What did you do?

DisneyRunner

Donald Duck, what are you training for? Today, I did a four mile hill workout in 100% humidity, dew point and air temperature the same, and hazy sunshine. I think I ran it about the same pace as I always do. My watch battery is dead, so I relied on the departure and return time from the clock in the house. This board is great, it keeps you accountable. :sohappy:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Donald Duck, what are you training for? Today, I did a four mile hill workout in 100% humidity, dew point and air temperature the same, and hazy sunshine. I think I ran it about the same pace as I always do. My watch battery is dead, so I relied on the departure and return time from the clock in the house. This board is great, it keeps you accountable. :sohappy:
Yeah I love this board.

I have a 10k in a month, a 5k the week after that, and 1/2 marathon the first week in October, and the WDW 1/2 marathon in January. Other than that I just thrive on high mileage. It keeps my head above water.

Erin_Akey

You guys are wild with these high miles and distances and low times. once agan I am almost embarassed to post what I did today!

I was very sick last night. Had a nasty altercation with my stomach ulcer- so probably shouldn't have tried to run this morning....BUT wantd to do at least something.

I set out- on a stomach that had been empty since 6 pm last night- and was only able to go 2.1 miles. Pace was horrible. 15:07.

BUT i am glad i tried and did not sleep in as I was tempted to do!
Tomorrow night is my 8 miler. PRAYING for cooler temps!

fractal

You guys are wild with these high miles and distances and low times. once agan I am almost embarassed to post what I did today!

I was very sick last night. Had a nasty altercation with my stomach ulcer- so probably shouldn't have tried to run this morning....BUT wantd to do at least something.

I set out- on a stomach that had been empty since 6 pm last night- and was only able to go 2.1 miles. Pace was horrible. 15:07.

Congrats on s__________g it up and getting in 2 miles! You burn just as many calories going 2miles at a 15min pace vs. 2miles at an 8min pace.

Today I got in 4 miles in hot and heavy weather.

Phonedave

Like running in soup tonight. I swear the sun never really came out all day, cloudy, hazy, humid, and hot.

4.85 miles.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Like running in soup tonight. I swear the sun never really came out all day, cloudy, hazy, humid, and hot.

4.85 miles.

-dave
Same here in Bama. my schedule called for 30 minute run. I usually get 4 miles into that if i bust it (sometimes I go over by just a little) but today, i am sore from Sundays 10 mile run.

I didnt take distance. No way. Too sore. Just jogged.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Been running at night at the gym on a treadmill due to schedule conflicts the last couple weeks.

Ran 3 miles again last night....with a TV in front of me that refused to change channels......

That's the only good part of running inside to me is that I can usually tune out by watching sportscenter....but I couldn't change it off the crappy sitcom reruns that were on the tube.

Xethis

So, umm, yeah, this is my first post in this category. Please don't throw anything too heavy at me.

A brief back history: I was the champion of bad health all the way through college. Greasy burgers and pizza, barrels of beer & 2 packs of smokes a day and weighed 265, standing only 5 foot 6 inches tall, err, short.

Then one day I decided enough! I gave up smoking cold turkey on New Years Eve 2009 and radically changed my diet. No sugar, fat free everything, diet drinks & a gallon of water a day, and baked chicken & salad as staple meals a few times a week. In June of 2009 I started lifting weights again & ran around the local park a few times a week. In August, just when i started to have room in my jeans I was admitted for an emergency back surgery & was off my feet til October. Go figure, start getting healthy & my lower spine takes me out. Doctors said I had an abscess the size of a golf ball caused by situps. (Sorry if that was TMI).

Started my new job in October of 2009 and weighed 265 still. Doctors gave me the ok to go back to exercising in January. Bought a treadmill & my life changed. All of a sudden I found my new 'high' in life was control. I found for the first time i wasn't a slave to cigarettes or junk food, that I had ALL the control in my life.

So here it is almost a year later, and I am down to 225, dropped a size, and just did my first 5k last month (hill course, 44 mins). My longest run so far was 6.2 on the treadmill, wanna say it was around 2 hours tho, lol.

You guys are wild with these high miles and distances and low times. once again I am almost embarrassed to post what I did today! and was only able to go 2.1 miles. Pace was horrible. 15:07.

I have lurked in here a few times but never posted until I read Erin's post. So far my best run is 2 miles in 26 minutes. Erin, you have nothing to be embarrassed of. I keep my positive frame of mind by realizing how far I've come, and reminding myself that the average couch potato runs 0.0 miles a week.

But I see where Erin is coming from. I read Donald's weekly run distances & times & it makes me wanna lay in traffic. But we all gotta start somewhere right? I think it's better to do something than nothing at all. It's easy to quit. But making yourself run or workout when you don't want to is so much more fulfilling than sitting on the couch.

I thank all of you for the info you share about your runs & have found that lately it has motivated my runs a little. I never in a million years thought I'd post in here as my runs are on such a small scale as compared to most of yours. But then again I never thought I'd be a non-smoker with a treadmill. :D

Thanks to all of you for posting, and thanks for tolerating my n00b rambling. I may not be running 47 miles a day with a 7 minute average, lol, but I do run 5 days a week & have recently started the P90X ab workout on Tuesdays & Thursdays. My goal is to run the 2012 Disney 1/2 marathon. I'll keep you posted, ha ha.

Thanks all. Have a good run!

Wilt Dasney

Welcome to the club, Xethis. Sounds like you have come a long way, and you've got it right...by doing ANYthing, you're far ahead of most people. I started out just walking 2 miles a day at a very leisurely pace last June in an attempt to drop some weight and lower my blood pressure.

I never would have dreamed I'd be running a 5K, much less seriously considering a marathon, but a little over a year later, here I am...about 20 lbs. lighter, BP within healthy range, and getting fidgety on days I don't run. :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

I've done 2 Disney half-marathons already and my pace is a little better than yours. . . but not by much.

Just remember. It's the ones with the good paces who talk about it. The rest of us just lurk in shameful silence.:lookaroun

Here. This will make you feel better.

Here's a photo of me finishing up my first half-marathon:

n1399203865_30075707_7890.jpg

I wasn't running 10 minute miles.:lookaroun

I hate &^%$#* running.:lookaroun

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
So, umm, yeah, this is my first post in this category. Please don't throw anything too heavy at me.

A brief back history: I was the champion of bad health all the way through college. Greasy burgers and pizza, barrels of beer & 2 packs of smokes a day and weighed 265, standing only 5 foot 6 inches tall, err, short.

Then one day I decided enough! I gave up smoking cold turkey on New Years Eve 2009 and radically changed my diet. No sugar, fat free everything, diet drinks & a gallon of water a day, and baked chicken & salad as staple meals a few times a week. In June of 2009 I started lifting weights again & ran around the local park a few times a week. In August, just when i started to have room in my jeans I was admitted for an emergency back surgery & was off my feet til October. Go figure, start getting healthy & my lower spine takes me out. Doctors said I had an abscess the size of a golf ball caused by situps. (Sorry if that was TMI).

Started my new job in October of 2009 and weighed 265 still. Doctors gave me the ok to go back to exercising in January. Bought a treadmill & my life changed. All of a sudden I found my new 'high' in life was control. I found for the first time i wasn't a slave to cigarettes or junk food, that I had ALL the control in my life.

So here it is almost a year later, and I am down to 225, dropped a size, and just did my first 5k last month (hill course, 44 mins). My longest run so far was 6.2 on the treadmill, wanna say it was around 2 hours tho, lol.

I have lurked in here a few times but never posted until I read Erin's post. So far my best run is 2 miles in 26 minutes. Erin, you have nothing to be embarrassed of. I keep my positive frame of mind by realizing how far I've come, and reminding myself that the average couch potato runs 0.0 miles a week.

But I see where Erin is coming from. I read Donald's weekly run distances & times & it makes me wanna lay in traffic. But we all gotta start somewhere right? I think it's better to do something than nothing at all. It's easy to quit. But making yourself run or workout when you don't want to is so much more fulfilling than sitting on the couch.

I thank all of you for the info you share about your runs & have found that lately it has motivated my runs a little. I never in a million years thought I'd post in here as my runs are on such a small scale as compared to most of yours. But then again I never thought I'd be a non-smoker with a treadmill. :D

Thanks to all of you for posting, and thanks for tolerating my n00b rambling. I may not be running 47 miles a day with a 7 minute average, lol, but I do run 5 days a week & have recently started the P90X ab workout on Tuesdays & Thursdays. My goal is to run the 2012 Disney 1/2 marathon. I'll keep you posted, ha ha.

Thanks all. Have a good run!

Welcome to the board! Please please please, don't compare what you do to other people's distance and times...especially mine, because even my wife says there a few screws loose up in my stubborn noggin...everyone here is different and that's what makes this board so much fun. So many different perspectives, levels, ages, situations, etc...
It was wonderful to read your story and it puts things in perspective. It makes me want to share my story and struggles (I'm sure we all have one!), but perhaps another time.

Anyway, I'm glad you stopped lurking and finally posted! Keep up the great work and never be shy, and please do not "lay down in traffic"!!!
Cheers.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ok, 10.30 miles at a 9min pace today. Really hot and humid out, so I strapped on my fuel belt off I went.

Some muscle soreness in my right hip and my knees are a little tired...but just push through.

garyhoov posted his running pic above, and I think we should all post our running pics! Good, bad, and the ugly!

As soon as my last race pic comes in the mail (Sea Girt 5k) I'll post it.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Ok, 10.30 miles at a 9min pace today. Really hot and humid out, so I strapped on my fuel belt off I went.

Some muscle soreness in my right hip and my knees are a little tired...but just push through.

garyhoov posted his running pic above, and I think we should all post our running pics! Good, bad, and the ugly!

As soon as my last race pic comes in the mail (Sea Girt 5k) I'll post it.

Well I've already covered ugly, so it's up to the rest of you to fill in the good and bad.:lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm game. Here I am finishing up my first 5K on May 1. I always think I look like I'm doing some kind of dance in place here. :shrug: :lol:

Picture41.png

Too cheap to pay for it?:lookaroun

:lol:

Looking good! I like how you manage to get one of your feet completely off the ground. I still have trouble doing that toward the end of races and do more of a shuffle.

. . . if we were running on carpet, I'd be able to give those ________________ who try to put blankets on you at the finish line a doozy of a shock.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom