What are you reading?

elizs77

Original Poster
I love to read, but with two kids, I don't get to read as much as I like. So when I can read, I want to read something good.

So what are you reading right now?

I just finished The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory. I'm now reading Eric Clapton's autobiography.

bdevil4

I love to read too, and I tend to read/re-read multiple books at once. I am currently reading The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol and Oliver Twist. I am re-reading The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly and The Secret Garden (a childhood favorite!).

rhine_paul

Im currently reading The Last Ivory Hunter, The Saga of Wally Johnson by Peter Hathaway Capstick. Im a HUGE reader, and I have to say this book is probably the most entertaining book I have read in my life.

JimboJones123

I can't wait til June when the Countdown TPBs from DC start rolling out. I hate being this much out of the loop. Til then, I'm going to tackle Legacy of the Force again. The first had me bored to tears twice already.

Duchesse

Without hesitation I highly recommend the series of books by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child which focus on FBI Agent Pendergast (not all of them do). They are excellent! You first meet the main character in Relic and Reliquary. But then, things really begin to heat up in Cabinet of Curiousities. Really great, can't-put-it down reading....

Ilovewishes

I've just started The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney, but I have a couple of books that I'm always halfway through and can pick up where I left off even a year later. They are some of my faves - The Phantom by Susan Kay, The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice and Marley & Me by John Grogan (which is being made into a film with Owen Wilson!:sohappy:)

k.hunter30

I am a part of my school's Book Club, and we are currently reading "Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut.
Freddy, I really enjoyed that book actually. It's definitely one that you get more from when accompanied by a study or group discussion. I remember the margins of my copy of that book were full!

I'm finishing up Rhett Butler's People. (I think I already mentioned that in the original book thread, just a week or so ago.) It's good. Not great, but good.

elizs77

Original Poster
Anyone read Antonia Fraser's book on Marie Antoinette? I think that might be my next one. I'm on a historical kick.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The 8th in the "Rebus" series of crime fiction - Black & Blue, written by Scots crime writer Ian Rankin. It features the main character of Edinburgh based detective Rebus.

The character now features in TV drama.

MouseMadness

I love to read, but with two kids, I don't get to read as much as I like. So when I can read, I want to read something good.

So what are you reading right now?

I just finished The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory. I'm now reading Eric Clapton's autobiography.

I read that one... and her others. Delightfully, historically... trashy! :ROFLOL: *thumbs*

Now I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth... somebody :lookaroun :eek:

I dunno, it's a pretty good book, but it's losing me. :eek:

LuLaSue

I have read most of the Phillipa Gregory books, they are wonderfully entertaining. I am now reading the Six Wives of Henry the VIII by Alison Weir and am enjoying it very much. I seem to have an affection for this period.

Ceridwen

I'm reading a book called Letters to a Young Teacher by Jonathan Kozol (class text).

And for fun I'm reading Shopgirl by Steve Martin

Both are turning out to be good books.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom