What did you do?

fmingo36

Almost forgot . . . I'm so bummed. Sometime while I was out doing errands on Friday night, someone must have stolen my RunDisney magnet off my car! It was there when I started my errands, and it was gone when I got home. I went to several different places, but I'm farily certain it didn't just fall off in a parking lot because that magnet was on there good and strong. I'm really unhappy about it. Gotta go check the Disney site to see if they have any in stock for me to replace it. :(

JERKIES! :mad:
Someone did that to me. I had a NE Patriots helmet on my car and one afternoon I came out of the mall and it was gone. Pi$$ed me off royally. Now I'm afraid to get magnets.

Check e-bay for the magnet, I've seen them on there in the past.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Almost forgot . . . I'm so bummed. Sometime while I was out doing errands on Friday night, someone must have stolen my RunDisney magnet off my car! It was there when I started my errands, and it was gone when I got home. I went to several different places, but I'm farily certain it didn't just fall off in a parking lot because that magnet was on there good and strong. I'm really unhappy about it. Gotta go check the Disney site to see if they have any in stock for me to replace it. :(
Someone just stopped me in a parking lot to comment on my 100mi sticker and "TOENAILS ARE FOR SISSIES" sticker on my car. I've caught someone trying to take decals off of my car...I hit the panic button and scared the s--t out of them.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yes, I forgot how good it feels! I'm very lucky to have access to *free* classes at work, so I'm signed up to go on Thursdays as well. Hopefully I can keep it up!

You are so lucky to have so many fitness tools available to you at work!! Can you get me a job there? :D LOL

I have to second Shannon. That does totally, absolutely suck. The one thing I do have at my workplace is the founding chapter of the I Hate People Club. Maybe you'd like to join. We have our monthly meetings in a local bar. :cool:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Dude, that sucks Jill. Hate that for you. Not that you lost it because you can buy another, but that you have to buy another! Those things were pricey weren't they. LOL... and the shipping and wait time. Errr.

Kristia

My travel agent, Sir Richard, was on that for our trip down this fall with them for the ToT. Good to have people in the know and know the system. :)
I actually don't mind making my own. Gives me something to look forward too in the planning process! I am usually up around that time to take care of all our critters so it isn't so bad. :)

Ariel484

You are so lucky to have so many fitness tools available to you at work!! Can you get me a job there? :D LOL

Ha! I am in the research department for a large Midwestern hospital system that takes "employee wellness" very seriously...hence the yoga, free gym, Weight Watchers, etc. Do you have any skills that can be used in the medical field? :D

Me too! Gonna be up early making my ADR's this Saturday!

Me too! Game on at 6 AM! :cool:

dreamfinder

Someone did that to me. I had a NE Patriots helmet on my car and one afternoon I came out of the mall and it was gone. Pi$$ed me off royally. Now I'm afraid to get magnets.

Someone just stopped me in a parking lot to comment on my 100mi sticker and "TOENAILS ARE FOR SISSIES" sticker on my car. I've caught someone trying to take decals off of my car...I hit the panic button and scared the s--t out of them.

Someone tried to take off the decals? Don't they know they can't restick em? However, I am equally paranoid, and only put sticker on the insides of my car windows. Makes it tough at times to find ones that will display properly, but I don't want them damaged by idiots or by mother nature.

Sub 20 min 5k this am. First one for a few months. Glad to be picking the speed back up.

Witchy Chick

Mannnnnn, people are JERKS. I'm sorry your magnet got ripped off.

Me too! Gonna be up early making my ADR's this Saturday!

Me too! Game on at 6 AM! :cool:

Looks like a bunch of us will be busy Saturday 6am. LOL

As for the running -- day (night?) of rest for me last night. Back on the TM tonight after putting the kidlets to bed. :)

Witchy

Mickey&Minnie

Last night 6 miles on the TM at 12 minute average pace. Then an hour of yoga and another hour of zumba. I was exhausted when I got home. Rest day today and then tomorrow back at it with 8 miles planned in my head.

Happy running, and I hope everyone gets the ressies that you want!

JillC LI

Now I'm REALLY bummed. The Disney site now only has a RunDisney 26.2 Training magnet, not the generic one, and I can't find any on eBay. Big bummer. I can't even replace what someone stole!

I have to second Shannon. That does totally, absolutely suck. The one thing I do have at my workplace is the founding chapter of the I Hate People Club. Maybe you'd like to join. We have our monthly meetings in a local bar. :cool:

Yeah, I'll join that club.

Dude, that sucks Jill. Hate that for you. Not that you lost it because you can buy another, but that you have to buy another! Those things were pricey weren't they. LOL... and the shipping and wait time. Errr.

Thanks. And as I said above, I CANNOT get another. Not now at least. There's the outline of the Mickey ears from the magnet on the back of my car where dirt collected around it, and every time I see it, it depresses me.

Someone tried to take off the decals? Don't they know they can't restick em? However, I am equally paranoid, and only put sticker on the insides of my car windows. Makes it tough at times to find ones that will display properly, but I don't want them damaged by idiots or by mother nature. Sub 20 min 5k this am.

This was a magnet, not a sticker, so it CAN be reused. And great time on that 5K!

I actually don't mind making my own. Gives me something to look forward too in the planning process! I am usually up around that time to take care of all our critters so it isn't so bad. :)

I enjoy making them myself too. Good luck to everyone making their ADRs at 6am this Saturday!

As for me, 4 miles outdoors at 6:15am this morning. Nice strong run at 9:30 min. pace.

Kristia

I know! You ladies had better not take the 'Ohana reservation I'm gunning for!! :mad: ;)
No 'Ohana for me this time, but we are hoping for a Le Cellier ressie! We haven't been able to get in for the past 3 times we have gone! All our others should be pretty easy.

fmingo36

Now I'm REALLY bummed. The Disney site now only has a RunDisney 26.2 Training magnet, not the generic one, and I can't find any on eBay. Big bummer. I can't even replace what someone stole!

If you can wait till Sept., I'll see if they are selling them at the TOT10M Expo.

fmingo36

5.05 miles at a 10:15 pace.
Not as good of a run yesterday. Legs were sore from yesterday's run and weight workout. Plus I unfortuately got behind a garbage truck and was following that stop and go for about 3/4 miles. It reeked so bad and the odor just lingered. Yuck!!! (Imagine the hurl icon here!)

Ariel484

How do you find the Treadmill to Road Run transition? Or do you only do treadmill training in the summer due to the heat?

I have free access to a fitness center at work (free weights/weight machines, cardio equipment, etc.)...if I go to this fitness center at least 10 times per month for 10 months out of the calendar year, I pay a lower health insurance premium. This is the ONLY reason why I run on the treadmill...to get those gym visits. :D Otherwise I would probably wake up early and run at home before work. I used to do all of my runs on the treadmill (the furthest distance I've run on a treadmill was a 12.5-miler last year), but once I began running outside regularly I found I couldn't stand treadmill running...I think this is pretty common. Now I don't go more than 5 miles at once on a treadmill, and the only time I prefer treadmill running is for speedwork (unless there's super extreme weather - seriously heat, blizzard, etc. - but even this past week, when I was off of work, I did all of my runs outside even with the heat advisory we had).

Right now a little over a third of my weekly mileage is on the treadmill (2 mornings on treadmill, 2 runs outside)...and I think when you asked the question you were wondering if I find it difficult to run outside after running inside?? I actually find that I am slower on the treadmill...I won't bore you with my theories as to why this is, but I am definitely faster when I run outside (not counting treadmill speedwork). In general running on a treadmill is thought to be "easier" than running outside because a treadmill is softer than concrete, it pulls you along, the conditions stay the same (no heat, no wind resistance, etc.) and unless you mess with the incline you're running on a flat surface the entire time, etc. But for me the mental challenge - i.e. BOREDOM - of running on a treadmill makes it so much harder. It's worth it to me to get up earlier to get a run in and avoid the summer heat, which is what I did last week...I woke up early, sunscreened, carried water with me, and accepted that my pace was going to be slower than normal because it was so hot out. If it weren't for wanting to accumulate those gym visits, I'd almost certainly do all my runs outside.

I hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom