Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

hpyhnt 1000

Epcot is more a lot of asthetic stuff, though there are pavilions that need overhauls. MK, yeah I don't know. Between Tomorrowland, Toontown, and Fantasyland, there's a lot of work that needs to be done...

HMF

Epcot is more a lot of asthetic stuff, though there are pavilions that need overhauls. MK, yeah I don't know. Between Tomorrowland, Toontown, and Fantasyland, there's a lot of work that needs to be done...
Yeah aestheticly Epcot needs a lot of help.

dxwwf3

I feel the MK needs a lot more work than Epcot. Epcot's in great shape, if they can get Imagination's rehab to get the green light.

HMF

I feel the MK needs a lot more work than Epcot. Epcot's in great shape, if they can get Imagination's rehab to get the green light.
In terms of ride maintanince and upgrades Magic Kingdom definitley needs. Epcot needs some cosmetic help.

hpyhnt 1000

In terms of ride maintanince and upgrades Magic Kingdom definitley needs. Epcot needs some cosmetic help.

Yep. A little paint here, some new plants there. Getting rid of the rainbow on UoE is a good start. Now its mainly just Innoventions (paint, landscaping, new path layout, get rid of circus tents/stage, new interior layout, uncover the windows) and the entrance plaza (new paint, redisgn/demolish LaL as it currently stands, new plants, new path layout) that need to be addressed. One more thing if I may; if Imagination gets an overhaul, am I the only one who would like to see the glass pyramids get a good pressure cleaning? i don't know whats worse; the monorail beam or the pyramids. :hurl:

TheDisneyMagic

The pyramids aren't too bad, they do clean them every so often. There are many other places in the park that need a clean before the pyramids on my list.

figmentisgreat

I'm just happy to see them showing some much needed love to EPCOT. Honestly - I think that in it's heyday it encapsulated everything that Disney was, and I would love to see it go back to that.

hpyhnt 1000

I think it's about time they replace the glass on them, at least on the right pyramid.

I don't know if replacment is necessary, but at least a good cleaning again. Maybe Windex could come in and sponsor the pavilion; at least all the glass would have a streak free shine then... ;)

And I agree figment; its nice to see Epcot getting some attention, particularly to pavilions like UoE. Ah well, one day hopefully, Epcot will become EPCOT once more.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I don't know if replacment is necessary, but at least a good cleaning again. Maybe Windex could come in and sponsor the pavilion; at least all the glass would have a streak free shine then... ;)

Well, when they cleaned them the last time I think about four years ago, there was still a bit of a streak left after they were done, so I think it's getting to the point where they just need to be outright replaced.

Expo_Seeker40

One thing that is bothersome about the current state of future world is it's lack of flow and organization.

This past January I took a Disney Bus (and no the bus driver didn't talk about the fifth gate :lol:) to Epcot for my first time. Getting off the bus and heading East toward the entrance....it's just an overgrowth of forgotten plants and trees...the fading 1982 kodak pink sidewalks...the old buildings near the entrance that are original....they need new paint and better landscaping....can we say goodbye to mustard yellow and purple?

Heading closer to the entrance is the great wall of Epcot...the slapped on series of metal gates...sure the flower logo is in a few of them...but can this whole area be redone and look more "together"?

Then you go to the entrance...and they I already provided a sketch as to what i thought leave a legacy could look like redone...but we need the legs of SSE painted blue again, we could also have new blues, blacks, silvers, white stripes painted along the buildings on the outer rims of the entrance heading to SSE like the old navy blue and orange stripes used to do.

Earth Station...needs to go back to being blue.

InnoVentions buildings....as said before by others....LETTTTTT THE SUNSHINEEEEE LETTTTT THE SUNSHINE IN....and a more clean cut plaza.

The Seas is...ok....the Land needs some prunning done to the trees around the building...you can barely see the glass roof anymore.

As for Future World West....hopefully a new sponsor will bring about a less gaudier TT exterior....and hopefully the dino topiaries will come back to UoE, and those trees near the ends of the UoE will be cut down.

There is also a notice in change of sidewalk colors and textures, color schemes, plants, trees, etc. It's just a mess of different refurbs from different eras.

DisneyChik17

I was JUST thinking about the new outdoor spray they make that works really fast. They could clean the outside of those things in one night. As for the inside one person on the inside of each one in a night could surely finish in one night as well. It's amazing how the littlist things get right by them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom