Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

smalld

I think it would be cool if they kept the rainbow type colors on the outside of the building but in between the colors the spaces put lights so at night it would look more like the original then we have the original and the present colors. Just my idea. :shrug:

kcnole

I'm a fan of Ellen but I hate the current UoE. They can repaint the building all they want, I won't be wasting my time on that attraction unless I need a nap.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I went into the park yesterday, there was no progress with the paint (I would assume because of the weekend), but there is now some kind of smudge along the first rib on the left side:

picture.php

(I apologize for the crudity of my cell phone camera)

jt04

I went into the park yesterday, there was no progress with the paint (I would assume because of the weekend), but there is now some kind of smudge along the first rib on the left side:

picture.php

Looks like general repair work in preperation of more paint. An encouraging sign I think. Thanks for the pic.

imagineer boy

I like the current version of UOE, its funny and entertaining. However, it is very dated and I won't mind if they replace it with somthing new.

SoccerMickey

I like the current version of UOE, its funny and entertaining. However, it is very dated and I won't mind if they replace it with somthing new.

There are a lot of moments in this version I like as well. But its VERY dated...almost like if Cranium Command was going to open today in its original form.

JWG

A paint job cannot save this tired attraction. I liked the Ellen version just fine the first 10 years. It's outlived it's lifespan as sustainability has become the forefront of energy talk.

Just another example of how Disney has slipped from cutting edge/early adapter to discount buyer years too late.

Much of Epcot can be saved if they can get the funds to do it.

EPCOT Explorer

UoE is AMAZING!...if you are still in the 90's.

Time to make it more relevant.

picture.php

Hmmmm..Why repaint and THEN repair? Odd.
Expo said:
I hope they do some relandscaping....those plants are becoming as nasty as the overgrown trees infront of SSE :eek:
Yep...FWEast is very much overgrown.:( Ickyplantz are in high numbers.

jt04

UoE is AMAZING!...if you are still in the 90's.

Time to make it more relevant.

Hmmmm..Why repaint and THEN repair? Odd.

My guess it was just a test coat. Now they have made a decision and will fix any cracks etc before the final coat goes on. So will it be back to the future :sohappy: or rainbow brite :hurl:?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom