WDW Character Pic of the Day

The Disney Kid

13316_1401229877154_1424531586_1090.jpg

This picture has a great story with it. The young lad you see there is my cousin David. David has a severe muscular disorder that makes walking incredibly hard, as well as being autistic. He's such a sweet boy, and Disney is one of his favorite things. He loves to escape into their worlds as often as he can.

When he goes to Disney (twice a year, usually), one of his must-sees is the Beauty and the Beast show in Hollywood Studios. He loves it and has every song and scene memorized and he sings along. Well, one of the cast members noticed him coming several times over the course of a week, and asked why, and it was explained that he loves it.

The Cast Member disappeared, then came back and told them to wait off to the side after the show was over. They did as told, and then they were ushered backstage for a private audience with the show's Belle and Beast. He was so flabbergasted he could barely speak. His joy brought tears to my eyes. It was the best moment of a very awesome vacation.

Thanks, Belle and Beast. You made him the happiest boy in the world.

Now, that's Disney. THAT is why we keep going back!!

DisneyPrincess5

This picture has a great story with it. The young lad you see there is my cousin David. David has a severe muscular disorder that makes walking incredibly hard, as well as being autistic. He's such a sweet boy, and Disney is one of his favorite things. He loves to escape into their worlds as often as he can.

When he goes to Disney (twice a year, usually), one of his must-sees is the Beauty and the Beast show in Hollywood Studios. He loves it and has every song and scene memorized and he sings along. Well, one of the cast members noticed him coming several times over the course of a week, and asked why, and it was explained that he loves it.

The Cast Member disappeared, then came back and told them to wait off to the side after the show was over. They did as told, and then they were ushered backstage for a private audience with the show's Belle and Beast. He was so flabbergasted he could barely speak. His joy brought tears to my eyes. It was the best moment of a very awesome vacation.

Aww what a wonderful story!!

fmingo36

AWESOME story. Just love how Disney CMs can do something so simple, yet it is also so special.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes

Excuse my language here but that is F'ing AWESOME of them that they did that. It's nice to see there is still goodness in people today.

Trishnh

Thats an awesome story..I have a daughter who has special needs and it makes such an impact when the cast members go above and beyond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom