Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Below is a collection of all the current news/rumors.
Please also see the News section of this site.

The Color Code
Confirmed/Under Construction/Greenlit Projects in Green
Legitimate Rumor, but no timetable in Red
Far fetched/Blue Sky Rumor in Blue

Magic Kingdom
  • Merida from Brave to replace Rapunzel at the Fairytale Garden in mid-May(link)
  • Rapunzel to move to Adventureland on April 15th
  • New Fantasyland to be completed in phases between 2012-2014:
  • Little Mermaid Area (Opening Mid-Late 2012)
    • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid - D/E-Ticket omnimover that will take guests through all of the music from the Little Mermaid. The exterior will be a rock work Grotto behind a fully rendered version of Prince Eric's Castle (Full Ride through of DCA's version).
    • Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt - A large maze/water play area.
  • Beauty and the Beast Area (Opening Mid-Late 2012)
    • Enchanted Tales with Belle - The adventure begins in Maurice’s workshop, where a magical mirror is the doorway to a captivating new kind of storytelling experience: Guests are transported to the Beast’s library to meet Belle and Lumiere, and share in a lively, interactive, re-telling of the “tale as old as time.”
    • Be Our Guest Restaurant - counter service restaurant by day, table service restaurant by night (to feature living characters of Lumiere and Cogsworth),
    • Gaston's Tavern - counter service restaurant,
    • Bonjour! Village Gifts - New Shop
  • Storybook Circus Area
    • Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Additional spinner to be built out of refurbished original spinner. Interactive queue area to be built inside the tent. The interactive queue will be underneath "the big top" where guests will see sideshow acts and play midway games while they wait. (Old dumbo to open as B Side of new Dumbo in August).
    • Casey Juniors Splash 'N' Soak - A water playground to be built.
    • Storybook Circus Meet and Greet - A meet and greet to be housed in one of the Storybook Circus tents
    • Casey Jr. Food/Merchandise location to be added near Dumbo
  • Fantasyland Forest Area (Opening Late 2013 - Early 2014)
    • Seven Dwarf's Mine Train - The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs. It will also have a low height requirement.
    • Snow White's Scary Adventures - To Close May 31st
    • Princess Fairytale Hall - Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet guests in their new home, an elegant royal court on the site where Snow White’s Scary Adventures stands today.
  • Demolition of Fantasyland Skyway building to create additional walk way and new restroom to be added between Liberty Square and Fantasyland on opposite side of Yankee Trader.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad refurbishment 1/9/2012-5/28/2012
  • Living character (voice, moving mouth and facial feature) versions of Mickey coming to Town Square Theater

• Additional themed snack carts to arrive at Fantasyland Expansion as a preview based on planned "sections". Next cart is expected to be themed around The Little Mermaid
  • Peter Pan's Flight queue enhancements to include interactive elements that are expected to use both the existing space and the space from the adjacent bathroom.

• Pirates of the Caribbean: Mermaids to be added
  • Elements from Tangled to appear in Fantasyland Expansion
  • Hatbox Ghost to be added to The Haunted Mansion
  • Living character (voice, moving mouth and facial feature) versions of Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pooh and Tigger coming to different locations - Possibly exclusive to character dining locations
  • Ride enhancements for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • RFID tag changes to be incorporated into Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion as part of $1.5 billion "Next Gen Experience"
  • Walk Around the World tiles to be removed
  • Jungle Cruise refurbishment
  • Frontierland Expansion with possible Rapid Ride replacing Tom Sawyer's Island and the Liberty Boat being permanently docked
  • New E-Ticket to be built in Adventureland or Tomorrowland with clone built for another Disney park

Epcot
  • Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure to be turned into "Agent P's World Showcase Adventure": This will be themed to Perry the Platypus' alter ego from Phineas and Ferb
  • Expanding Boulangerie Patisserie into two floors (Expected completion March 2013)
  • Wine Cellar being added to Italy
  • "Habit Heroes" in Innoventions to be re-worked so it doesn't offend Mothers with too much time on their hands.
  • Innoventions East: "The House of Innoventions" to re-open as VISION House

• Re-Working of Test Track Pre-Show and Post-Show + Ride Additions including NextGen Upgrades similar to World of Motion/Tron like elements (Refurbishment Easter - Late September, No announcement potentially delayed or cancelled)

• Brazil Pavilion
  • Re-Working of Maelstrom (adding more trolls)
  • Completion of Spaceship Earth Descent
  • Journey Into Imagination with Figment Refurbishment
  • Captain EO replacement
  • New Soarin' Video (Soarin' Over the World to open in Shanghai and around the world), Addition of a third theater
  • RFID tag changes to be incorporated into Spaceship Earth as part of $1.5 billion "Next Gen Experience"
  • New World Showcase Pavilion/E-Ticket

Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Sounds Dangerous to be completely removed from the building by Mid 2012
  • Road widening near the back entrance to Hollywood Studios

• Replacement for Journey into Narnia exhibit (Pirates 4 Exhibit)

• Darth Vader Meet and Greet
  • Jedi Training Academy or Clone Wars attraction to move into Sounds Dangerous theater.
  • Replacement for Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Replacement for Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage (Potentially Tangled stage show)
  • Relocation/Removal of Sorcerer's Hat
  • Possible re-configuration of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Queue - Re-introduction of queueless waiting system with games (Rock Band), food, and merchandise available to guests waiting in an area to be set up in the area that formerly housed ESPN the weekend events.
  • Marvel Attraction
  • Halloween Party to cover two weekends, and include characters from Tron, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Monster's Inc Coaster
  • Backlot Tour Removal
  • The Great Movie Ride Refurbishment
  • Carsland Expansion in the Backlot Tour Tram Area

Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Expedition Everest Yeti Refurbishment/Replacement

• Australia
  • Langur Monkeys to be added to the Maharajah Jungle Trek to replace the Malayan Tapir/Bar-Headed Goose

General Walt Disney World
  • Disney's Royal themed rooms at moderate resorts
  • Grand Floridian DVC Expansion
  • Four Seasons to open in 2014 at the earliest
  • Golden Oak Residential area near Four Seasons with 50-60 $1 million+ homes (More Info Here)
  • Pleasure Island Area to be re-done.
    • Announced theme was Hyperion Wharf (Details Here) but that concept seems to be fading.
    • Splitsville Bowling coming to Downtown Disney's West Side
  • Animation Suites being built adjacent to Pop Century to open in phases beginning in May of 2012

• xPass system coming as an advanced ride reservation system and will include expansion of the existing Fastpass program to include more rides as well as premium viewing for parades, shows, and fireworks

• Expansion of World of Disney Store that would triple the size
  • Oswald the Rabbit to appear in parks
  • California Coast DVC to be built near Wilderness Lodge
  • Fort Wilderness DVC Expansion
  • DVC Resort on River Country Site
  • Typhoon Lagoon Expansion - West of Crush 'n' Gusher
  • Re-Purposing of Mannequins and 8 Trax at Pleasure Island, possible Aquarium Restaurant (Owned by Landry's)

Recently Completed/Opened
  • Storybook Circus soft opens with official opening on 3/31. Available attractions are Dumbo the Flying Elephant (one side), The Barnstormer Featuring the Great Goofini, and The Walt Disneyworld Railroad: Fantasyland Station

The Color Code
Confirmed/Under Construction/Greenlit Projects in Green
Legitimate Rumor, but no timetable in Red
Far fetched/Blue Sky Rumor in Blue

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What`s happened? Most of the projects are frozen. Great, huh?

SSEs finale and Space Mountain medium-lite are really the only worthy items of note that are still full green. A few more are continuing prep and research at a snails pace with an aim to ramp up when they are allowed. I dare say sadly one or two may never happen.

EPCOT Explorer

What`s happened? Most of the projects are frozen. Great, huh?

SSEs finale and Space Mountain medium-lite are really the only worthy items of note that are still full green. A few more are continuing prep and research at a snails pace with an aim to ramp up when they are allowed. I dare say sadly one or two may never happen.
How is SSE,BTW?

It's been a while...

WDW1974

Since nothing of consequence is happening now or likely to happen in the near term, there really is no need for such a thread.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Foreclosure!~

EPCOT Explorer

Since nothing of consequence is happening now or likely to happen in the near term, there really is no need for such a thread.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Foreclosure!~

SSE and SM are pretty big...I wouldn't say that.

~I do enjoy your tag lines though! Very creative!~
:lol:
:lookaroun

tirian

SSE's ending that should have been done 6 months ago will be turned on.

SM's refurb that should have been done 6 years ago will be completed.

Everything else is frozen. Who knew Disney would do a park tie-in to "Ice Age 3," which is Blue Sky/Fox film?

EPCOT Explorer

SSE's ending that should have been done 6 months ago will be turned on.

SM's refurb that should have been done 6 years ago will be completed.

Everything else is frozen. Who knew Disney would do a park tie-in to "Ice Age 3," which is Blue Sky/Fox film?
Hey...As long as it gets done.;)

Frozen as in Walt's head?:lookaroun:lol:

WDW1974

SSE and SM are pretty big...I wouldn't say that.

SSE is basically done. They're just taking 18 months to put the 'finishing touches' on it. While fanbois may find the ending great, I don't think it will make a huge difference to most visitors. SSE is plenty popular right now.

Either way, it's not anything I'd describe as big.

Space Mountain is a major redo, albeit not nearly as major a sit should be, and is a decade late. Again, this isn't on par with NEW projects in Anaheim, Paris and Tokyo (and pretty soon, when Disney is finished putting the screws to the government, Hong Kong too).

Major refurbs are nice, but that's all they are. They used to happen all the time without online fanfare.

Look at people getting excited over paint on UoE.

~I do enjoy your tag lines though! Very creative!~
:lol:
:lookaroun

If I entertain, then half my job is done.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Car Repossession!~

EPCOT Explorer

SSE is basically done. They're just taking 18 months to put the 'finishing touches' on it. While fanbois may find the ending great, I don't think it will make a huge difference to most visitors. SSE is plenty popular right now.

Either way, it's not anything I'd describe as big.

Space Mountain is a major redo, albeit not nearly as major a sit should be, and is a decade late. Again, this isn't on par with NEW projects in Anaheim, Paris and Tokyo (and pretty soon, when Disney is finished putting the screws to the government, Hong Kong too).

Major refurbs are nice, but that's all they are. They used to happen all the time without online fanfare.

If I entertain, then half my job is done.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Car Repossession!~

Eh, if it's new I think people get excited.:lol: See: SSE and UoE paint.:lookaroun

And I could use a car...:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Indeed. A sad sign of the times.

Animaniac93-98

Indeed. A sad sign of the times.

But there's Obamabot come July 1st...

The movie itself better be improved though (and not just from a technical standpoint). I'm really looking forward to how that one turns out.

And how much time is needed for Disney to tell Joe Schmo to turn on the switch for SEE's ending? Another month?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I'm aware that as of right now very little is on the table. My question was more "what happened to the thread". Does anyone remember the title?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom