rock star!! ;)

I did a mere 2-point-something (less than 2.5) on the TM last night. I felt awful. We had Mexican food (tacos) for dinner, and it was not sitting right with me. :eek: On a good note, I was closing in on mile 1 towards the end of a 4-min run interval so I pushed it. I did 5 mins running (for that interval) and finished a mile in under 15 mins. Can't wait to start working on my speed (which should naturally pick up some as I increase my run intervals and space out my walk intervals).

Witchy

Witchy Chick

Not to pick on you...but what is with this mere stuff?! You got it done, even when you weren't feeling your best. Be proud! ;)

You're right. I was bummed because I wanted to get to 2.5 again (or better). I should be proud for even getting on the TM as "blah" as I was feeling. ::note to self:: never have "taco night dinner" on a running night again. LOL

Witchy

Ariel484

You're right. I was bummed because I wanted to get to 2.5 again (or better). I should be proud for even getting on the TM as "blah" as I was feeling. ::note to self:: never have "taco night dinner" on a running night again. LOL

Witchy

Good call! And now you know to avoid restaurants in the Mexico pavilion the night before your WDW 5K! o_O

JillC LI

I did, and I do see what you mean! LOL.

Well, my mind went there too -- but I'm still a newbie, so I thought I should behave. LOL

I did a mere 2-point-something (less than 2.5) on the TM last night. I felt awful. We had Mexican food (tacos) for dinner, and it was not sitting right with me. :eek: On a good note, I was closing in on mile 1 towards the end of a 4-min run interval so I pushed it. I did 5 mins running (for that interval) and finished a mile in under 15 mins. Can't wait to start working on my speed (which should naturally pick up some as I increase my run intervals and space out my walk intervals).
Witchy

Oh, behaving is no fun! ;)
And no run is a wasted run. Anytime you get out there, it is an achievement. I'm sure your pace will pcik up as you increase your running intervals, but I honestly wouldn't give it a second thought until you have built up a consistent 2 mile running base. Emphasis on speed too soon often causes injuries.

As for me, I was reminded last night how running can be an escape. My kids were in an obnoxious mood and were driving me out of my mind after camp. The final straw was when they complained that they didn't want what I had planned to cook for dinner. I threw some leftovers at them both and told them, "Mommy is going for a run. See ya in an hour." They were both PO'd, but I needed to clear my head. I felt much better when I got back, they had calmed down, and it made for a nice rest of the evening.

Kristia

3 miles -11:39 pace. I haven't been that slow in a long time. I will blame it on the humidity. :rolleyes: It was really bad out today. Ran at 7 pm and it was still 92 degrees and humid as all get out! Legs felt like lead today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom