Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

Fun2BFree

These posts keep getting more and more sophisticated...

It is my fond wish that somehow the thread might get back on track.

I'll start: Universal's new attractions won't change the status quo in Orlando, just like IoA made practically zero impact -- Disney can rest safe. WDW is already established as the premiere vacation destination in Orlando, and can only benefit from increased tourism because of Potter. The number of people who forego WDW altogether for Universal is miniscule, and this is hardly likely to increase any sizeable amount. Competition is good for the customer, but unfortunately in this case, a win for Universal is also a win for Disney -- Potter will increase Orlando park attendance across the board.

Gambit

Here a just a few pictures from The Nassal Co. The company that's making most of the stuff for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There's about 30 high-res pictures over on Vinylnation.

dsc0001m.jpg

dsc0035xjc.jpg

Photos Courtesy of: Disneyhead

hack2112

Bloody brilliant. I'm seriously in awe of that first pic. They've got Hogwarts down to a tee.
Of course they do. Would you really expect anything else from Uni/ Blackstone?

Seriously, Blackstone has been nothing but amazing for Uni, since they're an investment corporation, which means they know they need to spend money to make money. Case in point, TWWoHP.

Jasonflz

That looks amazing. Disney has been making little effort and spending little money lately which is disappointing whereas Universal is going for first prize with one of the coolest additions to any theme park I have seen for the last 10 years.

Thurp

So that's what they do! I drive past that company every morning.... I need to pay more attention next time. How could I have missed those buildings? :shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Of course they do. Would you really expect anything else from Uni/ Blackstone?

Seriously, Blackstone has been nothing but amazing for Uni, since they're an investment corporation, which means they know they need to spend money to make money. Case in point, TWWoHP.
Well...in this case it's Uni Creative with JKR breathing down their neck. Doing it in a way that is not to her satisfaction is not an option. They had one small clash, the law was laid down....hence it looks great.

jt04

Well...in this case it's Uni Creative with JKR breathing down their neck. Doing it in a way that is not to her satisfaction is not an option. They had one small clash, the law was laid down....hence it looks great.

Gotta give her credit for that.

Fun2BFree

Gotta give her credit for that.

Yep, it's JKR that wears the pants in the WWoHP marriage -- Universal daren't go against her or risk losing such a lucrative franchise. Which is obviously best for the park-goer, so let the good times keep on rowling.

Pete C

Original Poster
Wow, looks awesome! That area is going to be just incredible to walk through...I can't wait. And don't forget they will surely have that wonderful soundtrack pumping throughout the land. I guess the whole area will be snow-covered, which could look really neat...perhaps hard to keep clean though.

Pete C

Original Poster
Yep, it's JKR that wears the pants in the WWoHP marriage -- Universal daren't go against her or risk losing such a lucrative franchise. Which is obviously best for the park-goer, so let the good times keep on rowling.

Did this have any bearing on why Disney didn't get the contract? Not enough control?

jt04

Kaley and Division Ave. The only Kaley exit if traveling I-4 Eastbound (turn right,) the 2nd Kaley exit traveling I-4 Westbound (also turn right.) Drive pass the light, it'll be on your left.

Thanks. Now where is my telephoto lens?

EPCOT Explorer

We need to get someone breathing down WDI's neck...:lookaroun:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom