WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Taken before the ME bus picked me up for the airport to come home.
l_d8c0e852e0b1a2d459c89bbe37b49b56.jpg

kcw

So i had always been wondering what that sign looked like when it had Ariel on it. Then I went to DHS today (saturday) and to my surprise:

When did this happen?

I think it was sometime between July 12th and the 20th- on the 12th she was still gone, and when I was back on the 20th she had returned.... Does anyone else think she looks way too sunburned??

Yes, I just quoted my own picture--- so I go to FL, snap this picture and think "wow, I'm surprised I've never seen this before on the pic of day thread", come home and post it before I catch up on all the pages I missed..... and just in the month that I was gone, I swear 4 or 5 different people post this same shot!!! :lol:

But for today here's Italy

Disney257.jpg

WDWFigment

I have to give a lot of credit to the 5D, there is an almost complete lack of noise through 800. At 1600 there is still very little noise however if the exposure is off, some noise will start to rear its ugly head. At 3200 there is noise but it is pretty controlled provided the exposure is good.

I have heard / read that Nikon has made giant strides with the D300 / D700 and D3 on noise levels. Joe, curious to know your thoughts on the D300.

I have never used Noise Ninja but I hear very good things about it - at some point I need to check it out. I am not a fan of the built in CS3 noise reduction. For film I am fan of despecle and for digital I like surface blur.

The D300 - although I haven't had a ton of experience with it yet - seems to be in line with how you describe the 5D. I really like the in camera noise reduction (it seems to do a better job than I can do) but it only applies to .jpeg. I like to shoot in RAW for better white balance, highlights and shadows control. So I resort to my own methods of NR, which currently is a combination of Noise Ninja (mostly for color noise) and Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, which has a few different methods. So far I haven't found anything that works great. I need to do some research on this surface blur thing you talk about, Jeff...

Sorry for getting off topic guys.

Here's mine for today:

A salute to all countries, but mostly America...

Joe, another great picture. Have you taken any WDW pictures with the D300 yet (I haven't checked out your Flickr page lately, so forgive me if the answer to this is readily available there...)? I'd love to make the jump to it, but I just got the D40 this summer, and I already spent a lot on the 18-200 VR, so I've been told I have to wait at least another year until I upgrade again. Rats.

I've used surface blur before, and it definitely pales in comparison to Noise Ninja. Surface blur just separates color channels and corrects based on those. Noise Ninja, even at it's defaults, does more by also measuring spots in the photo itself. The big difference though, is that surface blur is free!

Azerin

Glad you're back :wave: Nice pic of tomorrowland. Then on my second viewing I noticed Dan's Peter Pan hat on the very bottom. :D :lookaroun

Today was my CP Graduation Picnic, so we got our Mickey ears and went to Magic Kingdom to get our names embroidered on them (for free BTW)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raxip/2737431682/

Thank you :D Yeah... Dan and his hat are in a few pictures from our trip :p It was funny... he kept finding pictures that he was in that he had no idea I had taken them LOL

Congrats on graduating... although I know that means you have to leave soon :( *comfort*

Azerin - very nice Tomorrowland shot in post 2394.

Thank you! That zoom shot from Epcot is amazing! might be down there in december and will definitely have to try that if I am.

Here is my picture for today :)

Clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page where lots of other pictures from the Star Wars motorcade are available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom