What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just got back...had to take it easy this morning because of yesterday's run.

6.34 this morning at a 8:30 pace

62.41 miles this week, Mon-Sunday

Cheers.

Ariel484

...Oh, and to the 20something year old drunk hecklers in the black car that drove by yell obscenities and making hand gestures, I hope you stumb your toe and it hurts really really bad all day. If it rips your toenail off by accident, even better. :lookaroun

I had a similar thing happen last week, except they blew an air horn at me...super fun way to spend their time I guess? :shrug:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ran my second 5k yesterday. It was soooooo hot! I had a rough time, but did it in 45:52 with a 14:46 pace. Now to all of you vets I know you are laughing, BUT my very firs time running in a race in June, I did it in 49:15 with a 15:53 pace, so I shaved almost 4 minues off.

I really think I would have done better, except there was this bridge........I had NO CLUE we had to run over the super tall bridge beforehand and I do not train on hills. There were a few other boo boos I made which I will not explain here. :(

I had to walk up part of the bridge......I got so hot and nauseated! BUT- I finished in 98 degree heat and did better than my last race.

My next is August 28th. My goal is to be UNDER 45 minutes!
It doesnt matter the finishing time... the best part of yes, you finished and you improved by 4 minutes. That is HUGE! Way to go!

Just got back...had to take it easy this morning because of yesterday's run.

6.34 this morning at a 8:30 pace

62.41 miles this week, Mon-Sunday

Cheers.
I marvel at your recovery. Im running about 1/2 your weekly totals and I cant seem to get my legs underneath me still. They are fatigued almost when I start.

I had a similar thing happen last week, except they blew an air horn at me...super fun way to spend their time I guess? :shrug:
I really wish I would have bought that small thing of mace to keep in my pack on my water belt. I would have been a little more vocal with my middle finger if I would have had a back up... like mace or pepper spray. :D That would have killed their buzz.

Yes, that would have ben immature on my part, but when Im working my butt off and pulling a hill and these jerk offs drive by, Errr!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It doesnt matter the finishing time... the best part of yes, you finished and you improved by 4 minutes. That is HUGE! Way to go!

I marvel at your recovery. Im running about 1/2 your weekly totals and I cant seem to get my legs underneath me still. They are fatigued almost when I start.

I really wish I would have bought that small thing of mace to keep in my pack on my water belt. I would have been a little more vocal with my middle finger if I would have had a back up... like mace or pepper spray. :D That would have killed their buzz.

Yes, that would have ben immature on my part, but when Im working my butt off and pulling a hill and these jerk offs drive by, Errr!

I have a high pain tolerance...that can be good and bad. My wife has to reel me in sometimes. Or maybe I have a mutant healing factor like Wolverine or Deadpool...oops, my geekness just surfaced...

And yeah, I despise the jerks in cars who have to make comments or noises etc...pathetic and easily amused idots. My retort..."Yea excuse me, I didn't catch what else you did today besides sit on your ______ all day long..."

Cheers jmax!

Wilt Dasney

Ran my second 5k yesterday. It was soooooo hot! I had a rough time, but did it in 45:52 with a 14:46 pace. Now to all of you vets I know you are laughing, BUT my very firs time running in a race in June, I did it in 49:15 with a 15:53 pace, so I shaved almost 4 minues off.

I really think I would have done better, except there was this bridge........I had NO CLUE we had to run over the super tall bridge beforehand and I do not train on hills. There were a few other boo boos I made which I will not explain here. :(

I had to walk up part of the bridge......I got so hot and nauseated! BUT- I finished in 98 degree heat and did better than my last race.

My next is August 28th. My goal is to be UNDER 45 minutes!

Hey, just showing up in that kind of weather is an achievement in my book! Good luck with your next race. Do you have a 10K planned anytime before WDW?

Erin_Akey

Hey, just showing up in that kind of weather is an achievement in my book! Good luck with your next race. Do you have a 10K planned anytime before WDW?

I need to find one.........I have not found one locally though......the big one here is in March and I cannot wait to do it, but still hoping for a 10k!

Phonedave

I need to find one.........I have not found one locally though......the big one here is in March and I cannot wait to do it, but still hoping for a 10k!

I don't know Alabama, or what is near Mobile, but this what USATF has listed for races 10k and under in Alabama through the end of the year.

Date Event Name Location Events
8/28/10 Running of the Bulls 5K & Fun Run Hampton Cove, AL 1 mi, 5000 km
9/18/10 Care Center New Hope, AL 5 km, 5 km
10/30/10 The Spooktacular Run Huntsville, AL 1 mi fun run, 5 km
12/4/10 2010 Jingle Bell Run/ Walk Dothan, AL 5 km walk
12/4/10 2010 Jingle Bell Run/ Walk for Arthritis Eufaula, AL 5 km, 5 km walk
12/4/10 2010 Jingle Bell Run/ Walk for Arthritis Montgomery, AL 1 mi fun run, 1 mi fun run, 5 km
12/11/10 USATF National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships

mama2disneyfans

I am just starting - this past Wednesday in fact was my first day. I ran 2.04 miles in 30 minutes. It was humid and I don't usually run during the warm hours, I thought I was going to die. Will not be doing that again soon. But, I did get out there and did some running so that is something right?

Wilt Dasney

I am just starting - this past Wednesday in fact was my first day. I ran 2.04 miles in 30 minutes. It was humid and I don't usually run during the warm hours, I thought I was going to die. Will not be doing that again soon. But, I did get out there and did some running so that is something right?
Yes it is! IMO the gulf between someone doing nothing and someone running any distance is bigger than the gulf between any two runners.

Wilt Dasney

I pulled my usual 6 mile long run distance last night...66 minutes. Not my best, but solid in my book.

This is my "holding pattern" distance until I get serious with marathon training after Labor Day. I'm excited that I held up for my Week 1 schedule trial, so I know I (in theory, anyway) have what it takes to start training for the big boy in January.

Phonedave

No, that is EVERYTHING

The hardest part is starting. It's very easy to sit on the couch and watch TV.

You have already completed the first, and hardest, step - starting. Congratulations.

-dave

fractal

Awesome!

The next step is to make it a habit.

before you know it, you'll be sitting at work and "jonesing" to go out for a run.

I know I do.

Ariel484

No run for me yesterday, but my credit card got a workout - I booked my room for the 2011 Princess Half! :sohappy:

Today will be 3 miles easy in the blistering heat after work :hurl:

Erin_Akey

i am pretty new to this too. Just started in June. CONGRATS!!!! That is a great time!!!!

fractal

OK, I get the stupid award for the day.

I decided to time myself ( I usually don't ) in a 5K route.

Normally I run/jog at about a 12 to 12:30 min/mile pace.

Well the "timing myself" turned into "how fast can I finish".

I did 5k in 32.55 ( about 10:30 min/mile ) in 92degree heat and high humidity.

I am now sitting here ready to throw-up the little food I was able to eat.

:brick:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
7.54 miles just now. I've been keeping a steady 8 - 8:30 min pace for the past week, so I'm pretty happy with that. Left mid-foot pain was not an issue this morning like it was yesterday.

Currently holding 50-60 miles a week (Monday-Sunday), but hope to increase that to 90 per week by September. Just have to get up a little earlier than usual to accomidate the time.

Cheers to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom