mousefan1972

073.jpg

RAXIP

{Snow White}
Cute parade pic Paul!

{Peter, Wendy and Peter}
Ahaha RAXIP, love it!

Thanks!

Yey! such a great picture... I will have to check out your YouTube Channel... your vids are awesome! :D hopefully after Dan and I's next trip I will have some videos to add to all of my still pics :)

BUT... here is my pic for today... Guess it is time for some Spectro pics :)

I wish i could get Spectro photos like that. My camera is no good at night.

You can now view my TEST video of Dream Along w/ Mickey on YouTube
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Raxip: I was just going to say, you would make a great Peter Pan...then I saw the pic of you dressed as him! Cool!

Thanks. Maybe Peter and I will be 'friends' one day.

Azerin

I wish i could get Spectro photos like that. My camera is no good at night.

You can now view my TEST video of Dream Along w/ Mickey on YouTube
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Thanks. Maybe Peter and I will be 'friends' one day.

I am so happy that I can get good Spectro pics now... still requires a bit of luck and required a bunch of trial and error but I love that parade and I'm glad I can get some decent pics of it.... and cameras keep improving.

Your "Test" video is great :D I can't wait to see the final version!

You would make a great Peter :)

Here is another Spectro pic :)

As always... clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page :)

Azerin

^^^ Great picture :D I love finding a large group of characters together... although... this group seems a bit strange to be all together... but... very very kewl! Would love to find them all together like that!

Picking up where I left off... here is another spectro pic :)

As always... clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page :)

kcw

I had to go back a few pages to find this thread, sad!

Anyways, here's KP and Ron
Moms314.jpg

It's your opinion which I totally respect. It's a personal preference, and I was stating mine.

But couldn't it also be to improve the overall experience with a character as well?

This is true, it is my opinion, but I'll let you at least see where I'm coming from..... (and sorry to bring this back up, I know it was a while ago- i've been down in orlando for the past month and haven't been checking the boards :wave:)

Most often, the philosophy for characters in DLR is "ok, feel free to roam around, spend as much time with the guests as you'd like, if you want to move to a different location, that's fine,we've trained you how to work with guests that form a half circle around you, so that you can watch when people are coming, and make sure you get to them all in a timely fashion, if you have guests that are being rude/hitting/kicking/shoving, you can walk away at any point, feel free to romp around with the kids, just try not to mess up your fur too much, and try to come back in sometime around 11:30, ok?"

On the flip side, for a character in WDW, it's "ok, don't leave your 7 x 7 ft. space, stay far away from other characters unless they are supposed to be with you, if you are getting mobbed, cross your fingers than your attendant is watching and is in a place where they can jump in, don't sit, try not to let your fur touch the ground when you're kneeling, and your line has been cut- there's about 20 families left, and your set is over in 5 minutes, so you better start lovin and shovin...."

But again, like I stated earlier, this was done because the first scenario just can't work in WDW. There are too many people who want to see the characters (and collect those precious autographs). This is why you don't see Alice, the Mad Hatter, the tweedles, and the white rabbit all playing musical chairs with kids on main street, or why you don't see a group of 3 or 4 characters running around the park riding rides all day, or why you don't walk into the arcade and find characters playing DDR, or why peter pan, wendy, and hook aren't grabbing random kids to go ride on the storybook canal ride.

So putting myself into the pink fuzzy dress up shoes of a 5 year old who has waited her ENTIRE little life to meet Cinderella, which would I rather? Sitting on Cinderella's lap, and getting to talk to her while we rode the storybook ride, or waiting in line for over an hour, only to have about 1 min where she asked me what my name was and where I was from, threw a signature in my book, and took a quick picture? I'm sure the latter is great and fine, so I'm not dissing that by any means (the princesses do what they can to create magical moments with limited time)- but if I had a choice, I'd take the former....:shrug:

True..in some cases. It depends on the character. I will tell you now, the Tremaines often roam in the early morning, and they have no problem busting their way through a crowd. ;) But a princess or say Pluto or Mickey might not be as lucky. So it just depends.

This is a very valid point- there are definitely a few characters who, because of their personalities, or because of their lack of popularity, can have a bit more freedom to roam

^^^ Great picture I love finding a large group of characters together... although... this group seems a bit strange to be all together... but... very very kewl! Would love to find them all together like that!

hit up studios (in front of the hat) in the late afternoon and you can find fantasmic characters in groups like that- 5:00, 6:00.... you can (always subject to change though) find jasmine & aladdin, Belle & Snow (and Mulan in the poster's case), the tweedles & queen of hearts, jafar & the snow queen, Mary poppins & her penguins, Pluto & goofy, Pocahontas and Meeko..... so not big groups, but pairs usually

RAXIP

hit up studios (in front of the hat) in the late afternoon and you can find fantasmic characters in groups like that- 5:00, 6:00.... you can (always subject to change though) find jasmine & aladdin, Belle & Snow (and Mulan in the poster's case), the tweedles & queen of hearts, jafar & the snow queen, Mary poppins & her penguins, Pluto & goofy, Pocahontas and Meeko..... so not big groups, but pairs usually

Yep thats when i went. your list just about matches who was there that day. There was also Pinocchio and Geppetto, but no tweedles, queen of hearts, pluto or goofy, and Gov Radcliffe was there instead of Meeko. Characters also come out around the hat during the morning, but i'm usually never there that early.

So that Queen is quite the meanie. You know what she said to me? "You know your not really Peter Pan?" :mad: Anyway she's very good a being the villain. I think I'll go visit the princesses more often, their much nicer.

DisneyGigi

So that Queen is quite the meanie. You know what she said to me? "You know your not really Peter Pan?" :mad: Anyway she's very good a being the villain. I think I'll go visit the princesses more often, their much nicer.

Great picture! I love the Queen she is such a hoot! Was this recent? I would love to run into Prince John next month.

RAXIP

Great picture! I love the Queen she is such a hoot! Was this recent? I would love to run into Prince John next month.

This was taken last Saturday. Yeah the Queen can be fun. I was watching Specto with a friend on Friday, and we were waving at all the characters and when it came to the villains float, I crossed my arms and the Queen and I just glared at it each other. It was so much fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom