Walls up around SM entrance yet?

iellis14

Well they dont have to shut down TTA. All they really got to do is put up some black wood to block the view circling mountain. What do you think?

Tubes

If my info is correct, the TTA opens earlier than the mountain does (August, I think). Which could mean many things:

a) Track work is finished and the dome will be dark again as queue work commences.
b) Work on and around the TTA track is finished and people can get a sneak peak at the new Mountain track
c) Arbitrary date that means nothing to the Mountain refurb

Some photo's of the empty SM plaza:

0419091029a.jpg

0419091029b.jpg

0419091403a.jpg

Tomorrowland is oddly retro with SM closed. Lots of shows and small rides, but no E-Ticket. The biggest thrill ride east of the castle is the Astro Orbiter. I predict that the traffic from TTF south will be light in comparison to what it usually is during the summer. It's already bizarre enough to walk into Tomorrowland at opening and seeing it practically vacant.

Oh, and if they where to build a wall around the SM plaza, the TTA track will likely be it's boundary.

hardcard

It's ALWAYS crowded. Plus it sounds all magical, but compared to Epcot and the rest, it's a real pain in the ...First you gotta' PARK, then you HAVE to take the tram, then you gotta' wait for the Monorail, then you have to RIDE the Monorail, then you have to walk to security, then you have to WAIT to get your bag checked, then you have to WAIT in another line to get through the turnstiles, plus on the other side all my Favorite rides usually have long lines...Compare that to just showing up to Animal Kingdom late in the day, walking right in, and going to see the Tigers...Fun, Fast, Hassle-free...

I second this point.. You guys have no idea.. any other park can be gotten 'to' within 5 minutes of parking, even walking.. it's quite the ordeal to 'quick run' to MK.... It can really be a drag.. I know I know.... 'cry me a river, you can go to WDW any time you want.' but the point remains the same.. Going to MK is a hassle compared to the rest..

mrerk

Premium Member
I second this point.. You guys have no idea.. any other park can be gotten 'to' within 5 minutes of parking, even walking.. it's quite the ordeal to 'quick run' to MK.... It can really be a drag.. I know I know.... 'cry me a river, you can go to WDW any time you want.' but the point remains the same.. Going to MK is a hassle compared to the rest..

It ain't that bad. Park at the GF Spa, 5 minute walk to the GF, upstairs to the monorail, next stop MK. How tough was that?

EPCOT Explorer

No, just DisneySTREETSMART.
:cool:

Sounds hellish.:dazzle::ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Have you EVER been to Magic Kingdom in the Summer?
:lol:

No thanks. I'll be in the Air Conditioning athank you very much...

with a soda...

Eatin' HOME fries.....

Only way I've ever experienced it, save for 2006 when I marched in the MSUSA XMas parade.:cool:

The other MK visits in the late 90's and early 2000's where all in June, July or Aug.

Yeah, it took a bit longer to get there, but it's worth it. And how much of a hassle and a inconvenience can it really be to get to a theme park to enjoy yourself?:lol:

EpcotServo

Yeah, it took a bit longer to get there, but it's worth it. And how much of a hassle and a inconvenience can it really be to get to a theme park to enjoy yourself?:lol:

When you loathe children, people, and heat as much as I do, every step out the door has to be carefully weighed in your mind...and hey, you give Animal Kingdom and Studios carp all the time!

I meet you at club cool at 6:45p... there's never anyone in there at that time Crowds? Bah!

EPCOT Explorer

When you loathe children, people, and heat as much as I do, every step out the door has to be carefully weighed in your mind...and hey, you give Animal Kingdom and Studios carp all the time!

I see.:lol:

And you know I love all the parks...just AK and DHS...less.:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom