WDW Food Picture of the Day

disneygirl1

It's official... I am going to eat so much food when I am there, all that working out I been doing to going to be for nothing!!1 Um! Um!!! Hurry up and get here 9/22!!!

mpoppins217

While the food at Paolo looks great, it honestly does not look much better than at the normal dining service.

I realize its only $10 more, but did you find it a lot better.

I guess if you are looking for something romantic, having a table of your own with no kids around is well worth the extra $20 a couple.

-dave

Well, Dave, I am one of the few who is not a fan of the main dining rooms. Actually, on my second cruise this past Aug I only ate on my rotation one night and left hungry enough to go back upstairs and grab a taco! I love Palo. I think the service is better and the food is better. The food just melts in your mouth. So, in my opinion yes it is definitely worth the extra money.

mpoppins217

Palo Dinner Desserts:

day3076.jpg

Pana Cotta (I hope that's spelled right)

day3084.jpg

Chocolate Souffle

day3085.jpg

Amaretto Indulgence

day3087.jpg

Special plate for our celebration (my college graduation)

And that's all from my two cruises! I'll have to dig now for some older food pictures. I don't have many though because I always dive right in since I'm hungry!

Phonedave

Well, Dave, I am one of the few who is not a fan of the main dining rooms. Actually, on my second cruise this past Aug I only ate on my rotation one night and left hungry enough to go back upstairs and grab a taco! I love Palo. I think the service is better and the food is better. The food just melts in your mouth. So, in my opinion yes it is definitely worth the extra money.

Really?

What is it you did not like about the main dining rotations? I didn't take any pictures of the food this past Aug (Were we on the same cruise? Aug 22-27) but it was all good. Some was very good, some was not very good, but all was at least good. Both cruises I have been on, my service team has been excellent. I have never been to Paolos though, so for all I know it may be better.

-dave

mpoppins217

Really?

What is it you did not like about the main dining rotations? I didn't take any pictures of the food this past Aug (Were we on the same cruise? Aug 22-27) but it was all good. Some was very good, some was not very good, but all was at least good. Both cruises I have been on, my service team has been excellent. I have never been to Paolos though, so for all I know it may be better.

-dave

I was on the three nighter that left Aug 20 so nope we weren't sailing together. Now I have had a wonderful service team both times (even if this time I only saw them twice) so it may be that it's just nice to have a server only waiting on you when s/he's at the table, when in actuality the knowledge and skill level is probably the same.

I just thought a lot of the food was not well cooked (usually too done so rubbery and tough both meats and pasta). I'm also kind of a picky eater so that might be it too.:shrug: I'm not a vegetarian but I don't really like meat so there aren't many options for me. And the desserts never made me go "wow," usually I was like "it's still frozen" or "why is it so dry/bland".

Basically I really think it's that I had heard so much hype about how great the food is and got there and found out I could get as good if not better from my local olive garden. I will say, though, I LOVE those tacos at Pluto's. :slurp:

Ok, enough of my ranting. Back to the photos!

Phonedave

I was on the three nighter that left Aug 20 so nope we weren't sailing together. Now I have had a wonderful service team both times (even if this time I only saw them twice) so it may be that it's just nice to have a server only waiting on you when s/he's at the table, when in actuality the knowledge and skill level is probably the same.

I just thought a lot of the food was not well cooked (usually too done so rubbery and tough both meats and pasta). I'm also kind of a picky eater so that might be it too.:shrug: I'm not a vegetarian but I don't really like meat so there aren't many options for me. And the desserts never made me go "wow," usually I was like "it's still frozen" or "why is it so dry/bland".

Basically I really think it's that I had heard so much hype about how great the food is and got there and found out I could get as good if not better from my local olive garden. I will say, though, I LOVE those tacos at Pluto's. :slurp:

Ok, enough of my ranting. Back to the photos!

Plutos puts kidney beans in the taco meat mix - which I found a nice suprise :)

The only thing that really diappointed me on the Cruise was the sushi. Just horrid. The fish was fine, but the way it was made, it was as if someone rolled out rice with a rolling pin, covered it with fish, and then sliced it into rectangles, like a pan of brownies.

I know that they are serving LOADS of people who are taking full advantage of the fact its all you can eat, and that having a sushi chef making sushi by hand would require a huge team. But they do make sushi robots that spit out molded rice as fast as you can slap a hunk of fish on top. The guy making the rolls was nto to swift either. Took him forever, and they fell apart.

Other than that my food was fine. And while I am not a picky eater, I can be a pretty harsh critic. :)

-dave

mpoppins217

I may have posted this before either closer to the beginning of this thread of another so I apologize if that is the case.

summertime021.jpg

Pastries from afternoon tea

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Tonga Toast is my religion. It is consumed at least 3-5 times a trip for me. I am a French Toast-aholic in general. At home, I usually have it 3 times a week as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom