What did you do?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I signed up for a gym membership at the YMCA today. They have a great walking track and tons of treadmills and such. Now I just have to scrape myself back off this couch and head over there. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I ran 2 miles yesterday after completing 100.25 miles in 21 hours on Saturday. Back to full training tomorrow. Time to make a new toenail necklace :D

Cheers folks, The Machine is gettin' tuned up...

MKCP 1985

I've never felt the motivation to do a "recovery run." :dazzle:

What did I do today? Registered for the Tower of Terror 10 Mile run. Registration fees go up by $15 at midnight. Don't wait until tomorrow!

Monorail Lime

I signed up for a gym membership at the YMCA today. They have a great walking track and tons of treadmills and such. Now I just have to scrape myself back off this couch and head over there. :lol:
Hope it works out well for you! Joining the YMCA was the turning point where I finally felt committed to the Couch-to-5k routine. Now I'm there 3-4 times a week, rain or shine. No more excuses!

Texas84

Yes, even if I walk that damn thing, Ill keep that 16 minute pace. :lol:

Glad you're taking it slow. Bet you're sick of our nagging. :D

I ran 2 miles yesterday after completing 100.25 miles in 21 hours on Saturday. Back to full training tomorrow. Time to make a new toenail necklace
notworthy.gif

I've never felt the motivation to do a "recovery run."

Yeah, I take a week off after a half. :eek:

3 Miles this AM. Still sub-11 minute pace. I get to do 9.5 Sunday.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I ran 2 miles yesterday after completing 100.25 miles in 21 hours on Saturday. Back to full training tomorrow. Time to make a new toenail necklace :D

2 miles must have seemed like a walk to the kitchen after Saturday's superhuman feat. :lol:

Hope it works out well for you! Joining the YMCA was the turning point where I finally felt committed to the Couch-to-5k routine. Now I'm there 3-4 times a week, rain or shine. No more excuses!

I got tired of dealing with the weather, trying not to get run over, and the crappy sidewalks in my town. The membership is $35/month and I get access to a lot more than just walking around my neighborhood. I love taking classes so I am looking forward to that. I might even try a few laps in the pool to give my joints a break.

I even managed to get my butt back over there tonight and I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill. I altered my speed all willy nilly so I ended up with a blah pace of 17:35. :shrug: The nice thing about going to the YMCA is that the crowd there is very normal. Old people, young people, fat people, and skinny people. I've been at several gyms and I hated being surrounded by the guys who look like they could bench press my car. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That's great! :sohappy: Take it slow, you'll be back before you know it.
I know. Im actually being patient. That is against my norm with injuries. :lol:

I was wondering how long it would take you to get back out there.

Glad you're taking it slow. Bet you're sick of our nagging. :D
Naaah. It keeps me in check. :D

Blueliner

I ran three early morning miles around Homewood yesterday, and did the Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance early this morning.

I've written out a 28 week training plan for the Tower of Terror ten miler (started last week). I know I'm a nut, but planning it out is the best way to keep myself motivated and on track.

Ariel484

I know. Im actually being patient. That is against my norm with injuries. :lol:

It's hard to wait it out when all you want to do is go on a run. I know how it is. :dazzle:

I ran three early morning miles around Homewood yesterday, and did the Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance early this morning.

I've written out a 28 week training plan for the Tower of Terror ten miler (started last week). I know I'm a nut, but planning it out is the best way to keep myself motivated and on track.

You aren't the only one! I have the rest of my year up through Marathon Weekend 2013 planned out in a Google Doc. :lol: :eek:

2-mile hill workout for me this morning on the treadmill...last one of training...good riddance! :lol: But it WAS better than my first hill workout a few weeks back...progress?

enchanted_belle

I wouldn't mind seeing that myself. :lol: Working on my training plan for the next 6 months!!!

Let's see, yesterday I went for a 2 mile walk with a friend and jumped on the bike after class (woo cross training!), and talked the boyfriend's brother's fiancé into running the ToT race as well... so now I have someone I can train with! :sohappy:

Today, I'm going for a run right after work to finally finish up week 5 of the c25k, and then after class going to the gym to lift weights and do some training on the treadmill.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Have you started the PAP phase of X2 yet? Lower isn't bad but upper is killing me!

I decided to take a little break, as I was itching to run outside. I'm due to start the PAP phase soon....The nice weather outside calls to me...maybe I need to workout in my garage :)

fmingo36

I registered for Tough Mudder Wisconsin today.....Always a good sign when you have to sign a death waiver.

:eek:

Maybe we should have to sign one of those before riding the Tower of Terror. You know 5 people disappeared riding the hotel elevator back in 1939. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom