Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Behold!

If you look carefully, you can see the back section with some of the yellow paint on it:
picture.php

And the right side, with the bucket vehicle they're using to paint:
picture.php

I can't take this any more - can we maybe get 100 or so folks to donate $1 each and buy Mr.EPCOT a camera? :lol:

Hey, I have an adequate camera, the USB cable is just missing. But I'd love a new camera! :D

Expo_Seeker40

yes!!! It's nice to see the old tileless back walls finally get some use. Thanks for the pics...so it seems the color shift is more fluid from red to yellow now?

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
yes!!! It's nice to see the old tileless back walls finally get some use. Thanks for the pics...so it seems the color shift is more fluid from red to yellow now?

Absolutely, they must be combining paint colors to get the shades they want, because it is definitely more of a smooth transition than what we saw a couple of weeks ago.

Expo_Seeker40

now it comes down to...are they going to chop down those trees on the west side of the UoE that make the building look tiny...and will they trim and relandscape the area around the UoE

SirNim

Absolutely, they must be combining paint colors to get the shades they want, because it is definitely more of a smooth transition than what we saw a couple of weeks ago.
Those warm colors really add such a jolt of energy to the exterior of the building...a glistening vision in the sun, or a celebration of the sun.

And, hooray for smooth gradients!

Jasonflz

Y'know the funny thing, with the rainbow colors the pillars looked huge. Now that they are gray they look smaller and flatter.

Awesome pictures Mr. Epcot.

EPCOT Explorer

Behold!

If you look carefully, you can see the back section with some of the yellow paint on it:
picture.php

And the right side, with the bucket vehicle they're using to paint:
picture.php

Hey, I have an adequate camera, the USB cable is just missing. But I'd love a new camera! :D

oooooooh! Missed these! Very nice...I like how the colors are fading back...Classy. Hope they light it well!

And...BUY A NEW USB CABLE!!:lol::lol:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
oooooooh! Missed these! Very nice...I like how the colors are fading back...Classy. Hope they light it well!

Yeah, I'm hoping that we'll be lucky enough to have the original lighting come back, too, or something similar. I did make it a point to look, but hasn't been any indication of work on that yet. It's very possible they would just wait until they are completely done with painting to install new lighting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Assuming the 1982 light fittings were removed from the sides in 96 (there was nothing left to light) here`s hoping for some LED floods behind the side ribs as the original lighting system was.

Anyone know what state the roof lighting is in?

Vernonpush

Assuming the 1982 light fittings were removed from the sides in 96 (there was nothing left to light) here`s hoping for some LED floods behind the side ribs as the original lighting system was.

Roof lighting? That sounds interesting. What did it light, the solar panels?

EPCOT Explorer

I've always thought it would be cool it the colored stripes were LEDs themselves and would fluctuate between being a solid color or doing something interesting.:lol:

Now THAT would be energetic...:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why is the back part of UoE being painted yellow?
Because they ran out of black paint:D

Here`s the original lighting scheme and also the ammount of mirror tiles that used to be on the rear flanks:

Attachments

• UOE 82 lighting schemeweb.jpg
    UOE 82 lighting schemeweb.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 93
  • UoE cladding.jpg
    UoE cladding.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 90

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom