What did you do?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
This morning I beat my previous PR from last Friday by almost a minute! 5.16 miles in 43:49, average pace 8:29 :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks! :D I was so excited. I was so happy with last Fridays time and never imagined that I would beat it by almost a minute just one week later. Now to shave off those extra few seconds!
I saw a runner once get so mad when his shoe came untied and he had to stop to tie it (we wont beat him up for not double knotting) and I always was thinking, "Ease up buddy, it is only 10 seconds"

Now I know why he was mad and can empathize.

JillC LI

This morning I beat my previous PR from last Friday by almost a minute! 5.16 miles in 43:49, average pace 8:29 :sohappy:

Way to go!!!!

And Joel, trust the taper - it will serve you well. If you REALLY want to ensure that you keep a moderate pace the first half, stick with a pacing group until the half way point, and then do your own thing from there.

joel_maxwell

Way to go!!!!

And Joel, trust the taper - it will serve you well. If you REALLY want to ensure that you keep a moderate pace the first half, stick with a pacing group until the half way point, and then do your own thing from there.
Im not sure of this one has significant pacing groups. It is Birmingham after all. :lol:

I do have my own pacing group... my trusty Garmin.

Note: However, we all know that technology can fail us when us humans do stupid things. So, I hope there are pace groups in the event my watch dies or something isnt working race morning.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.66 miles this morning. Ankles were hurting early on from running 10 miles on the beach a few days ago. They eased up around mile 4-5 and starting hurting again around mile 14.

Dunked my feet in a bucket of water with two bags of ice...:hurl: holy crap, that hurt.

30+ miles tomorrow.

Joel - tapering S U C K S big time. Just try and roll with it buddy.

BTW, if anyone is interested in ultrarunning or wants to join in some ultra discussion, or even want to join my IBU group by running the IBU 50 miler, I started a forum with a bunch of local (NJ) ultra folks.

ibuforums.proboards.com

Aloha and cheers!

joel_maxwell

20.66 miles this morning. Ankles were hurting early on from running 10 miles on the beach a few days ago. They eased up around mile 4-5 and starting hurting again around mile 14.

Dunked my feet in a bucket of water with two bags of ice...:hurl: holy crap, that hurt.

30+ miles tomorrow.

Joel - tapering S U C K S big time. Just try and roll with it buddy.

BTW, if anyone is interested in ultrarunning or wants to join in some ultra discussion, or even want to join my IBU group by running the IBU 50 miler, I started a forum with a bunch of local (NJ) ultra folks.

ibuforums.proboards.com

Aloha and cheers!
8 miles this am. last of the long runs and I did my normal super hill route.

It is funny how mentally I only get geared up for the task at hand (8 miles, 16 miles or 21 miles). Today, I was reminded about how much I hate the taper since when I was running that 8 miles I pondered on how I was going to run 26 next weekend. I wasnt mentally ready this morning for that obviously... next weekend I will be. :D

fmingo36

An hour of yoga this morning and the spent the rest of the day preparing for the Superbowl....LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!:sohappy:

JillC LI

An hour of yoga this morning and the spent the rest of the day preparing for the Superbowl....LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!:sohappy:

My Jets-loving, anti-Giants, and hence pro-Patriots hubby and son were rooting along with you last night. Alas, no such luck.

As for me, really nice 8 mile run on Saturday, about 45 degrees out with no wind, and I felt really strong. Sunday I did 12.6 miles on the stationary bike during the second quarter of the Superbowl (in between eating homemade guacamole with the family and baking Toll House Cookies with my daughter! LOL).

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I spent the morning fixing our princess half marathon registration.

Somewhere between Active and Disney, both of our registrations got moved to her name. She was registered twice, and I wasn't at all.

After waiting for 1/2 hr on hold, getting disconnected, waiting another 1/2 hour, Active told me it was Disney's problem. They gave me a number for RunDisney, who had it fixed in about 3 minutes.

joel_maxwell

My Jets-loving, anti-Giants, and hence pro-Patriots hubby and son were rooting along with you last night. Alas, no such luck.

As for me, really nice 8 mile run on Saturday, about 45 degrees out with no wind, and I felt really strong. Sunday I did 12.6 miles on the stationary bike during the second quarter of the Superbowl (in between eating homemade guacamole with the family and baking Toll House Cookies with my daughter! LOL).
Nice weekend workout.

3 miles today. Wonderful weather. Getting mentally ready for Sunday.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22.11 miles this morning. Ankles are feeling better, and it was a great and relaxed run.

I reconfigured my battery back-up set for my 305 so the battery case is off my arm and in a weather-proof pouch attached to the left upper shoulder strap of my back. The cord runs down the left arm, secured with a velcro strap, and into the 305. I even attached a small water-proof cap for the input plug when not in use :D

30+ miles tomorrow.

Cheers folks!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
22.11 miles this morning. Ankles are feeling better, and it was a great and relaxed run.

I reconfigured my battery back-up set-up for my 305 so the battery case is off my arm and in a weather-proof pouch attached to the left upper shoulder strap of my back. The cord runs down the left arm, secured with a velcro strap, and into the 305. I even attached a small water-proof cap for the input plug when not in use :D

30+ miles tomorrow.

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

I reconfigured my battery back-up set-up for my 305 so the battery case is off my arm and in a weather-proof pouch attached to the left upper shoulder strap of my back. The cord runs down the left arm, secured with a velcro strap, and into the 305. I even attached a small water-proof cap for the input plug when not in use :D

30+ miles tomorrow.

Cheers folks!
Nice mileage as usual.

You better patent that design before Garmin gets a hold of it. I have seen it visually and it is very nice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

30+ miles tomorrow.

Cheers folks!

That says a lot about how far you are going when you need a secondary power supply for the 305! :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

3 miles yesterday on lunch and 4 miles this am at a 9:20 pace.

I already have major butterflies about Sunday. Wow, they came way to early this time. I think it is all the anticipation of the attempt to prove a sub 4 hour. I want to be in that club. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom