WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandtrumpet

DSC_0109.jpg

jeffb

Thanks Jeff... Oh, and I need to take a lesson from you in PP NR. Your noise reduction technique is second to none IMO. I just looked at your exif data on your Safari pic, and can't believe it's ISO1600. Somehow you managed to save the detail while entirely eliminating the noise, something that I haven't quite seemed to master.

I was under the impression that the 5D performed really well at ISO 1600 and beyond. That new D300 you have is light years better than the D40, right? The only PP NR I've ever used that's any good is Noise Ninja, and even it results in some reduction in sharpness. I was always under the impression that one of the main benefits of a more expensive body was higher ISO capability (especially with Canon, which has been ahead of the curve compared to Nikon--excepting the D300 and above) :shrug:

I have to give a lot of credit to the 5D, there is an almost complete lack of noise through 800. At 1600 there is still very little noise however if the exposure is off, some noise will start to rear its ugly head. At 3200 there is noise but it is pretty controlled provided the exposure is good.

I have heard / read that Nikon has made giant strides with the D300 / D700 and D3 on noise levels. Joe, curious to know your thoughts on the D300.

I have never used Noise Ninja but I hear very good things about it - at some point I need to check it out. I am not a fan of the built in CS3 noise reduction. For film I am fan of despecle and for digital I like surface blur.

jeffb

Disneyfalcon - thank you for the compliment.

Brian - great composition in post 2434 - where is this?

keeKee - great shot of the World of Motion (I know test track). From that angle with the Odyssey next to it (and the yellow + white umbrellas) the pciture has an EPCOT Center feel to it.

Here is my post today (the wine basket at the Kona Cafe)

2733600467_fb642102d2_b.jpg

BSikor

Ya gotta tell us where the pics were taken! :lol:

Sorry. Forgot this wasn't where in the world. Taken from inside the round host counter in front of V&A and Citricos at The Grand Floridian. There is this large golden medallion above.

And today's needs no explanation.

2740730655_22e1f55ed6_b.jpg

KeeKee

Disneyfalcon - thank you for the compliment.

Brian - great composition in post 2434 - where is this?

keeKee - great shot of the World of Motion (I know test track). From that angle with the Odyssey next to it (and the yellow + white umbrellas) the pciture has an EPCOT Center feel to it.

Here is my post today (the wine basket at the Kona Cafe)

Thank you! I love your shot today; you've changed up your post processing techniques lately and are really achieving some warm, beautiful photos.

ChuckElias

Let me duplicate the request from earlier. Where is this photo from? If it's not immediately obvious, would folks mind simply typing in the location of the shot? I only get to WDW a couple times a year, so I don't know all the nooks and crannies (and ceilings) that you guys shoot; so locations would be greatly appreciated.

Wiidrone

Let me duplicate the request from earlier. Where is this photo from? If it's not immediately obvious, would folks mind simply typing in the location of the shot? I only get to WDW a couple times a year, so I don't know all the nooks and crannies (and ceilings) that you guys shoot; so locations would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, it is inside WDW Castle Cinderella’s Royal Table. We did lunch there, the food was amazing.

°O°Joe

I was under the impression that the 5D performed really well at ISO 1600 and beyond. That new D300 you have is light years better than the D40, right? The only PP NR I've ever used that's any good is Noise Ninja, and even it results in some reduction in sharpness. I was always under the impression that one of the main benefits of a more expensive body was higher ISO capability (especially with Canon, which has been ahead of the curve compared to Nikon--excepting the D300 and above) :shrug:
I have to give a lot of credit to the 5D, there is an almost complete lack of noise through 800. At 1600 there is still very little noise however if the exposure is off, some noise will start to rear its ugly head. At 3200 there is noise but it is pretty controlled provided the exposure is good.

I have heard / read that Nikon has made giant strides with the D300 / D700 and D3 on noise levels. Joe, curious to know your thoughts on the D300.

I have never used Noise Ninja but I hear very good things about it - at some point I need to check it out. I am not a fan of the built in CS3 noise reduction. For film I am fan of despecle and for digital I like surface blur.
The D300 - although I haven't had a ton of experience with it yet - seems to be in line with how you describe the 5D. I really like the in camera noise reduction (it seems to do a better job than I can do) but it only applies to .jpeg. I like to shoot in RAW for better white balance, highlights and shadows control. So I resort to my own methods of NR, which currently is a combination of Noise Ninja (mostly for color noise) and Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, which has a few different methods. So far I haven't found anything that works great. I need to do some research on this surface blur thing you talk about, Jeff...

Sorry for getting off topic guys.

Here's mine for today:

A salute to all nations, but mostly America...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom