Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

stitch2008

I wouldn't mind seeing Ford step in as sponsor, they are doing a tad bit better then GM. And on the plus side maybe we would get something on the order of The Magic Skyway from the '64 World's Fair.

That would intresting to see of Ford would be the sponser. I wonder what kind of changes they would want made to Test Track.:shrug:

PREMiERdrum

If Japan can make better cars than us' they could have a better Test Track exterior concept than us.

But, according to Consumer Reports, JD Power, IQS, and others, this isn't true.

I would love to see Ford as the sponsor... they'll be the only viable US automaker when this is all over, and their products are truly world-class.

comics101

If Japan can make better cars than us' they could have a better Test Track exterior concept than us.

The "Big Three" have fantastic concepts, designs, and ideas for new cars, the problem is the corperate culture and government regulations are always getting in the way.

Also, call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure the design of an Epcot pavillion and the design of cars are two completely different things. If Japan auto-makers do make better cars than those of the US, I don't see how that would effect design of TT.

Besides, I may be wrong, but doesn't WDI design attractions?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think Hyundai would make good sponsor for TT. They have great warranty on their product. Perhaps some some of that pride in manufacturing quality could rub off on the attraction.

Expo_Seeker40

WDI designs not only the attraction, but has critical input in the building, interior, and exterior.

GM and Disney had worked together long before EPCOT Center opened to ensure a proper Transportation Pavilion taylored to GM...who had plans at the time to sponsor the attraction for many decades....by the early 90s...they were doing one year contracts...and then finally worked with Disney to create a new, more thrilling attraction not only to suit Disney and it's guests, but to suit the needs of GM....Test Track...it's very American, "loud", and industrialized.

I highly doubt these sleeker,more trendy foreign car companies would accept such a gaudy exterior and loud interior to represent a test track at their facilities. Sure, the track layout, and cars may be the same...but I would expect different show scenes...and a completely revamped queue and post show.

The wand came down on behalf of Siemens after all.....and the UoE didn't go from red to yellow on it's exterior and use red fonts on it's signs by sheer coincidence that Exxon was sponsoring it. LOL

Rob562

I wouldn't mind seeing Ford step in as sponsor, they are doing a tad bit better then GM. And on the plus side maybe we would get something on the order of The Magic Skyway from the '64 World's Fair.

"Settle back, take command,
Hold tomorrow in your hand,
Get the feel of the wheel of a Ford...."

Yup, sounds about right for a Future World pavilion... :)

-Rob

alecshawn

It is talked about on other sites that there is a 99% chance that Toyota or Honda WILL be the next sponsor and a big refurb will be needed.
This would be a great thing. Honda,Toyota manufacture appox 70% of the cars/trucks they sell....right here in the USA.
Ford is not in much better shape than the SOON bankrupty GM,Chrysler.
I look for it to be Toyota. Honda has a big presence in DLR.
Either way, look for big improvements.
P.S. Toyota,Honda,Nissan,Subaru,BMW,Mercedes and Hyundai and even soon WV manufacture cars/trucks and minivans right here in America. That is American as one can get IMHO.
Here in Ohio alone, Honda makes the....Accord,Element,CRV,Acuras and Engines. Lots of good jobs. All at 4 different plants.

hpyhnt 1000

Give me Toyota, or give me death!!! :p Seriously, the red, silver, black colors of Toyota would look great along the sleek curves of the former WoM pavilion. Although, blue seems to be a popular color these days in Epcot, and Honda is blue and silver, and they also have divisions that go into motorcyccles, planes, etc, so they would really be, when you think about it, the best company to represent all things to do with "transporation."

Either way, bring on the foreign companies. Nothing against the "American" companies, but the imports just seem better positioned to present a truly futuristic, informative, and entertaining transportation experience. GMs had 25+ years; time to give someone else a shot.\

Incidentally, whatever happend to the talks between GM and Disney? I take it they didn't reach an agreement? If so, have the signs/refrences disappeared from TT yet? :veryconfu

EPCOT Explorer

Give me Toyota, or give me death!!! :p Seriously, the red, silver, black colors of Toyota would look great along the sleek curves of the former WoM pavilion. Although, blue seems to be a popular color these days in Epcot, and Honda is blue and silver, and they also have divisions that go into motorcyccles, planes, etc, so they would really be, when you think about it, the best company to represent all things to do with "transporation."

Either way, bring on the foreign companies. Nothing against the "American" companies, but the imports just seem better positioned to present a truly futuristic, informative, and entertaining transportation experience. GMs had 25+ years; time to give someone else a shot.\
EXACTLY!:D:sohappy: Honda= all things on the move.:D

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Incidentally, whatever happend to the talks between GM and Disney? I take it they didn't reach an agreement? If so, have the signs/refrences disappeared from TT yet? :veryconfu

I agree, Toyota and Honda are so far ahead of the "big" 3 in so many areas...and I do believe they would bring more "class" to the pavilion than the IN YOUR FACE look that it has now.

From what I read, GM will be the sponsor until the end of this year, then the sponsorship is ending

hpyhnt 1000

I agree, Toyota and Honda are so far ahead of the "big" 3 in so many areas...and I do believe they would bring more "class" to the pavilion than the IN YOUR FACE look that it has now.

From what I read, GM will be the sponsor until the end of this year, then the sponsorship is ending

Ah, okay, got it. Heh, its going to look a bit strange to have a bankrupt company (because just about all the signs indicate that GM WILL be filing for banruptcy protection) sponsoring a theme park attraction.

stitch2008

Today, when I think of Toyota, I think of Jeff Dunham: Spark of Insanity.:lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Wow... this thread is all over the road. :dazzle:

Any new UoE Exterior pictures? :confused: :veryconfu :confused: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom