Walt Disney World to build 2,000-room Hotel: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

rkelly42

I love World War II. I may only be 17 but I can name facts off the top of my head as if I had studied it for a lifetime. World War I happened in the 1910s haha. There could be something about the introduction of mechanized warfare through the use of airplanes, tanks, and machine guns?

1900s - Modern Inventions (car, airplane)
1910s - Titanic/World War I
1920s - Jazz Age/Roaring Twenties
1930s - Great Depression
1940s - World at War/Cold War?

Haha maybe not the best overall themes but thats from a Historical view, I would be interested in the Titanic also if it had been included in the original plans.
Other than the 1900's and the 20's, all bad ideas for theme's. I can see it now, "yes, can I get the Pearl Harbor room or the sinking of the Titanic room." I agree that the early part of the century has a lot to offer and they should not have given up on the Pop Century theme.

Raven66

Are they taking reservations for room only for 2012/2013? We are going in 2013 and want to stay there. I'm not planning on making my reservations now but I will in 2012.

I'm sorry if it was already asked I didn't look thru every page.:eek:

Tom

Beta Return
no other values have inside corridors either, and that's going to change. haven't heard anything about a slide, though.

They're using buildings that were already built using the All-Star/Pop template, which have exterior corridors. I find it hard to believe that they'll enclose them.

hosewater

it will be a mix of enclosed/not enclosed. yes, the current buildings will stay (mermaid) and some of the newer buildings will be hotel rather than motel.

wannabeBelle

Are they taking reservations for room only for 2012/2013? We are going in 2013 and want to stay there. I'm not planning on making my reservations now but I will in 2012.

I'm sorry if it was already asked I didn't look thru every page.:eek:

Not as of yet, currently the only room pricing available in through the end of 2010. Marie

peter11435

it will be a mix of enclosed/not enclosed. yes, the current buildings will stay (mermaid) and some of the newer buildings will be hotel rather than motel.

Where are you getting this information? Nothing that has been announced indicates this to be the case and it would seem highly unlikely.

hosewater

Where are you getting this information? Nothing that has been announced indicates this to be the case and it would seem highly unlikely.

i agree, it seems highly unlikely. can't really say - i know it seems suspect, but i guess it'll just have to be a we'll wait and see situation. sorry!

Tigerace81

Other than the 1900's and the 20's, all bad ideas for theme's. I can see it now, "yes, can I get the Pearl Harbor room or the sinking of the Titanic room." I agree that the early part of the century has a lot to offer and they should not have given up on the Pop Century theme.

Read my other posts. Those were just ideas that could have been used to spawn the themes for those decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom