Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

SoccerMickey

Well, the Imagination Institute theme is one of the pieces in the main entrance loop, along with Golden Dream, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Mission: SPACE, One Little Spark, Soarin' (lifted verbatim out of the ride film :brick:), and The Living Seas. There is actually a recurring main theme throughout the loop unique to the main entrance plaza, that is title Legacy on the Walt Disney World Official Album.

Do they still play the Living Seas music on the entrance loop. I know they added the turtle music from Finding Nemo (film) to the loop and it plays after Soarin'

Jerm

So now that this has turned into a BGM talk, has anyone gone on it? I am not expecting anything amazing, but I am sure something looks better that we can hear about.

jt04

So now that this has turned into a BGM talk, has anyone gone on it? I am not expecting anything amazing, but I am sure something looks better that we can hear about.

Last I heard the ride is down for maintanence again but it did open for a couple hours

dandaman

Well, the Imagination Institute theme is one of the pieces in the main entrance loop, along with Golden Dream, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Mission: SPACE, One Little Spark, Soarin' (lifted verbatim out of the ride film :brick:), and The Living Seas. There is actually a recurring main theme throughout the loop unique to the main entrance plaza, that is title Legacy on the Walt Disney World Official Album.

I'm basing it off the Mousebits version I have (2001, I believe) with no Soarin'. :lol: That recurring theme is the one I was talking about, only I kept hearing it in the Imagination pavillion last month. Curious.

Does anyone know if the "holding pen", slightly-slower version of Soarin's score is available for download? (And also for the purpose of keeping this loosely on topic :lol:, the rest of Broughton's UoE score?)

EPCOT Explorer

I'm basing it off the Mousebits version I have (2001, I believe) with no Soarin'. :lol: That recurring theme is the one I was talking about, only I kept hearing it in the Imagination pavillion last month. Curious.

Does anyone know if the "holding pen", slightly-slower version of Soarin's score is available for download? (And also for the purpose of keeping this loosely on topic :lol:, the rest of Broughton's UoE score?)

Both on Mousebits,I believe.

I think I have them....*goes to search*

Rob562

....I think Raven ment a joke like "a new rollercoaster loop" :cry:

I read the "problems with the loop" and presumed raven meant the loop of wire in the floor that the vehicles follow...

Are you talking about the waiting area before the pre-show video where you're watching the names fly by on the screen? I haven't seen that online, but the unload/load music in the theater is available on Mousebits.

As for the rest of the Energy score, the only one I've ever found that sounded like source material was the pre-pre-show music. All of the others sounded like in-theater live recordings.

Oh, and while we're talking about UoE, I came across this little tidbit on YouTube the other day... A video of them resetting the ride vehicles after it went 101, backing them from the diorama into Theater 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLsqzkYVhbs
(Turns out the Maintenance CMs really DO straddle the wheelchair access door while driving.) :)

-Rob

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Do they still play the Living Seas music on the entrance loop. I know they added the turtle music from Finding Nemo (film) to the loop and it plays after Soarin'

Nope...It's gone. All the music is from FN. It's not bad, but they really could have mixed in the original.

I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that Finding Nemo material is in the main entrance BGM. Can't say I've ever heard it in there, and The Living Seas is definitely still in there. That's one of them that I like to whistle along with. (Okay, okay, maybe I like whistling along with the whole thing) :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that Finding Nemo material is in the main entrance BGM. Can't say I've ever heard it in there, and The Living Seas is definitely still in there. That's one of them that I like to whistle along with. (Okay, okay, maybe I like whistling along with the whole thing) :lol:

I was talking about the loop in front of The Seas itself, not the MAIN entrance loop.

TheDisneyMagic

You are correct Mr.Epcot, the last time the main entrance Plaza was updated was back in 2006 and the Seas with Nemo and Friends was definately not added to it.

As for the Energy scores, the Exit music is available commercially, the load music I believe there is a very good recording, I can't remember if I got it from Mouse Bits or Disney-Central (If anyone wan't it I will happily send it to them) I would like to be able to get a mix of the load music with the new Safety Spiels (English and Spanish) I do have recordings someone done on Mousebits of the Spiels which I may just mix in with the load someday.

The exterior BGM is floating around, again I think this is just a very good recording as there is no disturbance at all.

As for the main show, never seen any form of Source Material going around, there are some good recordings (my favourite is by a guy called Dan Smith) of the show but during some loud sections it does distort slightly.

Again if anyone would like any of these, I will send them to you, obiously apart from the Exit music as that can be purchased.

Expo_Seeker40

Thread Drift :lookaroun :D

1.)The tiled wall at the entrance to UoE.....somewhere on that wall is a little white square representing Earth....where is that exactly?

2.)Also, it had been mentioned that the original theater curtains were lavendar, and yet on Martin's tribute video they appear to be gold. :shrug: :lookaroun

3.) Wasn't there a musty smell in the old Diorama? My Grandparents keep saying that the ride had a distinct smell (assuming someone didn't pass gas next to them in the 80s) BTW...other than some animals changing positions, color, etc....has the Diorama lost alot of it's effects? :cry:

4.) In Martin's tribute video, when you enter theater 2....while waiting for the other cars to enter the theater....there was a map on the walls with lights showing places you would soon visit.....these weren't on the screen were they? They were actually at our level on the walls? I wonder if they still exist, but just not lit up?

SirGoofy

3.) Wasn't there a musty smell in the old Diorama? My Grandparents keep saying that the ride had a distinct smell (assuming someone didn't pass gas next to them in the 80s) BTW...other than some animals changing positions, color, etc....has the Diorama lost alot of it's effects? :cry:

Yea, I'm pretty sure there were a lot of cool effects were lost when EEA came along.

jt04

1.)The tiled wall at the entrance to UoE.....somewhere on that wall is a little white square representing Earth....where is that exactly?

2.)Also, it had been mentioned that the original theater curtains were lavendar, and yet on Martin's tribute video they appear to be gold. :shrug: :lookaroun

4.) In Martin's tribute video, when you enter theater 2....while waiting for the other cars to enter the theater....there was a map on the walls with lights showing places you would soon visit.....these weren't on the screen were they? They were actually at our level on the walls? I wonder if they still exist, but just not lit up?

It definitely had a musty "swamp" smell. Sulpher perhaps.

EPCOT Explorer

1) Never heard of that, EVER. Can you tell us more?

3)There was...It was sulfur from the lava. Effect might be gone now. Or the other musty scent of age of the pav. has overtaken it. :lol: And yeah, there used to be a ton of effects in the Dinorama.:(

4) I think they were where the screens are now. Not sure though..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
has the Diorama lost alot of it's effects?
Way too many.
2.)Also, it had been mentioned that the original theater curtains were lavendar, and yet on Martin's tribute video they appear to be gold.
I still recall them being a gold/silver colour.

The illuminated wall maps were ripped out in 1996 along with most of what gave the attraction character. As were the wall monitors. I believe the CM console is still in place but dressed.

Funny tidbit... for version 1.5 they had already ripped out the maps and monitors, yet the v1 spiel mentioned them. They had to record a new spiel as you entered theatre 2 that didn`t reference them, and it was possibly the only spiel that was year specific in the dialogue (welcome back folks, to 1996....)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom