WDW Character Pic of the Day

TakeMeThere81

So that Queen is quite the meanie. You know what she said to me? "You know your not really Peter Pan?" :mad: Anyway she's very good a being the villain. I think I'll go visit the princesses more often, their much nicer.

I'm sorry about that! :( Although, I'd love to see Prince John, he's one of my favorites!!

TakeMeThere81

Does Jack Sparrow count? (too me he DOES :kiss:)

l_3785480876ae769a87e0212a149c278e.jpg

If you really want to see someone, be there first. Talk to the character. Engage them. Then you might get some magic. And if in the case of your children, let them play and talk. Don't rush things. If we need things rushed, you'll know it.

Thank you so much for posting that! If only every single family would read that quote, because that is how character meet and greets should be!!! And its a shame that things aren't more like that!

nibblesandbits

Thank you so much for posting that! If only every single family would read that quote, because that is how character meet and greets should be!!! And its a shame that things aren't more like that!
I agree...everyone should read this...the characters have feeling too. They aren't just pieces of meat.

kcw

As for meet and greets, I know sometimes our characters feel like cardboard cut outs. One princess told me, you know what, so many of these people, especially the adults, don't want to MEET a princess, they just want a photo. I could be a cardboard cut out. And if that is your attitude going in, or if you are a parent doing the same thing with your child, where your child backs themself into a photo, you aren't going to get much more than a cardboard cut out. But if some princesses run into someone who REALLY wants to meet them, then they will put some effort into it.

Talk to the character. Engage them. Then you might get some magic. And if in the case of your children, let them play and talk. Don't rush things.

:sohappy: Thanks Gorjus! the characters want to talk and play with your children, but so many people are simply trying to get X number of pictures and autographs. You'll notice that if your children are genuinely happy and excited to meet the characters, and they (as well as the rest of the family) are playing/conversing/interacting with the characters, they will most likely get more time spent with them :animwink: This happens to princesses and fluffy characters alike- though many people assume that just because Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz, Pooh, etc aren't choosing to talk, that they can't carry on conversations with them!

Anyways, here's my pic for today- it's one of my favorites now!! My family and I ate at Garden Grill and Pluto took me for a walk

DSC_0387.jpg

Snowflake82

:sohappy: Thanks Gorjus! the characters want to talk and play with your children, but so many people are simply trying to get X number of pictures and autographs. You'll notice that if your children are genuinely happy and excited to meet the characters, and they (as well as the rest of the family) are playing/conversing/interacting with the characters, they will most likely get more time spent with them :animwink: This happens to princesses and fluffy characters alike- though many people assume that just because Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz, Pooh, etc aren't choosing to talk, that they can't carry on conversations with them!

Thanks to both of you for this advice. I always tend to rush my kids because I'm trying to be courteous to those waiting behind us in line. This next trip, I'll try to let the kids engage a little more with the characters and see what happens!

joanna71985

As for meet and greets, I know sometimes our characters feel like cardboard cut outs. One princess told me, you know what, so many of these people, especially the adults, don't want to MEET a princess, they just want a photo. I could be a cardboard cut out. And if that is your attitude going in, or if you are a parent doing the same thing with your child, where your child backs themself into a photo, you aren't going to get much more than a cardboard cut out. But if some princesses run into someone who REALLY wants to meet them, then they will put some effort into it.

I totally agree! The interaction is what makes meeting the character fun! Last night I ate at LTT for dinner, and I had the best interaction with Chip. He spent at least 5 minutes standing at my table going through my autograph book with me. And the best part is that he would do a pose for each one! It was too funny, and something that I will always remember.

kcw

Thanks to both of you for this advice. I always tend to rush my kids because I'm trying to be courteous to those waiting behind us in line. This next trip, I'll try to let the kids engage a little more with the characters and see what happens!

that's a valid point, and it's nice to see people try to be courteous to others- often courtesy goes down the drain when people enter WDW! Like gorjus mentioned though, if the line needs to be rushed characters/attendants/photopass will let you know! But hey, you most likely waited quite a while to meet those characters, you deserve to have quality time with them!! Let your kids play until the character says bye!

Judging from that pic, and your avatar, I think Pluto is putting the moves on ya!

hahahaha Pluto and I will always just be best friends :animwink:

anyways, here's some Prince Caspian--

Moms279.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom