Walls up around SM entrance yet?

yea but all the signs in the park, press releases, and company spokespersons say November 2009 and they seem pretty adamant about that which is very disappointing.

Space Mountain requires a 1 year closure. Im sorry but anything less is inadaquate for the work that needs to be done (redone queue, fully repaired ceiling, new track, new special effects, audio (?), post show, general cleaning, backstage retrofitting, etc.)

Who knows, give them a chance. We dont know any of the plans or the amount of people in there working on the thing.

Dont forget that Disneylands SM closure was not planned like WDW's. So they had absolutely nothing prepared for the rehab, which im sure is a big chunk of why it took 2 years.

Heres hoping we can get some pictures of new track being brought in shortly!

devoy1701

Beware, attractions slated for November reopens have a notorious knack for being an "ongoing" Refurb... ...;)SSE;)

I'm sure by 2011 for the 40th it will actually be done.

If soo...it will still be a quicker refurb than SSE.

I guess Epcot is making sure no other attraction can break the record for longest refurb ever...

I'm still down for riding SSE with a bunch of fanboys and yanking that curtain down...we'll all just hide our passes with our non-riding party members...

::fanboys...move that curtain!::

Here's hoping that they do the SM refurb right!

Buried20KLeague

to my knowledge, the first thing that has to happen (is happening already?) is the asbestos removal..

Which would make sense given the "on again, off again" feeling our people seemed to have about track replacement. For a long time I was thinking that the decision on the track had to be made LONG ago, and production on the track had to be finished by now if it was actually going to happen. But they could well have made the track a last minute decision and while production was going on, they could work on asbestos, the unload, the que, and post show... Heck, even the arcade, since that's probably the same budget and construction crew, I'd imagine. The actual track work doesn't have to take place for months.

ihatefastpass

asbestos took away river country !! and my beach at FWC!!!!!.. OPEN UP RIVER COUNTRYY!!!.. edit! thats ameba that did that.. nvrmmmm.. but still !!

EpcotServo

Hey Disney, Can I have a nice bit of stylish concept art showing new rockets zooming past a snazzy new asteroid effect?

Please?

magicmaya

Hey Disney, Can I have a nice bit of stylish concept art showing new rockets zooming past a snazzy new asteroid effect?

Please?

that's a good idea.maybe when they open TTA they could turn the lights on and show off the new and improved track and rockets.Any word on a new re-entry tunnel? I hate that red peice of garbage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom