Upcoming/Rumored Projects

misterID

Jan. 2008

Tony Baxter: Motion simulation allows the ride vehicle to work as an element in a story. It's a tool to help set emotion. We do that with Indiana Jones [Adventure at Disneyland]. With imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, Star Tours launched many similar attractions. The ultimate challenge...was Spider-Man and its synchronized motion base with 3-D [filmed scenes]. We looked at that and we started experimenting. Now, we have something that goes beyond that--but we won't talk about it. [Baxter laughed as he made the last remark.]

I'd really like to know what he was talking about.

DisneyNut2007

I'll try my hand at keeping track of all the rumors in this thread.

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain Refurbishment (November 22nd Opening Date) (On board audio, Interactive Queue)
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Refurbishment (September 1 Opening Date)
Skyway Building re-purposing (Potential Space Mountain overflow queue)
Princess and the Frog Show on the Liberty Square River Boat
Ariel's Undersea Adventure - Little Mermaid Attraction
Tinkerbell Attraction
Fantasyland Makeover/Expansion (Princess Meet and Greets, Expanded Castle Walls, Relocated Dumbo with two spinners, Details: Here)
Enchanted Forest in Fantasyland
Toontown Demolition/Dumbo Retheming
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Re-themed Goofy's Barnstormer (Snow White or Alice in Wonderland)
RFID tag changes to be incorporated into Peter Pan's Flight, Winnie the Pooh, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion
Increased capacity to Peter Pan's Flight
Hatbox Ghost in Haunted Mansion
Christmas Show on Old Stitch's Supersonic Celebration Stage
Jungle Cruise refurbishment
Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment

Another rumor to add to the MK list:

-The return of the Country Bear Christmas Show. Word on the street is that the plan was to refurbish the regular show (including the sound system and whatnot) first, then bring back the Xmas show the following year. The regular rehab was done last year, so let's keep our fingers crossed for this to be the year that the Xmas show returns to its annual seasonal engagements for sure.

SirGoofy

Jan. 2008

Tony Baxter: Motion simulation allows the ride vehicle to work as an element in a story. It's a tool to help set emotion. We do that with Indiana Jones [Adventure at Disneyland]. With imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, Star Tours launched many similar attractions. The ultimate challenge...was Spider-Man and its synchronized motion base with 3-D [filmed scenes]. We looked at that and we started experimenting. Now, we have something that goes beyond that--but we won't talk about it. [Baxter laughed as he made the last remark.]

Tony's been saying stuff like that for years. Nothing has come of it yet.

I'm betting he's talking about CAVE though. I don't remember the exact details. Someone like Lee or Martin would though.

EPCOT Explorer

Jan. 2008

Hmmm....:) If he's talking truth, this could be a pretty awesome little feature :D

That is, if it is what I think it is.:lol:

DisneyCanadian

Sorry to ask this, but I'm new around here.

What's with the colour scheme in the original post. I assume that the different coloured projects mean something? Can someone please explain, go easy on me, lol.

The Conundrum

Tony's been saying stuff like that for years. Nothing has come of it yet.

I'm betting he's talking about CAVE though. I don't remember the exact details. Someone like Lee or Martin would though.

Well I know for years Tony was working on the robot arm tech which was snatched by Universal. Since this quote is from 2008 I have no idea what hes talking about.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry to ask this, but I'm new around here.

What's with the colour scheme in the original post. I assume that the different coloured projects mean something? Can someone please explain, go easy on me, lol.

Look at the very bottom of the post in question.

The Color Code
Confirmed/Under Construction/Greenlit Projects in Green
Legitimate Rumor, but no timetable in Red
Far fetched/Blue Sky Rumor in Blue

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well I know for years Tony was working on the robot arm tech which was snatched by Universal. Since this quote is from 2008 I have no idea what hes talking about.

I still don't understand the notion that Universal has exclusive theme parks rights to this technology.

Especially since when you visit Robocoaster's website they have a whole page devoted to "Large Theme Park Solutions".

It just doesn't make good business sense for a company such as KUKA or others to sign an exclusivity deal basically squelching any other use of their whole division.

jt04

Yes Tony was.

Oh, by the way, using the first names of Imagineers to make yourself sound like an insider or mentioning that you have met Joe (who hasn't) has really started to wear thin. I'm not buying it.

So who is manufacturing the robot arm tech for the new Innoventions attraction CaPD? Because we know it can't be Kuka, right? :shrug:

SirGoofy

Oh, by the way, using the first names of Imagineers to make yourself sound like an insider or mentioning that you have met Joe (who hasn't) has really started to wear thin. I'm not buying it.

Please, jt. It's the guys freaking name. What do you want, every one to type out Mr. Tony Baxter, WDI? Don't be freaking ridiculous.

jt04

Please, jt. It's the guys freaking name. What do you want, every one to type out Mr. Tony Baxter, WDI? Don't be freaking ridiculous.

You know there is a 100% difference in how you mentioned you met Lasseter. I appreciate that. It was genuine. The folks I'm talking about know who they are. I was not talking about you. Just the phony"insiders" who post here. Gotta go. Have a nice evening. :wave:

The Conundrum

Yes Tony was.

get a life

So who is manufacturing the robot arm tech for the new Innoventions attraction CaPD? Because we know it can't be Kuka, right? :shrug:

Thats not an attraction its a temporary exhibit

This exclusive thing has precedent. Disney signed a deal with Imax for the Soarin' tech which prevented Universal from making Jurassic Park Helicoptours. But of course like any good modern nutjob you will continue to ignore what im saying and just keep spouting the same bs over and over.

SirGoofy

You know there is a 100% difference in how you mentioned you met Lasseter. I appreciate that. It was genuine. The folks I'm talking about know who they are. I was not talking about you. Just the phony"insiders" who post here. Gotta go. Have a nice evening. :wave:

I know you weren't talking about me. I just don't see a problem with using the guys first name.:shrug:

jt04

get a life

Thats not an attraction its a temporary exhibit

This exclusive thing has precedent. Disney signed a deal with Imax for the Soarin' tech which prevented Universal from making Jurassic Park Helicoptours. But of course like any good modern nutjob you will continue to ignore what im saying and just keep spouting the same bs over and over.

The millenium stuff was "temporary" too. Oops, did I say that? :lol:

The Conundrum

The millenium stuff was "temporary" too. Oops, did I say that? :lol:

Alot of the millenium stuff was removed though including the Isreali ride

Even if the exhibit is permanent (which it ain't) it still doesn't count as a real ride. It would be like saying Aladdin VR ride was a real Epcot attraction (it wasnt)

Don't be ignorant

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom