Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

Jasonflz

Does anyone see them inserting a Monsters Inc. or Wall-E theme when they do redo the theme of the ride. MI has a big energy theme to it and Wall-E shows what could happen if we dont find renewable energy sources.

Im hope they dont do either!!!

Yuck!:hurl:

Enchantâmes

Does anyone see them inserting a Monsters Inc. or Wall-E theme when they do redo the theme of the ride. MI has a big energy theme to it and Wall-E shows what could happen if we dont find renewable energy sources.

Im hope they dont do either!!!
Wall E yes, Monsters no. Monsters Inc. needs to stay out of Epcot, its already invaded Tomorrowland. :brick:

Jasonflz

Yea I dont want to see it either, it just sounds to me like something Disney would do.

:lol::cry: It does, doesn't it? I honestly think that Epcot has gotten a change of management what with the pre-1996 colors repainting. (I actually love the rainbow pattern)

All we need to do now is finish the SSE ending.

Expo_Seeker40

so....let's say they were thinking about updating the attraction within a few years ;)

I watched today the old version of UoE and noticed a few things:

while very scientific, the old version was sporatic.

the preshow went in no real pattern about energy forms...except it loosely explained various energy forms and how we controlled them.

then theater 1...BOOOM...fossil fuels in your face....diorama...and then once again a sporatic presentation in theater 2.

If a new UoE is done soon....which I think will happen sooner than later....I wouldn't be surprised if Disney dropped a celebrity on screen....and did an ala SSE with a dramatic but known voice with a few "remember how easy it was to fill up your car, think the oilmen, they got it for you".

I doubt the radok screens would ever come back, but even on flat screens a new preshow with patterns, colors, and content could do a better 8 min show explaining the UoE from natural to manmade elements....then a brief showing of what we will later see

enter theater 1....brighter curtains......and the film picks off from the preshow better explaining and with new graphics the formation of fussil fuels, their use, etc....and then we get to explore what helped make them...the dinos!

A better diroama with more use of 1982 effects....please

theater 2, and a presentation that not only shows other energy sources, but shows how they are being used, where, when and why. Get people engaged...show where we are going with this....try not to use too many statistics...it may date the show (though any presentation on energy is bound to become dated quickly :cry:)

Bring back some stock footage of the UoE being built...and then new footage of it in use with the traveling theater

then back to theater 1 with a new 360 mirror graphics finale

oh yes....a sponsor would be needed to help pay for the bill :lol:

that way....the preshow and finale can stay around for a while....same thing with the theater 1 film and diorama...only thing that would need to change is some scenes or narration in theater 2....the most expensive being the cost to get the cameras out to film footage...but less of a cost to hire a new voice that would be needed to rerecord the entire attraction when need be.

SirNim

Only in an Epcot thread would a park dedicated to the future have people calling for the return of 27 year old technology...:ROFLOL:
2010 technology that recreates and "enchances" the immersive experience envisioned 27 years ago by artisans and storytellers.

;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They should get rid of the theaters all together and replace them with extra scenes.
2 new scenes? That`s all there is room for.

Don`t forget there was a fantastic alternate proposed for 1996 - but they went with the Ellen option instead.

Try a thread search for concept art and rough story.

comics101

2 new scenes? That`s all there is room for.

Don`t forget there was a fantastic alternate proposed for 1996 - but they went with the Ellen option instead.

Try a thread search for concept art and rough story.

I can't find anything either. Please give a link or share a little more info. I'm Intrigued!

SirNim

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20190&d=1117811185

The details are a bit sketchy; I know it was a future-themed attraction, rather clinical in the style of T2:3D in physical appearance. The diorama would have been updated to include the death of dinosaurs. Lots of in theatre visual effects too as well as the existing screens.
That concept art looks like one of two things:

(1) The Firefox logo, or
(2) the typical portrayal of that mythological Firebird, the Phoenix

Neat!

DoctorPrius

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20190&d=1117811185

The details are a bit sketchy; I know it was a future-themed attraction, rather clinical in the style of T2:3D in physical appearance. The diorama would have been updated to include the death of dinosaurs. Lots of in theatre visual effects too as well as the existing screens.

There was also a non cartoon tie-in propsal to update the living seas. Why is Disney run by idiots and more importantly, why do people on this forum defend there decisions???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom