What did you do?

Kristia

This stretch is incredible for the IT band.

Standing feet shoulder width apart, place right foot 10-12 inches in front of left foot and 10-12 inches over (away from original position). Should be about a 45 degree angle like you are stepping across the other foot. Slightly twist your torso and face right, lean to your right, down and try to touch you left foot slowly (it is the one in the back). You should feel the stretch start in your butt, then down your thigh and if you really are tight, into your knee. Hold for 30 seconds.

Repeat on the other side. I live for this stretch in the morning. ;)
Yep! The same one my PT husband gave me to do last year when I was having issues.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I did X2 Yoga today. After repeatedly hearing about the benefits of yoga from Coryna, I decided to give yoga another shot. I went all the way through. It was tough, but I feel stretched out and can see how it can benefit my tight/problem areas. It was good to see Tony Horton again, since I lost track of P90X2 about halfway through phase 2. I might have to give that whole program another try sometime.

I was dripping sweat like I had run 10 miles....but I feel great for finishing it. I can't do all the moves yet (I can do crane!), but I hope that I will be able to with time.

fmingo36

I did X2 Yoga today. After repeatedly hearing about the benefits of yoga from Coryna, I decided to give yoga another shot. I went all the way through. It was tough, but I feel stretched out and can see how it can benefit my tight/problem areas. It was good to see Tony Horton again, since I lost track of P90X2 about halfway through phase 2. I might have to give that whole program another try sometime.

I was dripping sweat like I had run 10 miles....but I feel great for finishing it. I can't do all the moves yet (I can do crane!), but I hope that I will be able to with time.

Crane pose-BRAVO!

fmingo36

Started the morning off with an hour of yoga.
I mentioned swan pose to Jill but there is another pose that I am going to try and explain that is a great stretch.
Start off in downward facing dog
(Key is to really lift your hips)-
downward-facingdog-step4.gif

STEP 1: Come onto the floor on your hands and knees. Stretch the elbows and relax the upper back between the shoulder blades, which gives you the feeling that the arms fall into the shoulder blades.

STEP 2: Exhale and lift your knees and draw your back backwards from the pelvis, so that your arms and back form one line.

STEP 3: Stretch your legs in such a way that you get the feeling that someone behind you is pulling your legs and hips backwards from the top of your upper legs. Let your head hang down in a relaxed sort of way.

STEP 4: When you have placed your back and your legs correctly, stretch out your arms. This results in a stretching from two sides of the back: a stretching from the pelvis and a stretching from the arms. When the back and the chest are placed correctly, you will notice that you can quietly breathe in and out through the belly. You should not let your chest hang downwards or make your back extremely sunken.

GO INTO 3-Legged Dog
Step 5: Shift weight into your hands and your left foot equally. Then raise your right leg up to the ceiling. Try to keep your shoulders parallel with the ground and gaze at your left thigh or up towards your belly to help you stay balanced. To feel the stretch in your left hamstring, try to keep pressing your left heel down towards the ground.

Now for the FUN part :p
Step 6: Bend the lifted leg and turn the knee outward. Keeping your body weight shifted forward turn your upper body slightly to the outside. You gaze should follow the twist of your body so you'll be looking under your arm. BREATHE!!!
Hold that postion for as long as you are comfortable. You will feel this in your hips and side body. AMAZING!

To get out the position: (which is just as important)
Turn the body back to center, bring the knee in straight, lower the leg back to down dog. From here go in to child's pose for a few breathes. Now repeat with the other side. I do both legs 3 or 4 times before going into another position (usually cresent lunges from down-dog)
ENJOY! :D

JillC LI

I did a 1.3 mile walk with the kiddos yesterday in the middle of the afternoon. I learned that my daughter can bike at roughly the same pace I can run, so I'll keep that in mind for future runs.

I then ran 3.03 miles just as the sun was setting over the lake near my home last night. You can tell I'm running regularly again, because I crave the run, and then feel great when I'm done.

I love having my daughter join me on her bike while I run. She could certainly go much faster, but she likes being out with me too, so she hovers just behind me or along side me. When I was training for my last Half Marathon, my hubby and both kids joined me on all my weekend training runs, up to and including a 13 mile run (bike ride for them). The kids have endless energy.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just around 25 miles this morning.

Crazy religious nut lady tried to stop me on the boardwalk and give me a pamphlet about god..."no f-----g way lady, " and I took off.

Standard run. Went to the doctor today to get a check-up and blood work for BoB100.

Run hard folks.

fmingo36

Alooooooha Cousins!
Just finished an hour of Hula dancing. (Any type of crossing training works for me)
It was so much fun!!!
Any of my Jersey friends want to make the trip to the E.Brunswick area, you are more than welcome to join me next week. :D

Kristia

Alooooooha Cousins!
Just finished an hour of Hula dancing. (Any type of crossing training works for me)
It was so much fun!!!
Any of my Jersey friends want to make the trip to the E.Brunswick area, you are more than welcome to join me next week. :D
Too bad East Brunswick is just a little too far for me to travel on a weeknight lol! I really can't see myself hula dancing but it sounds kind of fun!:p

Kristia

4 miles tonight - 10:41 pace. Not too bad! It was a really nice evening for a run. Humidity was relatively low and temp was in the high 70's.

imagination30

okay so today i almost planed to run in the rain... i would have , had it not been pouring when i got off work so i decisided to break out the wii tonight and do a little cross training with some wii sports/ wii boxing / tennis .. for about a 1hour then followed by a little work out for 30 mins!:)

dreamfinder

This stretch is incredible for the IT band.

Standing feet shoulder width apart, place right foot 10-12 inches in front of left foot and 10-12 inches over (away from original position). Should be about a 45 degree angle like you are stepping across the other foot. Slightly twist your torso and face right, lean to your right, down and try to touch you left foot slowly (it is the one in the back). You should feel the stretch start in your butt, then down your thigh and if you really are tight, into your knee. Hold for 30 seconds.

Repeat on the other side. I live for this stretch in the morning. ;)

Interesting. Just tried it quickly and assuming I understand correctly, I did feel it stretching in the glutes.

Just around 25 miles this morning.

Crazy religious nut lady tried to stop me on the boardwalk and give me a pamphlet about god..."no f-----g way lady, " and I took off.

Standard run. Went to the doctor today to get a check-up and blood work for BoB100.

Run hard folks.

The fact you run in all black didn't give her a hint that you weren't interested? Yup, sounds like crazy to me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I really need to try and get in some Yoga. I've given it a few goes, and I juts can't stand it, but I know its good for me. Congrats for getting to the end of it - I know that takes some doing!

imagination30

okay mother nature doesnt want me to have a another long run this week , so thats fine with , imprivised with 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym followed by some weight lifting.. and strenght traning!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I got 4 miles in this morning at a 12 minute pace. I looked at my phone and saw a temp of 66. I got dressed and went outside only to find it was almost 80 already.

Ran anyway. Burned a few more calories than I planned, but that's a good thing. I had no idea how far/long I was going to run, I just kept going until I felt I had a good workout in.

Ariel484

I got 4 miles in this morning at a 12 minute pace. I looked at my phone and saw a temp of 66. I got dressed and went outside only to find it was almost 80 already.

Ran anyway. Burned a few more calories than I planned, but that's a good thing. I had no idea how far/long I was going to run, I just kept going until I felt I had a good workout in.

I HATE that. I feel like the weather app on my phone (Weather Channel) is never correct!

Good job getting it done!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles this am.

Swimming tomorrow am. Im excited to get back in the pool since last Fridays break through. If only they could pump Bassnectar over the speakers at the Y instead of that country crap. I would swim so much better.

Witchy Chick

My name's Shannon! :)

Fair enough, we'll duke it out for 'Ohana! :mad: ;)

I'm Tracey -- nice to "meet" you. Don't be surprised if I still call you by your screen name sometimes, though. I have an awful memory. :oops:

I HATE that. I feel like the weather app on my phone (Weather Channel) is never correct!

I've been having a lot of issues with Weather Channel app not showing the correct data also. o_O

As for running, I have not TM'd the past couple of nights (was scheduled Tues, but didn't feel well at all; Wed was a bust with giving kids a bath and putting them to bed). I'm gonna have DH put the kids to bed tonight so I can get on TM. I also have some training to do for work, so it's going to be a busy night.

My DH Xrays came back negative. Doc told him to rest for 6 weeks........which would put him 10 weeks out from NYC marathon. :eek: DH is going to rest about 3-4 weeks (since he's already been on the shelf for a while) and see how things go. He and I will be fighting for TM time in a few weeks. LOL

Witchy

Ariel484

I'm Tracey -- nice to "meet" you. Don't be surprised if I still call you by your screen name sometimes, though. I have an awful memory. :oops:

Me too...no worries! :)

My DH Xrays came back negative. Doc told him to rest for 6 weeks........which would put him 10 weeks out from NYC marathon. :eek: DH is going to rest about 3-4 weeks (since he's already been on the shelf for a while) and see how things go. He and I will be fighting for TM time in a few weeks. LOL

Witchy

I hope your husband has a safe and speedy recovery!

---------------

Today was the same as Monday for me - strength training in the morning before work, yoga at lunch. Namaste! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom