WDW Character Pic of the Day

Azerin

Thanks. Classes start on Sept 22nd. I'm going to use my time off to edit my Dream Along with Mickey video (tripod version).

My pic for today. After four months I finally met Ariel:

Doh! *comfort* I can't wait to see the video though! Dan and I will definitely have to come up and visit after our WDW trip :)

Glad you got to meet Ariel :)... her line is always LONG! >_<

Here is my pic for today :)

As usual clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page

xsupaxmanxsfnex

That juice was so good. :lol:
2749639641_a7d2d69bd6_b.jpg

Figment82

I know him! He's the Egyptian Duck (or his kin) that escaped from AK a couple years ago. There was a Merf thread last year around July that had a picture of this same bread of duck with extensive speculation regarding the duck, some facts, and a name given to the duck! He definitely is a character. I presume this picture was taken at Epcot, correct?

No, that's simply a common Mallard in that picture - not the Egyptian Goose.

Trust me - I am a HUGE fan of the Egyptian Goose (or Mutant Duck, as I call him). I've been watching him around Epcot for quite some time, and I have like 40 photos of him alone. If you'd like I can post one so you can compare. "Muty" is all brown, with circles around his eyes (thus why they are called Egyptian Geese).

WDWFigment

No, that's simply a common Mallard in that picture - not the Egyptian Goose.

Trust me - I am a HUGE fan of the Egyptian Goose (or Mutant Duck, as I call him). I've been watching him around Epcot for quite some time, and I have like 40 photos of him alone. If you'd like I can post one so you can compare. "Muty" is all brown, with circles around his eyes (thus why they are called Egyptian Geese).

I totally believe you, as you've obviously seen him more than me, but isn't this duck all brown with circles around his eyes? I thought the female mallard had some white on its face? I guess I got excited for nothing...

If you could post a picture of Mutant Duck, that'd be great!

Figment82

I totally believe you, as you've obviously seen him more than me, but isn't this duck all brown with circles around his eyes? I thought the female mallard had some white on its face? I guess I got excited for nothing...

If you could post a picture of Mutant Duck, that'd be great!

The guy pictured has a green head (hard to tell on this particular duck, his feathers are a little faded and not quite as bright as usually seen) and no real rings around his eyes (esp. in comparison to the Egyptian Goose).

Here's a photo of the real "Muty" for comparison (he's even doing a little pose for you!):
2751343505_7fd145d568_b.jpg

And since I have absolutely no life, I have plenty more where that came from! :p

DABIGCHEEZ

The guy pictured has a green head (hard to tell on this particular duck, his feathers are a little faded and not quite as bright as usually seen) and no real rings around his eyes (esp. in comparison to the Egyptian Goose).

Here's a photo of the real "Muty" for comparison (he's even doing a little pose for you!):

And since I have absolutely no life, I have plenty more where that came from! :p

How long has he been in Epcot and why don't they capture him and reunite him over in AK??? I have actually seen a few Egyptian geese wild around here that must have escaped from Six Flags GA or a zoo.

Figment82

Well, whether he is an escapee from DAK or not (I've still never been able to confirm that rumor), he really poses no threat that would result in his removal. He has a tendancy to bite (especially when guests stupidly try to feed him) but for the most part he keeps to himself in areas where people can't readily reach him.

Animal Care probably doesn't want to exert the necessary energy to capture him, or feels it really isn't necessary when he seems to be doing fine on his own. :)

WDWFigment

Wow. Huge difference. I guess I hadn't seen a picture of that duck in a while, because I definitely forgot it looked like that. Maybe I'll see him/her soon!

Figment82

Wow. Huge difference. I guess I hadn't seen a picture of that duck in a while, because I definitely forgot it looked like that. Maybe I'll see him/her soon!

I'd say I see him about 95% of the time when I visit Epcot. Look for him in the pools in between Imag and The Land - that seems to be his favorite hangout for the moment. He's almost always on the West Side, and if not there, in the lakes between Future World and World Showcase. I really hope you can get a chance to see him while you're there. :)

And now that I've shown myself for the random dork that I am, I now return you to the Character Thread, already in progress!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom