Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

Expo_Seeker40

The post card picture was taken from the roof of the Transportation Pavilion (WoM/TT). :wave:

The trees.....really need to be trimmed. They have been good about the angeled hedges on both sides of the building, which have grown nicely over the years, but are cut at an angle to match the building. They usually plant a nice selection of plants at the base of the building, but for the past year or two they've overgrown beyond belief...and the dino topiaries are gone as well.

The biggest problem spots are the trees that are at the northwest corner of the building...and the trees that are starting to block the view of SSE from the northern end of Innoventions East.

Interesting note: I won on ebay a few years ago...original 9x12 black and white 1st Generation Prints of the September 1982 CM preview of EPCOT Center...complete with type-writer inked out description on the back from Disney explaining the description to be used when being published and there is a view of guests walking out of the UoE as the monorail goes by and it's interesting to note that the cement boarder that comes to an angle in front of the UoE...was originally painted pink....but.....it was already chipped and cracked before opening day....and it was repaired soon after. :lol:

Expo_Seeker40

I'm going home this weekend...so I will scan in the old picture and I took an "after" view of the same place in 2008 to show you how (badly) the icky treez have grown.

EPCOT Explorer

The post card picture was taken from the roof of the Transportation Pavilion (WoM/TT). :wave:

The trees.....reallllly need to be trimmed they have been really good about the angeled hedges on both sides of the building that have grown nicely over the years but are cut at an angle to match the building. They usually plant a nice selection of plants at the base of the building, but for the past year or two they've overgrown beyond belief...and the dino topiaries are gone too.

The biggest problem spots are the trees that sit right next to the northwest corner of the building...and the trees that are starting to block the view of SSE from the northern end of Innoventions East.

Interesting note: I won on ebay a few years ago...original 9x12 black and white 1st Generation Prints of the September 1982 CM preview of EPCOT Center...complete with type-writer inked out description on the back from Disney explaining the description to be used when being published and there is a view of guests walking out of the UoE as the monorail goes by and it's interesting to note that the cement boarder that comes to an angle in front of the UoE...was originally painted pink....but.....it was already chipped in broken before opening day....and it was repaired soon after. :lol:

Interesting stuff, Expo!:wave:

Think you can scan the picture in?

Expo_Seeker40

I'll have it done monday...I promise lol and I will post it in this thread

SO.......DESPERATE....FOR MORE UoE paint job pictures

(they need to start repainting the Earth Station blue again) :D

EPCOT Explorer

And then when you look the opposite way the ugly canopy in front of TT really takes away from the glorious architecture.

Indeed! The visual clutter all around EPCOT is really crazy. Makes me wonder what WDI was thinking...meanwhile, they build M:S and Project Tomorrow. That's what the EPCOT of today should look like. Sleek, metallic, subtle and glowing.:lol:

Expo_Seeker40

I truly believe if a Japanese car company takes over Test Track....we'll see the removal of the canopy...all the clutter signs, etc...and a more sleeker look...sort of an updated WoM exterior...except of the enclosed portico.

jt04

I truly believe if a Japanese car company takes over Test Track....we'll see the removal of the canopy...all the clutter signs, etc...and a more sleeker look...sort of an updated WoM exterior...except of the enclosed portico.

Music to my ears. They really need to fix the shiney aluminum siding too. It's really starting to look....un-Epcot-esque.

Of course my armchair reimagined WoM plan would fix all that.:D

EPCOT Explorer

*roots for Honda*

:D
Music to my ears. They really need to fix the shiney aluminum siding too. It's really starting to look....un-Epcot-esque.

Of course my armchair reimagined WoM plan would fix all that.:D

Woah, wha!? That's one of the more beautiful parts of the WoM! It is almost M:S/PT-esque, as I mentioned before!

And at night, it just stands there, shimmering and catching the light of SSE and JII.:D

EPCOT Explorer

I wouldn't mind seeing Ford step in as sponsor, they are doing a tad bit better then GM. And on the plus side maybe we would get something on the order of The Magic Skyway from the '64 World's Fair.

:sohappy::sohappy:

*puts that on iTunes*

Can we have it narrated by a Walt sound alike?:lol::eek:

Expo_Seeker40

Ford wanted to sponsor the Transporation Pavilion badly after the great success of Disney working with them for the 64 fair....but GM, who beat Ford at the world's fair in pavilion attendance... somehow got to the front of the line and became the first corporation to sign on with EPCOT Center in 1977....IRONY :hammer:

Expo_Seeker40

"Thank you Mr. Ford, and hello friends! You're currently seated in a prototype Ford automobile inclining through the lobby of Ford's Wonderful World of Motion...to the left you can see Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, The Universe of Energy, and Mission: Space...so...come with us now...as we journey into the future of transportation...." :D

jt04

*roots for Honda*

:D

Woah, wha!? That's one of the more beautiful parts of the WoM! It is almost M:S/PT-esque, as I mentioned before!

And at night, it just stands there, shimmering and catching the light of SSE and JII.:D

It's starting to show it's age. They at least need to replace it if they aren't willing to expand the pavillion. Of course I personally think they need to expand the facility as you know.

EPCOT Explorer

"Thank you Mr. Ford, and hello friends! You're currently seated in a prototype Ford automobile inclining through the lobby of Ford's Wonderful World of Motion...to the left you can see Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, The Universe of Energy, and Mission: Space...so...come with us now...as we journey into the future of transportation...." :D
YES!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

And please retain the high speed finale through the city of the future...:D:wave:
It's starting to show it's age. They at least need to replace it if they aren't willing to expand the pavillion. Of course I personally think they need to expand the facility as you know.
Maybe a cleanling...JII needs one too.

Expo_Seeker40

well...yes...and no

we can't have 15 min AA rides all over the place.

Future World needs a cosmetic makeover all over the place...more modest, clean cut color schemes, trimmed plants and hedges, new area music.

Starting with SSE....most of the ride works except for some of the narration, and no futuristic (or enthralling) descent. However...Project Tomorrow brings back the grand showroom space of Earth Station and the sleek and fun interactivity of Communicore.

Innoventions East and West are both in dire need of a cosmetic makeover...but they still offer fun and interesting interactive games and presentations...but it's not an inviting complex of buildings at all.

The Seas....lost to pixar

Living with the Land still retains it's message....circle of life...or maybe even Disney's Earth still shows us taking care of the land, the need for it's natural state,etc....just not as dry and as long as Symbiosis....Soarin' entertains, but needs to show the beauty of the land from around the world.

JII...needs a new show that pays tribute to the original show....but with updated sets and effects. The upstairs Imageworks could once again offer a great view of the park with a couple classics such as rainbow corridor and the pin station where your stick your hands into the boxes to make shapes...but new and more futuristic technology could move in as well. And then a new 3D...4D movie experience with Dreamfinder and Figment.

TT needs a new sponsor with a better focus on the future of transporation engineering and safety...with a sleeker exterior...and better postshow....ahem....TransCenter 2.0 anyone.

M:S needs a better interior design....very tacky....but the simulator can always change to a new destination when needed.....

WoL could become a weather pavilion with a great special effects show using it's dome.

UoE...should be a serious film again...but engaging....it doesn't need celebs or comics though....far too dramatic and serious of a topic now than it was in 1996.

Heading into World Showcase....the Odyssey should become a CM and guest convention space and meeting place for large parties, catored events, etc, and for special times of the years for food and wine, and flower and garden...the views from those windows are great.

Also....Kim Possible adventure....it will age quickly....they could do a great interactive spy game using unique characters made exclusively for world showcase...maybe even actual characters that you can meet or help rescue...a knight from the UK...a ninja, etc

World Showcase needs more exotic countries and more thrill rides.

HMF

If Japan can make better cars than us' they could have a better Test Track exterior concept than us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom