What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Nice mileage as usual.

You better patent that design before Garmin gets a hold of it. I have seen it visually and it is very nice.

I'm sure they have already thought about it and have made prototypes as well. At least I can say I made mine and didn't get sucked into a marketing gimmick! Going to try and make a solar version for the summer...

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
That says a lot about how far you are going when you need a secondary power supply for the 305! :sohappy:

No kidding! My 305 bums out at around 8-9 hours of straight running and I always switched to a different watch. But now I can keep all of my numbers and data on one unit as long as I keep changing out the AA lithium batteries, but so far i've only had to use one set!

JillC LI

22.11 miles this morning. Ankles are feeling better, and it was a great and relaxed run.

I reconfigured my battery back-up set for my 305 so the battery case is off my arm and in a weather-proof pouch attached to the left upper shoulder strap of my back. The cord runs down the left arm, secured with a velcro strap, and into the 305. I even attached a small water-proof cap for the input plug when not in use :D

30+ miles tomorrow.

Cheers folks!

You better patent that design before Garmin gets a hold of it. I have seen it visually and it is very nice.

I said the same thing, and I mean it. As an attorney myself, and having a patent attorney for a father, I really suggest you talk to someone about your design. It could make you some big bucks. Then you could run all day and never have to work! :D

3 miles yesterday on lunch and 4 miles this am at a 9:20 pace.

I already have major butterflies about Sunday. Wow, they came way to early this time. I think it is all the anticipation of the attempt to prove a sub 4 hour. I want to be in that club. :D

You're gonna do great Joel. We all have faith, even if you don't.

As for me, 4 miles on Treadmill this morning. Speedwork - half mile reps at 8:35 min. Even though I'm not training for anything these days, I plan to keep up with one day of speed work each week.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I said the same thing, and I mean it. As an attorney myself, and having a patent attorney for a father, I really suggest you talk to someone about your design. It could make you some big bucks. Then you could run all day and never have to work! :D
Im glad you are saying it too. Wouldn't we all like some more financial freedom.

You're gonna do great Joel. We all have faith, even if you don't.
Thanks Jill. I know I can do it too, I just hope all the stars align correctly Sunday and I have a good day (feeling good, all my nutrition works right, my legs hold up). It wouldn't be all that bad if a lot of family wants to come etc.

As for me, 4 miles on Treadmill this morning. Speedwork - half mile reps at 8:35 min. Even though I'm not training for anything these days, I plan to keep up with one day of speed work each week.
Good for you. If you are at a certain level and use to it, stick with it. We all hate to lose what we gained.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I said the same thing, and I mean it. As an attorney myself, and having a patent attorney for a father, I really suggest you talk to someone about your design. It could make you some big bucks. Then you could run all day and never have to work! :DQUOTE]

Hmmm...thanks Jill. I'm intrigued now. Can you perhaps point me in the right direction? PM me whenever you get a chance, I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, brilliant inventions aside: just under 30 miles this morning. I wanted to go further, but alas, time doesn't last forever, and I had to get things done. Unless...I do make multi-millions on my idea and I can run 100 milers everyday!:sohappy:

BTW, for those interested, come and join the laid-back ultrarunning discussion over at http://ibuforums.proboards.com
You don't have to register or login to read posts or find out about how to join my little ultra-group, the IBUs, and run the "official" IBU 50 miler this April (results to be published in UltraRunning Magazine...).

Cheers folks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No kidding! My 305 bums out at around 8-9 hours of straight running and I always switched to a different watch. But now I can keep all of my numbers and data on one unit as long as I keep changing out the AA lithium batteries, but so far i've only had to use one set!

Very cool. My only concern with your product idea is how many people can actually run for over 8 hours to actually need it!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Got home from work and did X2 Plyocide tonight....wondering what 2 P90pX2 workouts in one day will do to my body tomorrow..

joel_maxwell

Very cool. My only concern with your product idea is how many people can actually run for over 8 hours to actually need it!
I wonder if people that are training for Ironman's have training long days where they go from swimming, to biking to running? I've never seen their schedules.

JillC LI

Hmmm...thanks Jill. I'm intrigued now. Can you perhaps point me in the right direction? PM me whenever you get a chance, I would really appreciate it.

I just PM'd you.

I wonder if people that are training for Ironman's have training long days where they go from swimming, to biking to running? I've never seen their schedules.

I think it's called a brick when you do two events back to back in your training. Any triatheles here that can confirm this?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 30 miles this morning. Legs are feeling good *knock on wood*

Another 30 miles tomorrow morning. Stone IPA now.

Cheers folks!

fmingo36

3.5 miles and 1/2 hour core work out.
Just can't seem to get my workout schedule back on track. My calendar is just crazy (house showings, kid's school events, dance classes, doctor appts., etc.). CALGON take me away! :lol:

Texas84

I'm in Atlanta for meetings and found time to do 4 miles on the Silver Comet Trail. 2 miles uphill, 2 miles downhill. Awesome trail.

joel_maxwell

I enjoyed talking to Nick on email today about some logistics of my belt modifications and my race bib. Supposedly, the D-tag is on the back of the bib (Finally the Mercedes caught up with the Jones) and they sent out a message saying your bib had to be higher than you waist. Seriously? So, we go from a tag on your shoe that was a few inches off the ground and worked to saying that your bib has to be higher than your waist. I can understand if it has to do with the timing strip and the magnetic field (now being higher), but come on. Im putting mine on my newly modified water belt and not giving in to the "pins" on the shirt.

Lastly, I am really looking forward to seeing MKCP_1985 (Doug) this weekend at the event. We have met before and i will enjoy drinking a beer with him afterwards. I promise a pic.

3 miles tomorrow
2 miles Friday
rest Saturday.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
X2 Total Body today. My balance seems to be improving a bit, as the 1/2 Chair Curls didn't make me want to fall over immediately.

I can also feel my drive and endurance rising....last time I did this routine, I was wasted halfway through. I finished today with good energy, and felt great afterward.

JillC LI

3.5 miles and 1/2 hour core work out.
Just can't seem to get my workout schedule back on track. My calendar is just crazy (house showings, kid's school events, dance classes, doctor appts., etc.). CALGON take me away! :lol:

Sounds like you're doing just fine with your workouts. Hang in there!

Joel, what time does your marathon start on Sunday?

As for me, I plan to do 7 miles outdoors later today while the kids are at their various activities. Weather is lovely in the 40s.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
X2 Total Body today. My balance seems to be improving a bit, as the 1/2 Chair Curls didn't make me want to fall over immediately.

I can also feel my drive and endurance rising....last time I did this routine, I was wasted halfway through. I finished today with good energy, and felt great afterward.

I did total body today too. I'm on my second week of X2. I'm liking it so far, except for ab ripper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom