Walls up around SM entrance yet?

magicmaya

0419091029b.jpg

That sign is very futuristic!:rolleyes:

WDITrent

And for some reason, those signs are extremely depressing... like I want to cry, depressing... And I won't even be at WDW during SM's closure.

EpcotServo

*shakes head*:dazzle::lol:

And the ORIGINAL Studios with DAK, sure.:D

You kidding? Only thing to do at ORIGINAL studios is backlot tour and GMR. Star Tours, Muppets, Coaster, Tower, Midway Mania, heck even Idol isn't that bad compared to that sad stale feeling of MAGIC Kingdom. Perhaps Disneyland is the reason I think: MK<EPCOT, MK<Studios, MK<DAK, DAK+Studios = EPCOT.

EPCOT Explorer

You kidding? Only thing to do at ORIGINAL studios is backlot tour and GMR. Star Tours, Muppets, Coaster, Tower, Midway Mania, heck even Idol isn't that bad compared to that sad stale feeling of MAGIC Kingdom. Perhaps Disneyland is the reason I think: MK<EPCOT, MK<Studios, MK<DAK, DAK+Studios = EPCOT.
I'm sorry. I miss SitS horribly.:dazzle::(:eek::lol:

But yeah, I get it.

SirGoofy

It's sad that there's so little going on we have to have a thread wondering if construction walls have been put up.:brick:

:lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's sad that there's so little going on we have to have a thread wondering if construction walls have been put up.:brick:

:lookaroun

What...this is the most talked about and postponed rehab in recent history. The wall is proof that they are actually going through with it this time. :wave:

castevens

So its confirmed now that it will open in 2009.

If so thats a pretty pointless refurb.

It was always going to reopen in November of 2009

They are replacing the entire track. Anything simple, or pointless, wouldn't take them seven months (through the SUMMER VACATION) to do.

JWG

It was always going to reopen in November of 2009

They are replacing the entire track. Anything simple, or pointless, wouldn't take them seven months (through the SUMMER VACATION) to do.

Beware, attractions slated for November reopens have a notorious knack for being an "ongoing" Refurb... ...;)SSE;)

I'm sure by 2011 for the 40th it will actually be done.

Tubes

Just remember, the SM rehab in DL lasted 2 years and they replaced nearly everything inside the mountain. Track, structure, everything. AND they laid the foundation in 30 feet deeper. Assuming that WDW doesn't have build the foundation 30 feet deeper for safety reasons, then a 7 month track replacement is completely possible.

If this is a ongoing rehab, then they'll probably get on the track ASAP and work on the queue post Holiday season to get it ready for Easter/summer.

wdwfan22

Stale feeling? I'll take the stale feeling of the Magic Kingdom anyday over the Disney Hollywood Studios.

Arch Angel

Banned
Beware, attractions slated for November reopens have a notorious knack for being an "ongoing" Refurb... ...;)SSE;)

I'm sure by 2011 for the 40th it will actually be done.

yea but all the signs in the park, press releases, and company spokespersons say November 2009 and they seem pretty adamant about that which is very disappointing.

Space Mountain requires a 1 year closure. Im sorry but anything less is inadaquate for the work that needs to be done (redone queue, fully repaired ceiling, new track, new special effects, audio (?), post show, general cleaning, backstage retrofitting, etc.)

BensMum

I'm just keeping fingers crossed for SM being up and running early November. It will be 2 years since our last visit and any level of rehab is better than none, as long as my son gets to go on his favourite ride. Chances are probably low I know, but you never know, we may get lucky and hit a soft opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom