What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks. It was a great day for running.

Hmmm, might have to look into this. Sounds like there will be loads of glorious hills. :D

You know, if we miss a day, you wouldnt notice. Nick misses a day, it is some peoples weekly total. :lol:

Good one! Yeah thats a weekly record high for me.

JillC LI

When I was tracking Joel yesterday, I had no idea 'Bamma was Central Time zone! I was like, "Why the f___ hasn't he started yet??? Is it going in waves/corrals??? It took him THAT long to reach 10k?!?"

My wife said, "'Bamma isn't in CST is it?" :brick:

Yeah, we were at breakfast tracking you buddy! Congratulations again!

That's hysterical!

You do this distance everyday. Much respect Nick. You are :king:

That does put things in perspective. We have to train months to do what he does daily and then some. 160 miles last week, are you kidding me?! Hats off.

You know, if we miss a day, you wouldnt notice. Nick misses a day, it is some peoples weekly total. :lol:

So true.
Joel, I hope those knees are feeling better today.

4.5 miles last night on the treadmill. It felt really easy and the time went quickly, thankfully.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
That's hysterical!

That does put things in perspective. We have to train months to do what he does daily and then some. 160 miles last week, are you kidding me?! Hats off.

So true.
Joel, I hope those knees are feeling better today.

4.5 miles last night on the treadmill. It felt really easy and the time went quickly, thankfully.

Thanks Jill. I really punched it last week. Trying my hardest to endure as much pain as I can without injury, for my race next month.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
23.27 miles this morning. I'll be kicking up the mileage again and hopefully a 50 miler on Friday.

Anyway, most of you know I'm a gear junkie and I'm really picky about my set-up. I've been using a RIBZ vest in tandem with my Raidlight pack for about a year now, every freaking day. I've also been assisting the RIBZ company with new designs for ultra-distances and testing out the prototypes (the vest was meant for backpacking, trekking, etc...but I approached them about ultrarunning, and we've been working together since last summer). So, if you go to ribzwear.com and click on "Gallery" and scroll through the pics, you might see someone you recognize...:D
My profile/team page will be active on the site in a few weeks as well.

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Still recovering. Supposedly the last day of no running and light 2 miles tomorrow. I just dont think that is going to happen. Everything feels 80-90%, but my left outside knee (ITBS area) is still on fire. I have worked my roller on that leg for 3 days and stretched like crazy, Advil helps, but I dont like masking the pain, so today at 1pm, im heading to our family doctor to ensure i didnt tear my ligament. :mad:

Very nervous that something bad is wrong. I hope she says it is just really inflamed and a heavy anti-inflammatory will do the trick. fingers crossed.

MKCP 1985

Good luck with your knee, Joel!

I'm headed back to the treadmill tonight as well. The next race on the schedule is Little Rock Half Marathon, the first weekend in March. I was registered to run the full, but had to drop down to 1/2 when some medical issues raised their ugly heads back in December and January.

My doctor has limited me to no more than 13.1 miles in running. Maybe that will change in the future, but for now I just have to be happy with running halfs and shorter. Hey, that new Disney race is a 10 miler! :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
X2 Core yesterday.....going to try and get Plyocide in sometime today. I have the Princess 1/2 Marathon next weekend, which coincides at the end of a scheduled rest week from P90x2.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
X2 Ploy done...it has almost perfect pacing, so that you don't really get super tired out right until the end.

You will get out of it exactly what you put into it. If you go hard, you feel the burn.Horton does a good job of moving which muscles are working with each exercise so that they get a bit of a rest between their active periods.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Still recovering. Supposedly the last day of no running and light 2 miles tomorrow. I just dont think that is going to happen. Everything feels 80-90%, but my left outside knee (ITBS area) is still on fire. I have worked my roller on that leg for 3 days and stretched like crazy, Advil helps, but I dont like masking the pain, so today at 1pm, im heading to our family doctor to ensure i didnt tear my ligament. :mad:

Very nervous that something bad is wrong. I hope she says it is just really inflamed and a heavy anti-inflammatory will do the trick. fingers crossed.

How's it go Joel? Hope all is well.

Texas84

Good luck with the knee Joel. I messed mine up weeks before the Marathon during a 14-miler and wore a soft Nike knee brace just in case. Knee did great.

My usual weekday 3-miler this AM. I startled a woman getting into her car. She didn't see me in the dark. Then she gunned it out of the driveway and passed real close to me, stepping on the gas. Guess I ruined her day. :confused:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
good luck with the knee joel. I messed mine up weeks before the marathon during a 14-miler and wore a soft nike knee brace just in case. Knee did great.

My usual weekday 3-miler this am. I startled a woman getting into her car. She didn't see me in the dark. Then she gunned it out of the driveway and passed real close to me, stepping on the gas. Guess i ruined her day. :confused:

:roflol:

joel_maxwell

How's it go Joel? Hope all is well.
see below

Good luck with the knee Joel. I messed mine up weeks before the Marathon during a 14-miler and wore a soft Nike knee brace just in case. Knee did great.
I went to the doctor yesterday. No tear. Just bad swelling. Bad swelling. It is right on the side of the knee on that bone. Makes sense. Glad I confirmed that. Im on a anti-inflammatory right now for 2 weeks. After 1 dose, it feels better.

Question to all: I ran 26.2 Sunday. Hal Higdon recommended that I rest until today. Today he says run an easy 2 miles. After that, he had a recovery schedule. I was going to ease (before this knee issue) back into a 9 week schedule for Nashville marathon. How long do you think I can sit idel without losing any of my endurance/strength? I know my body needed some rest after Sunday, but im starting to get antsy. Bad.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
see below

I went to the doctor yesterday. No tear. Just bad swelling. Bad swelling. It is right on the side of the knee on that bone. Makes sense. Glad I confirmed that. Im on a anti-inflammatory right now for 2 weeks. After 1 dose, it feels better.

Question to all: I ran 26.2 Sunday. Hal Higdon recommended that I rest until today. Today he says run an easy 2 miles. After that, he had a recovery schedule. I was going to ease (before this knee issue) back into a 9 week schedule for Nashville marathon. How long do you think I can sit idel without losing any of my endurance/strength? I know my body needed some rest after Sunday, but im starting to get antsy. Bad.

Glad to hear it isn't anything serious.
I've had 2 weeks out with no impact on endurance/speed. In fact, I think the break actually did me some good.

joel_maxwell

Glad to hear it isn't anything serious.
I've had 2 weeks out with no impact on endurance/speed. In fact, I think the break actually did me some good.
I was planning on taking this whole week off anyway. My mild OCD starts kicking in when I get knocked off my "routine" :lol:

I would like to hear others thoughts too. That will help me take it easy and not get out there too fast. I do recall last year when I had to sit for 2 weeks like you Steve with that heel injury. I came back race week and ran the taper schedule for that week and then set a new PR in the half. Funny how that works.

fmingo36

23.27 miles this morning. I'll be kicking up the mileage again and hopefully a 50 miler on Friday.

Anyway, most of you know I'm a gear junkie and I'm really picky about my set-up. I've been using a RIBZ vest in tandem with my Raidlight pack for about a year now, every freaking day. I've also been assisting the RIBZ company with new designs for ultra-distances and testing out the prototypes (the vest was meant for backpacking, trekking, etc...but I approached them about ultrarunning, and we've been working together since last summer). So, if you go to ribzwear.com and click on "Gallery" and scroll through the pics, you might see someone you recognize...:D
My profile/team page will be active on the site in a few weeks as well.

Cheers folks!

Very Cool!

So when people ask for your autograph do you sign it..."The Machine"? :lol:
Now that the craziness of the holidays are over, we need to pick a night and meet up for dinner. I want to see your medals and pix from the Goofy Challenge!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom