What did you do?

fmingo36

Got in 3.27 this morning at a 10:13 pace. Wanted to get up and run at 7:00AM (in honor of Nick's 100 mile) but my husband shut the alarm off last night without me knowing.

Texas84

Cherry Blossom 10K this AM. 1:05. Smashed my 10K record by 5 minutes. In the last few weeks my average pace went from 12+ to sub-11. Not sure what changed. Has this happened to anyone else? New shoes maybe? Or motivated by Nick's run? :D

fmingo36

Cherry Blossom 10K this AM. 1:05. Smashed my 10K record by 5 minutes. In the last few weeks my average pace went from 12+ to sub-11. Not sure what changed. Has this happened to anyone else? New shoes maybe? Or motivated by Nick's run? :D

AWESOME!:sohappy:

GoofyRacer11

I ran 12 miles this morning in the metroparks.
We started about 8am, which is earlier than
normal, but the weather was still good for running.
I didn't run as fast as I normally do. We ran 11 minute
miles to help and support my cousin who was struggling.
Hope everyone else is doing well with their training and
races.

Later Days!

dreamfinder

Sat was 2 outside with the DW at her pace, and then 10 at the gym at mine. Sun was another 9 of negative splits at the gym. Still need to kick up the starting pace on those splits to end up with an overall where I want to be. First time in a few weeks my knee has let me do back to backs. A little stiff, but not bad.

JillC LI

That's fantastic! Congrats! Yes, sometimes advances come in spurts. Sometimes you think you're not capable of running significantly faster, so you don't try. And then you discover inadvertently that you can so you keep pushing. Enjoy it.

I ran with my husband. We did interval run/walk. We saw three deer and heard the turkeys calling.

How cool.

Great 7 miler over the weekend, Ariel. And yes, if you are talking to that race director, I see no reaosn not to ask about the course distance.

As for me, weekend away at Great Wolf Lodge (do water slides count as aerobic activity?), but back home for 3.5 miles today.

DisneyRunner

I mowed my lawn today...well half of it. I have a big lawn. Still was weird to be mowing lawn in March.

The lawn care guys are here now mowing.
How cool.

Great 7 miler over the weekend, Ariel. And yes, if you are talking to that race director, I see no reaosn not to ask about the course distance.

As for me, weekend away at Great Wolf Lodge (do water slides count as aerobic activity?), but back home for 3.5 miles today.

If you have to climb stairs to get to the slide, then yes.

Today, I did over five miles. It was 45 minutes of running, plus walking as I chatted with someone else. Then strength training.

enchanted_belle

Got back on the treadmill yesterday after a week of being out of commission. First time out of the whole week I actually felt like a human, it was great! Just did an easy mile and a half with some weight training in the middle of it for the legs.

Ariel484

Thanks Jill! I think I will mention it to the guy...couldn't hurt.

And I agree with DisneyRunner...it seems like it takes FOREVER to climb up the stairs to get to the top of some of those slides. That totally counts.

Got back on the treadmill yesterday after a week of being out of commission. First time out of the whole week I actually felt like a human, it was great! Just did an easy mile and a half with some weight training in the middle of it for the legs.

Woohoo!! :sohappy:

40-minute tempo run for me on Sunday...hoping to get in 3 miles after work today. Have a good one, everyone! :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The road to recovery and running again ramped p this morning. I speed walked 1 mile on my normal hilly neighborhood. Granted, it was just walking, but no pain and no additional numbness on the outside of the knee. Ill probably walk 2 miles tomorrow morning.

Ill try running 1 mile Saturday if I think that is smart and Im ready.

JillC LI

Not exactly running news, but I wanted to share my Disney news with my online friends, and that's you guys on this forum.
Up until yesterday, we were "probably" going to Disney in December. As of last night, we are "definitely" going! We booked the airline tickets last night! It'll be the first time we get to see Disney at the holidays. We'll also do 1 day at Universal because my daughter and I have been dying to see the WWOHP. Now I just have to keep this secret for the next 8+ months because we don't plan to tell the kids until a few days beforehand - it will be their Hanukah present. And mine as well!!!! Yippee!

If you have to climb stairs to get to the slide, then yes.
And I agree with DisneyRunner...it seems like it takes FOREVER to climb up the stairs to get to the top of some of those slides. That totally counts.

Yes, I did climb tons of stairs! I forgot about that. And I had to drag inner tubes up thos steps with me for many of the slides so my arms got a workout too! LOL

The road to recovery and running again ramped p this morning. I speed walked 1 mile on my normal hilly neighborhood. Granted, it was just walking, but no pain and no additional numbness on the outside of the knee. Ill probably walk 2 miles tomorrow morning.

That's good news Joel. Slow and steady wins the recovery race.

Ariel484

That's great! :sohappy: Take it slow, you'll be back before you know it.

Ariel484

Not exactly running news, but I wanted to share my Disney news with my online friends, and that's you guys on this forum.
Up until yesterday, we were "probably" going to Disney in December. As of last night, we are "definitely" going! We booked the airline tickets last night! It'll be the first time we get to see Disney at the holidays. We'll also do 1 day at Universal because my daughter and I have been dying to see the WWOHP. Now I just have to keep this secret for the next 8+ months because we don't plan to tell the kids until a few days beforehand - it will be their Hanukah present. And mine as well!!!! Yippee!

Woohoo!! We're planning on going in December 2013...I've seen the decorations in November 2009 and during Marathon Weekend 2012. They're fabulous. I think 1 day for WWOHP is a good call. It looks amazing - just like the movies. :sohappy:

fmingo36

WOO-HOO! Looks like I'll be meeting you face to face in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom