Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Made some changes to the first post

Modified the following from the Animal Kingdom Area
Kevin and Dug from Up to be added as living characters to Flights of Wonder
Changed to:
Flights of Wonder Refurbishment September 14th - October 23rd (Kevin and Dug from Up to be added as living characters)

Added this to the General Walt Disney World area:
Re-Purposing of Mannequins and 8 Trax at Pleasure Island

Moved Hannah Montana's Chicken Coup added to Backlot Tour to the Completed Projects section

EPCOT Explorer

Changed to:
Flights of Wonder Refurbishment September 14th - October 23rd (Kevin and Dug from Up to be added as living characters)

Added this to the General Walt Disney World area:
Re-Purposing of Mannequins and 8 Trax at Pleasure Island

Moved Hannah Montana's Chicken Coup added to Backlot Tour to the Completed Projects section

Woah...that really happening!?

Yay for living character, yuck on the placement of them....Hope it fits better than I am imagining it.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster

Changed to:

Woah...that really happening!?

Yay for living character, yuck on the placement of them....Hope it fits better than I am imagining it.

The Kevin and Dug rumor is still Blue Sky, the fact that Flights of Wonder will be closed is not. The month+ closure may be for this and/or something else.

Jasonflz

One thing I threw out as something I'd like to see, is an increased capacity to Soarin'. I've looked at an aerial map of Epcot and there's enough space to not only add two more screens, but re-work the queue so that the entrance is near Canada in World Showcase where "Soarin' Over the World" would make more sense.

:) I've never thought of that. It would interesting to see how that could work. Problem is, it will confuse numerous guests who will be entering The Land to ride it.

The Conundrum

I am still nervous it is only DL...:zipit:

I wouldn't worry about that. Lucas likes WDW and its always been established that both DL and WDW (and the other parks) would get it pretty much simultanously as its an easy e-ticket to add.

The thing you should be worried about is if they will do a good job on the WDW version or if it will be half arsed in order to open it faster. So if DL gets a 12 month full redo WDW only does a half baked 6 month redo and does the bare minimum. Thats what I would be concerned with.

Thrill Seeker

Ok, so here's an interesting rumor I heard from a friend of mine, who is a custodian, so he hears lots of rumors.

Apparently one if his managers mentioned something about the Backlot Tour being cleared out in the not too distant future and how it is somehow connected to the proposed M:I coaster. It goes against many other reports that I've read, but interesting none the less.

Another one I've heard is about DTD. Apparently there is a plan in the works to make DTD more like a park including charging for parking and giving areas definitive themes. Don't know very much about that one, but if true, DTD will probably become the new focus point for WDI to work on.

jt04

Ok, so here's an interesting rumor I heard from a friend of mine, who is a custodian, so he hears lots of rumors.

Apparently one if his managers mentioned something about the Backlot Tour being cleared out in the not too distant future and how it is somehow connected to the proposed M:I coaster. It goes against many other reports that I've read, but interesting none the less.

Another one I've heard is about DTD. Apparently there is a plan in the works to make DTD more like a park including charging for parking and giving areas definitive themes. Don't know very much about that one, but if true, DTD will probably become the new focus point for WDI to work on.

Martin has been saying for awhile that the BT had a limited shelf life.

As for DTD, there is a plan. You can count on it.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Lou Mongello did reference a re-purposing of the former Mannequins and 8-Trax locations on his show this week. He didn't go into great details, but I don't doubt that they have a plan for the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom