What are you reading?

yankspy

It's not so much keeping up (although it can make for interesting conversation) as much as reading books that I wouldn't ordinarily be interested in reading. I found that several that my daughter had to read were quite interesting. I also like to steer him towards other books that might have a valid counterpoint, so he can make his own decisions.
Yep. Shelby Foote's version of the Civil War tends to be a little different than James McPherson's. Let me know if you want any suggestions for books. I was a History major and it is sort my semi-profession as well.

The Mom

Premium Member
Sounds good...I'll have to give it a try.

Good book, and GREAT classes!:D

AP US is an amazing course.:D Is he taking full year or half?

Full year for both, with a lot of writing. The English class parallels the History class, so right now he's reading The Scarlet Letter in one, and essays by the founding fathers in the other. He opted to drop Latin, as that would have been a third AP course, along with two honors math & science courses. So he's taking Spanish 1 with all of the 8th graders. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Full year for both, with a lot of writing. The English class parallels the History class, so right now he's reading The Scarlet Letter in one, and essays by the founding fathers in the other. He opted to drop Latin, as that would have been a third AP course, along with two honors math & science courses. So he's taking Spanish 1 with all of the 8th graders. :lol:

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

They added that option after I took the course and it looked so fascinating.

The Scarlet Letter is horrid, though.:lookaroun I think that is the only book that I had to buy and USE the cliff notes for.:dazzle:

And I did the same thing for Spanish!:lol:....Ended up working well. They give a smaller workload for a "younger" class. It was much easier to balance my AP classes that way.

sueuk

I'm reading the Inspector Lestrade novels by M.J.Trow, my husband has been telling me about them for ages so I'm giving them a try.

Ilovewishes

I've recently finished all of the Gregory Maguire books. He's the guy who wrote Wicked and he's great if you want a different take on all of the fairy tales! Mirror Mirror is the flip side of Snow White and Confessions of an Ugle Stepsister is Cinderella! Really makes me look at the movies in a whole different light!

Now waiting not so patiently to see if he does another...

heartodisney

Just finished "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Walt Disney World", try to finish the lastest edition of "Celebration" mag, any and all of Dark Horse comic books on Star Wars universe..and needing to go to book store for latest editon of the Dune edition and also try to order "101 Things You Never Knew about Walt Disney World: An Unauthorized Look at Tibutes, Little Touches and Inside Jokes", I also need "The Walt Disney Trivia Book: Volume 1"..already have 2. :lol:

Erika

I have that, but never got beyond the first couple of chapters. I'll have to pick it back up again. I got busy and pregnant and stuff and sort of forgot all about it :eek:

Wow... I never did get back to that, but I did have another baby :ROFLOL:

Number_6

So just for fun, I decided to go to the forums for The Daily Show and found that they have a "Guest Suggestions" section. I ended up suggesting the author of the book I just finished. She saw the link I posted on Facebook and has said she would love to do it. Anyone that wants to help try to get her on the show, please go to the forums and post that you would like to see her on: http://forum.thedailyshow.com/tds/board/message?board.id=guest-suggestions&thread.id=3086

As for what I'm reading now, I haven't decided what I want to read next yet. I have a bunch of books here that I haven't finished, but then there are a bunch that are in stores that I want to read as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom