Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

castevens

Well, when they cleaned them the last time I think about four years ago, there was still a bit of a streak left after they were done, so I think it's getting to the point where they just need to be outright replaced.

I'd keep the streakiness on the outside for 100 years if they would just replace the inside NOW :)

hpyhnt 1000

I'd keep the streakiness on the outside for 100 years if they would just replace the inside NOW :)

Hm, you have a point there. :lol:

And I agree Expo on the current state of things, especially the Great Wall of Epcot and the area just outside the turnstiles heading toward the buses. That area really has been just forgotten and it does need some desperate attention. Just because its not "inside" the park doesn't mean it shouldn't look nice. Its the first and last impression people have - it should be a good one. Another area is all along the berm seperating the parking lot from the tram lane (where those massive oaks are). That area needs some sprucing up as well.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Heading closer to the entrance is the great wall of Epcot...the slapped on series of metal gates...sure the flower logo is in a few of them...but can this whole area be redone and look more "together"?

I think this fence is just as much of a heinous offense as Leave a Legacy. And it's all to save a buck on a bag check policy that we don't need anyways.

Earth Station...needs to go back to being blue.

I've never quite understood for the desire of this. I can't really figure out what would be the significance of this building being blue that would be that much better than tan. I'm kind of surprised people aren't clamoring more for The Living Seas to be returned to its original color instead, or complaining about Fountain View being purple.

I totally agree, but maybe at least with a colored lighting scheme.

imagineer boy

One color scheme at Epcot I'd like to see leave is the yellowish color you see on some of the cielings and overhangs of the ticket booths outside the park. Rather unpleasent looking.

EPCOT Explorer

I think this fence is just as much of a heinous offense as Leave a Legacy. And it's all to save a buck on a bag check policy that we don't need anyways.

I've never quite understood for the desire of this. I can't really figure out what would be the significance of this building being blue that would be that much better than tan. I'm kind of surprised people aren't clamoring more for The Living Seas to be returned to its original color instead, or complaining about Fountain View being purple.

I totally agree, but maybe at least with a colored lighting scheme.
It's that arid look! The warm blazed out tans and pinks of Innov. Plaza make the Orlando sun all the much hotter. The Blue buildings of old( And the silver, and the ponds, and the sculpted plants and trees) provide for a much cooler and futuristic look.

The Living Seas looks good in blue.:lol: I never understood why it was tan in the first place.:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Why would we complain about the Fountainview being purple?

Eh, its not bad. Not what I would have chosen but still, better than salmon pink. And The Seas makes sense painted blue! After all, it is about the oceans, and we all know that Columbus sailed the ocean BLUE in fourteen hundred ninety two... :lookaroun

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Why would we complain about the Fountainview being purple?

Eh, its not bad. Not what I would have chosen but still, better than salmon pink. And The Seas makes sense painted blue! After all, it is about the oceans, and we all know that Columbus sailed the ocean BLUE in fourteen hundred ninety two... :lookaroun

Yeah, personally I have no problem what color the buildings are for the most part. I thought blue seemed logical for The Living Seas. Tan seems great to me for the CommunCore/Innoventions. I think purple is a bit of an oddball choice for Fountain View. Giving the circular protusions out of the main buildings a different color isn't a bad idea, but light blue like what Earth Station used to be, or something else probably would have been much better.

EPCOT Explorer

Anything is better that another arid color.

And CCore's original color was purple. I wouldn't mind a silver and purple motif for the area.

hpyhnt 1000

Anything is better that another arid color.

And CCore's original color was purple. I wouldn't mind a silver and purple motif for the area.

Hm, that might work. It would fit the purple/silver/blue motif of the directional signs...

But there is that rumor about Innoventions getting a blue and green overlay. Is that still on the table?

EPCOT Explorer

Hm, that might work. It would fit the purple/silver/blue motif of the directional signs...

But there is that rumor about Innoventions getting a blue and green overlay. Is that still on the table?

No idea, but I wouldn't mind. :lol:

And Martin has been talking about a FW Central Aesthetic Update for a while.:shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
And CCore's original color was purple.

I thought it was light blue just like Earth Station? And I really want purple to be gone, Future World's colors are blue and silver. I remember reading in a design article that the color purple represents insanity. Which, now come to think of it, seems more than appropriate considering Future World's current identity crisis.

EPCOT Explorer

I thought it was light blue just like Earth Station? And I really purple to be gone, Future World's colors are blue and silver.

Outside was Tan. Inside was very purple. :lol: So was the logo, if you remember. I was thinking more silver than purple and even when it *was* used, it would be minimally and more in a metallic fashion.

Blue and silver would work too.:D

EPCOT Explorer

To me, there is just something particularly cool and futuristic about blue and silver. Of course, it's entirely possible that EPCOT Center gave me that impression in the first place. :D

*looks at WDWMagic Skin*

*looks at old FW Central and CCore Court*

*looks at TL*

Yeah, I think you are right.:lol::lol::lol:

hpyhnt 1000

To me, there is just something particularly cool and futuristic about blue and silver. Of course, it's entirely possible that EPCOT Center gave me that impression in the first place. :D

*looks at WDWMagic Skin*

*looks at TL*

Hm, I think you two are on to something. :lol:

Still, there is some truth to that. A deep, bright blue with silver DOES look very sleek and futuristic. I also find red, black, and silver can do the same thing, but maybe thats just me. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Hm, I think you two are on to something. :lol:

Still, there is some truth to that. A deep, bright blue with silver DOES look very sleek and futuristic. I also find red, black, and silver can do the same thing, but maybe thats just me. :shrug:

Yeah, red has that effect too. See UoE, Mono Red, and the EPCOT Center Redbook.:D

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
*looks at WDWMagic Skin*

*looks at TL*

But of course, the designers didn't just arbitrarily choose those colors, they would be the best ones to convey the feeling they wanted. Silver is particularly futuristic, perhaps subconsciously conjuring images of gleaming spaceships and advanced robots. And then blue is certainly the most optimistic color. Futurism and optimism, the EPCOT fundamentals. Not madness/purple.

EpcotServo

The Living Seas looks good in blue.:lol: I never understood why it was tan in the first place.:lol:

Wrong.
*buzzer*

1-It does not look good in Baby Blue.

2-Living Seas was never tan, it was white. (Read the story about the CEO of United Technologies and John Hench. Hilarious.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom