What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Only 23.25 this morning. Not enough time to get in the 30 miler I had planned. Tomorrow seems better to get that mileage in.
Lots of news to update everyone on...

Cheers folks!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Another PR for me today by 50 seconds! 5:17 miles in 42:59, 8:19 average pace. :sohappy:

Joel- Have a great race this weekend! You're gonna kill it! :D

MKCP 1985

Yes, good luck Joel! :wave:

My voice is for those who are not going to win any finisher awards but whose victory is in simply training, registering and completing the race. You can follow my progress in the half marathon on Sunday here: http://tadpole.textingforward.com/mercedes/ My bib number is 1960. :king:

I run for those who can't.
That doesn't mean I run fast.
or run well.
or even run the whole way.
But I run.
I am a finisher.
:D

Eeyore

Premium Member

My voice is for those who are not going to win any finisher awards but whose victory is in simply training, registering and completing the race. You can follow my progress in the half marathon on Sunday here: http://tadpole.textingforward.com/mercedes/ My bib number is 1960. :king:

or run well.
But I run.
I am a finisher.

Good luck! :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good luck for the weekend Joel!! Hope you have a great run!
Thanks Steve. It should b a fun day.

or run well.
But I run.
I am a finisher.

*what he said*

I run for my health
I run to accomplish goals
I run to make myself proud

Good luck Doug!

I always refer to races as "events" and not "races" since I will never win one.

JillC LI

7.03am. Jill, if you are interested, you can track me. Bib #634 at this link: http://www.mercedesmarathon.com/participant-tracking.php#b=na&v=ptrack

Weather is going to be great. 27 at start and probably mid 40's at finish.

I must whip its _ss!

And so you shall whip it! I'll be helping out the kids at Religious School Sunday until noon, but I shall try to get online to see how you aced it later in the day. I'm sure it will be really nice to have your family at the finish line.

Only 23.25 this morning. Not enough time to get in the 30 miler I had planned. Tomorrow seems better to get that mileage in.
Lots of news to update everyone on...
Cheers folks!

We're waiting!

Another PR for me today by 50 seconds! 5:17 miles in 42:59, 8:19 average pace. :sohappy:

Amazing. You're really killing it!

or run well.
But I run.
I am a finisher.

Love it Doug. From one fellow "Finisher" to another, have a terrific race and I hope you get everything you want out of it.

As for me, another 4 miles on the TM this morning. It was a recovery run and boy did I feel sluggish and lethargic. Hate those runs where your legs feel like lead. They're just not fun. But I finished it. :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I did total body today too. I'm on my second week of X2. I'm liking it so far, except for ab ripper.

I like Ab-Ripper. I got frustrated with the first one because I felt it was too rapid-fire. The new one seems more focused and in control of each movement.

"Ab Ripper...I hate it....but I LOVE it!"

joel_maxwell

And so you shall whip it! I'll be helping out the kids at Religious School Sunday until noon, but I shall try to get online to see how you aced it later in the day. I'm sure it will be really nice to have your family at the finish line.
Thanks Jill. Have a great Sunday with your obligations.

I like Ab-Ripper. I got frustrated with the first one because I felt it was too rapid-fire. The new one seems more focused and in control of each movement.

I heard that line so many times. :lol:

Eeyore

Premium Member

I think the more focused exercises is exactly why I dislike it so much. Less momentum and fewer opportunities to cheat (even if its unintentional) lol It doesn't matter how much ab work I do it never gets any easier!

Amazing. You're really killing it!

Thanks so much! I'm going to be passing Steve pretty soon. :lol:

MKCP 1985

Thanks for the well wishes. Some people have said to me they are intimidated by the awesome runners in this forum so they don't post or don't post often. I just try to show you don't have to be a champion runner to participate here, that all are welcome regardless of skill or pace.

Your responses prove that truth. :D

And Disney running is the greatest place ever for first timers doing distance runs. My first long race (2008 Tower of Terror 13K), half marathon (2009) full marathon (2010) and goofy (2011) were at Disney. In fact, when I ran each of these races, finishing the race equalled the longest I had ever run at one time at that point in my life. :lol: Goofy 2011 represented the longest I had ever run over the course of two consecutive days (and still does!)

joel_maxwell

Thanks for the well wishes. Some people have said to me they are intimidated by the awesome runners in this forum so they don't post or don't post often. I just try to show you don't have to be a champion runner to participate here, that all are welcome regardless of skill or pace.

And Disney running is the greatest place ever for first timers doing distance runs. My first long race (2008 Tower of Terror 13K), half marathon (2009) full marathon (2010) and goofy (2011) were at Disney. In fact, when I ran each of these races, finishing the race equalled the longest I had ever run at one time at that point in my life. :lol: Goofy 2011 represented the longest I had ever run over the course of two consecutive days (and still does!)
We were all starters at one point. I reflect often on that it was only 2 years ago I was elated that I ran 2 miles with a 9 minute average.

It is all about personal goals. 5K or 50 Miles. We are all winners for getting off the couch and running.

Eeyore

Premium Member

We were all starters at one point. I reflect often on that it was only 2 years ago I was elated that I ran 2 miles with a 9 minute average.

It is all about personal goals. 5K or 50 Miles. We are all winners for getting off the couch and running.

Exactly, all that matters is that we get out there and run (no matter how far or how fast). Steve and I have been running for about a year and a half now and the support and encouragement that I get here has been a big factor in my desire to push myself to set and reach new goals. Running isn't easy and anybody who ties on a pair of sneakers and gets out the door has nothing but respect from me. I hope we'll hear more from the reluctant posters in the future! I know we'd all love to cheer them on in whatever their goals are! :wave:

Texas84

or run well.
But I run.
I am a finisher.
Also a finisher. I'm thrilled with a sub-12 minute pace. :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The thing about this group is that we come from all walks of life, from all over the globe, and have different goals. I'm not the fastest guy on here (by far), but I get that same sense of pride from finishing a race as anybody on here.

Everybody can feel free to post. What you will find, especially if you go down for January Marathon Weekend, is that the running community is one of the best athletic communities anywhere.

We welcome everybody....because we all run. And that binds us.

joel_maxwell

Also a finisher. I'm thrilled with a sub-12 minute pace. :D
As you should be. Im sure when you get that down to a 11:30, you will post it and we will be excited along with you.

Exactly, all that matters is that we get out there and run (no matter how far or how fast). Steve and I have been running for about a year and a half now and the support and encouragement that I get here has been a big factor in my desire to push myself to set and reach new goals. Running isn't easy and anybody who ties on a pair of sneakers and gets out the door has nothing but respect from me. I hope we'll hear more from the reluctant posters in the future! I know we'd all love to cheer them on in whatever their goals are! :wave:
Amen sister.

The thing about this group is that we come from all walks of life, from all over the globe, and have different goals. I'm not the fastest guy on here (by far), but I get that same sense of pride from finishing a race as anybody on here.

Everybody can feel free to post. What you will find, especially if you go down for January Marathon Weekend, is that the running community is one of the best athletic communities anywhere.

We welcome everybody....because we all run. And that binds us.
It would be quite boring in here if we all did the same thing... ran the same and participated in all the same events. I love seeing the diversity of events from across the nation (and other countries). I really cant wait to get to meet all of you one day at the Disney event in January. Im really trying to make 2013 work out financially.

With that said, Ill try and get Sam to remember to the camera to get some pics of or big event to share on Sunday afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom