What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
With the exception of a 23 miler, it was essentially back-to-back 30 milers all week. Still feeling okay *knocks on wood*
Did I read that folks are hesitant to post because of intimidation??? Post away newbies! Everyone has their own goals and challenges. Everyone is welcome on this board, no matter what.
Kicked back a few IPAs after a 30 miler in the snow just now.
Good luck to my speedy counterpart Joel tomorrow! Sub 4 bro, no other options...no pressure or anything!

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
With the exception of a 23 miler, it was essentially back-to-back 30 milers all week. Still feeling okay *knocks on wood*
Did I read that folks are hesitant to post because of intimidation??? Post away newbies! Everyone has their own goals and challenges. Everyone is welcome on this board, no matter what.
Kicked back a few IPAs after a 30 miler in the snow just now.
Good luck to my speedy counterpart Joel tomorrow! Sub 4 bro, no other options...no pressure or anything!

Cheers folks!
:lol:

Thanks dude. I dont need any pressure fro the outside, there is enough within myself. Hey, it is 22 at start tomorrow. At least there will be a 10 mph wind. :D

Ill post tomorrow.

popsicletrees

Ok - I didn't do it, but my husband completed a Tough Mudder in Georgia today. The weather was miserable. We've had a really mild winter down here this year, and it was 45 with a wind advisory all day. He was really glad that he competed but absolutely miserable by the end of it. I even saw several people get taken off the course after they collapsed from being so cold. I ran around all day and took pictures at as many obstacles that I could. I say all that to say that watching him run today made me wish that I was with him. So, I think we are going to sign up for a Warrior Dash in May, which won't be as long but still fun.

MKCP 1985

oh, that's awesome :D

Ok - I didn't do it, but my husband completed a Tough Mudder in Georgia today. The weather was miserable. We've had a really mild winter down here this year, and it was 45 with a wind advisory all day. He was really glad that he competed but absolutely miserable by the end of it. I even saw several people get taken off the course after they collapsed from being so cold. I ran around all day and took pictures at as many obstacles that I could. I say all that to say that watching him run today made me wish that I was with him. So, I think we are going to sign up for a Warrior Dash in May, which won't be as long but still fun.

Congrats on the Tough Mudder in arctic conditions, and go do that Warrior Dash! I am signed up for my first in April. :king:

fmingo36

Got in an hour of yoga and 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Congrats to those that completed a race this weekend!!! Love seeing the race bling!

Texas84

4+ miles this AM. 27F at the start with a nice wind. Took me two miles to warm up. 11:30 pace. Real fast for me but I always beat a 12 pace when I'm FREEZING! Sure glad I'm not doing 26.2 like Joel. :D

joel_maxwell

4+ miles this AM. 27F at the start with a nice wind. Took me two miles to warm up. 11:30 pace. Real fast for me but I always beat a 12 pace when I'm FREEZING! Sure glad I'm not doing 26.2 like Joel. :D
:lol: 22 at start, wind chill 11 degrees!

It was only cold for about 15 minutes at the start line. 2 compression shirts and a short sleeve tech shirt, tights and shorts. All black except for the shirt... like Nick and Johnny Cash. Didnt hardly sweat, but wasnt cold. Perfect.

joel_maxwell

3:54:00 official time. I was very happy. Elated. I was more proud of the condition I was in the last 10K mentally and breathing. Leg strength too. I negative split the up to 30K and even up to 20miles, and then my ITBS on outside both knees went crazy. I was so ready to unleash another 15-20 faster but I couldnt run faster than 8:30-8:45 or they would try and buckle. It was horrible pain the last 6 miles, but I stuck with it.

I stopped at 20 and stretch both IT bands and that seemed to help a little. When I passed 24 or 25, I saw 2 big men helping someone. Basically locked arms and helping them to stay up. I approached them and turned and looked, it was a 70+ year old black lady with 2 guys. She had a half bib on I think (trying to confirm) and she was looking good. Strugglin, but looking good. I put my last 10K into perspective and was just glad I got to run the last 6 instead of walking it. Wow. I waved and told her she was doing awesome. I wanted to hug her.

I love when you start feeling a little selfish, and "why couldnt I have been able to downshift into a 8 minute pace and take into the house", things like that put into perspective. Ill post her stats if I can find her.

The last 10K was still at a 8:50 pace. All in all, I cant really walk right now. My ITBS is still very irritated and sore. Ice in a bit. Rum and Coke too.

#celebration

Mercedes_2012.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3:54:00 official time. I was very happy. Elated. I was more proud of the condition I was in the last 10K mentally and breathing. Leg strength too. I negative split the up to 30K and even up to 20miles, and then my ITBS on outside both knees went crazy. I was so ready to unleash another 15-20 faster but I couldnt run faster than 8:30-8:45 or they would try and buckle. It was horrible pain the last 6 miles, but I stuck with it.

I stopped at 20 and stretch both IT bands and that seemed to help a little. When I passed 24 or 25, I saw 2 big men helping someone. Basically locked arms and helping them to stay up. I approached them and turned and looked, it was a 70+ year old black lady with 2 guys. She had a half bib on I think (trying to confirm) and she was looking good. Strugglin, but looking good. I put my last 10K into perspective and was just glad I got to run the last 6 instead of walking it. Wow. I waved and told her she was doing awesome. I wanted to hug her.

I love when you start feeling a little selfish, and "why couldnt I have been able to downshift into a 8 minute pace and take into the house", things like that put into perspective. Ill post her stats if I can find her.

The last 10K was still at a 8:50 pace. All in all, I cant really walk right now. My ITBS is still very irritated and sore. Ice in a bit. Rum and Coke too.

#celebration

View attachment 27663

Congrats Joel! Great time!

MKCP 1985

Congrats on your great race, Joel! That's fantastic!

I finished the half marathon at 2 hours, 19 minutes and 27 seconds, then headed inside for some bar-b-que and a beer. :D It was my intent to hang around for Joel's finish, but unfortunately I got warm and when I went back outside to the still near freezing temperature, it was just too cold to stay out there, so I headed back to my hotel for a hot shower and then headed home.

The finish time might have been a personal record for me. :king: (edit: it was!)

JillC LI

Thanks so much! I'm going to be passing Steve pretty soon. :lol:

Laying down the gauntlet huh?! :lol:

#celebration

View attachment 27663

YOU DID IT!!! We're so proud of you, but not as proud as you must be of yourself. I'm sorry you're in pain now, but if you're anything like me then you're wearing that pain as a badge of honor for your accomplishment. Very impressive, Joel, very impressive. Great pic - can't wait to see some more. Did Sam and girls meet you at multiple places on the course or just at the Finish Line given the cold temps?

I finished the half marathon at 2 hours, 19 minutes and 27 seconds, then headed inside for some bar-b-que and a beer. :D It was my intent to hang around for Joel's finish, but unfortunately I got warm and when I went back outside to the still near freezing temperature, it was just too cold to stay out there, so I headed back to my hotel for a hot shower and then headed home.

The finish time might have been a personal record for me. :king: (edit: it was!)

Congratulations on your PR Doug! Nothing like frigid tempoeratures to keep those legs flying, huh! LOL. I'm so glad that you had a fun and memorable race. Too bad you and Joel couldn't meet up afterwards. Next time!

MKCP 1985

Congratulations on your PR Doug! Nothing like frigid tempoeratures to keep those legs flying, huh! LOL. I'm so glad that you had a fun and memorable race. Too bad you and Joel couldn't meet up afterwards. Next time!

Thanks Jill! Yes, I missed out on meeting Joel, but I did meet this guy who pointed at my medal and wanted to swap a couple of rings for it. I told him I would swap it for three. :lol:

sabanphoto-1.jpg

joel_maxwell

Congrats Joel! Great time!
Thanks Steve.

Congrats on your great race, Joel! That's fantastic!

Totally understand. Im glad you had a great race and PR. I hoped you enjoyed some of the sites. When you got to mile 9ish, and ran past the golf course, when on that road, if you stayed straight and worked yourself back up in there, that is my neighborhood.

YOU DID IT!!! We're so proud of you, but not as proud as you must be of yourself. I'm sorry you're in pain now, but if you're anything like me then you're wearing that pain as a badge of honor for your accomplishment. Very impressive, Joel, very impressive. Great pic - can't wait to see some more. Did Sam and girls meet you at multiple places on the course or just at the Finish Line given the cold temps?
THANKS! My knees are very banged up right now. If they dont feel better by Wednesday, Ill got o our family doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong.

They just went to the finish line. Rivers is 8 months old and we didnt want her to be in that cold and wind for long. I will say this, when we were inside at the expo, the after party band was playing and she was laughing and dancing. I thought the loud music was going to bother her. NOPE. We have a party girl on our hands. :D

Thanks Jill! Yes, I missed out on meeting Joel, but I did meet this guy who pointed at my medal and wanted to swap a couple of rings for it. I told him I would swap it for three. :lol:

sabanphoto-1.jpg
That is awesome. I didnt see that stand-up or I would have gotten something funny like that too.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
When I was tracking Joel yesterday, I had no idea 'Bamma was Central Time zone! I was like, "Why the f___ hasn't he started yet??? Is it going in waves/corrals??? It took him THAT long to reach 10k?!?"

My wife said, "'Bamma isn't in CST is it?" :brick:

Yeah, we were at breakfast tracking you buddy! Congratulations again!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just over 130 miles last week with one day of rest.

22.39 miles this morning and breaking in my third pair of Hokas (a fourth is on a FedEx truck somewhere coming to my house this week :D). They actually seemed a little stiff and dense compaired to my other pairs, especially the left shoe. It's the same model and year, just a full size up from my normal, in order to leave room for my swollen and blistered feet for my March ultra.

30 miles tomorrow morning.

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

When I was tracking Joel yesterday, I had no idea 'Bamma was Central Time zone! I was like, "Why the f___ hasn't he started yet??? Is it going in waves/corrals??? It took him THAT long to reach 10k?!?"

My wife said, "'Bamma isn't in CST is it?" :brick:

Yeah, we were at breakfast tracking you buddy! Congratulations again!
Thanks again.

LOL. I loved your text from earlier explaining this. Funny.

You do this distance everyday. Much respect Nick. You are :king:

Blueliner

#celebration

View attachment 27663

Congrats, Joel! I wish I could have been out there, at least for the half.

I have taken a little break from running. I am in week 6 of the Insanity program and am playing indoor soccer once a week. I think Insanity will help me to keep better form and get my heart rate up when I start running again.

I'm hoping to get back on the road next month, maybe in time for the Statue to Statue 15K. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks again.

LOL. I loved your text from earlier explaining this. Funny.

You do this distance everyday. Much respect Nick. You are :king:

Thanks bro. I'm proud of that high mileage. Correction to my weekly milieage last week...my adding is way off. 160 miles last week with one day off. I forgot to add one day.

joel_maxwell

Congrats, Joel! I wish I could have been out there, at least for the half.

I have taken a little break from running. I am in week 6 of the Insanity program and am playing indoor soccer once a week. I think Insanity will help me to keep better form and get my heart rate up when I start running again.

I'm hoping to get back on the road next month, maybe in time for the Statue to Statue 15K. Maybe I'll see you out there.
Thanks. It was a great day for running.

Hmmm, might have to look into this. Sounds like there will be loads of glorious hills. :D

Thanks bro. I'm proud of that high mileage. Correction to my weekly milieage last week...my adding is way off. 160 miles last week with one day off. I forgot to add one day.
You know, if we miss a day, you wouldnt notice. Nick misses a day, it is some peoples weekly total. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom