Universe of Energy being unrepainted!

tirian

It kind of looks like the Yellow has been moved forward to the front of the building compared to the original color scheme. If you look at the original pics there are a few shades of Red and Orange before the Yellow starts.

Example:
arc_driven.jpg

I think they moved the yellow up because the trees now cover half of the sides of UoE. You would only see red, red-orange, and orange, and the contrast would be lost. The change makes sense to me.

Enchantâmes

Yay! UoE has finally gotten at least some love! :)
Now all we need is prisms, gold curtains, mirrors and 2 songs pulled out of the closet! :sohappy:

Brian_B

this has made my week. A small part of the rightful order has finally been restored. May the horrific late-90s UoE colors join the wand in "let us never speak of it again" purgatory.

Huck

Not to be the nay-sayer (I am also very hopeful), but with only one section painted it is impossible to predict the pattern. They could just as easily be painting the in-between spaces in a rainbow of colors. (And I hate to sound so negative, but these days I sort-of expect them to make decisions that just miss greatness only to end up being half-baked)

Crossing fingers and hoping (once again) that they prove me wrong.:zipit:

OK...
OP was right! Just wanted to call myself out!
Oh yeah, and..

YAY!:sohappy:

I do love the original Epcot Center color scheme!

PS I get to see it in person Sunday!!!!!!!

raven

How are we sure that this is only a cosmetic rehab? After all, the colors were redone to rainbow when Ellen moved in. The changing of the colors may signify something else.

Because that's how it was announced to Disney CMs back in January when it went down.

Bluewaves

I wish they would cut back the trees so it actually looked like an attraction and not Universe of over grown oaks or whatever they are, even though I have to say the greening up of Future World over the years has been nice, the shade is probably saving them money on air conditioning.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I tried going on Universe of Energy around 6 PM yesterday, but it was down and never reopened. The Cast Member there said that'd it work for a couple of hours and go down again.

raven

I tried going on Universe of Energy around 6 PM yesterday, but it was down and never reopened. The Cast Member there said that'd it work for a couple of hours and go down again.

Yeah, still some problems with the new loop I guess. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom