Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

Jasonflz

In all honesty, J.K. Rowling really deserves congratulations for making sure the creative team stayed on every minute detail and designed something close to her vision. (As well as the filmakers vision.) Disney's team is far too loose and while they can be creative when necessary they are kind of lazy when it comes down to focusing on an extreme concept with a tight(er) budget. I am pretty sure the Hogwarts castle won't have bare building sticking out the backside like a certain mountain in DAK.

EPCOT Explorer

In all honesty, J.K. Rowling really deserves congratulations for making sure the creative team stayed on every minute detail and designed something close to her vision. (As well as the filmakers vision.) Disney's team is far too loose and while they can be creative when necessary they are kind of lazy when it comes down to focusing on an extreme concept with a tight(er) budget. I am pretty sure the Hogwarts castle won't have bare building sticking out the backside like a certain mountain in DAK.

:zipit:

But that's another thread.

Jasonflz

:lol: Who cares? I never really got the big deal over E:E and it's not being themed....where you can't see it.:rolleyes::lol:

:eek: You can see it. Like said above, it is easily viewable from the car park. That was actually my first impression of EE, a bare buildin with rocks around it.:cry:

Lee

Adventurer
I have no problem with EE and it's non-mountain backside. None whatsoever.
Now, attractions/queues with unthemed ceilings...starting to annoy me.

Jasonflz

I have no problem with EE and it's non-mountain backside. None whatsoever.
Now, attractions/queues with unthemed ceilings...starting to annoy me.

:lol: Same here!

I was in the Simpsons Ride not too long ago and noticed how ugly the ceiling looked(when you enter the first waiting room). They try to cover it up with christmas lights but it just sticks out in your face.

hack2112

Well...in this case it's Uni Creative with JKR breathing down their neck. Doing it in a way that is not to her satisfaction is not an option. They had one small clash, the law was laid down....hence it looks great.
Yes, but the original backing for the project had to come from somewhere.

And I'm talking as a whole about how Blackstone has really brought quality back to the park. And the ability to build giant lavish projects.

Lee

Adventurer
And I'm talking as a whole about how Blackstone has really brought quality back to the park. And the ability to build giant lavish projects.

And Universal Studios' 1 Billion dollar debt rises and rises.

Yep.
Uni/Blackstone is spending money....but really digging a hole that will take a while to get out of.
With Potter they basically just opened up their wallets. Rolling the dice big time by giving JKR full veto powers over anything and everything, and by basing the centerpiece attraction on an untested, unproven, and potentially unreliable ride system. (Recycled from an older concept.)
WWoHP has the potential to go a long way toward getting them back on financial track, but it is a huge gamble.
(What will be kinda funny....If JKR rides the ride before opening and doesn't like it. She could well pull the plug even at that point, or delay opening until it meets her satisfaction.)

SirGoofy

(What will be kinda funny....If JKR rides the ride before opening and doesn't like it. She could well pull the plug even at that point, or delay opening until it meets her satisfaction.)

Holy cow, she could do that?

Wow. The scary part is I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

EpcotServo

Yeesh. Tough crowd, Tough crowd...

Tips off Hard Hat and wipes sweat off brow*

Lee

Adventurer
"No, I'm sorry....those rocks just aren't rocky enough. Tear them out and do them right, please.
Oh? What's that? You were opening next week? Well.....you were."
story25637f39f08120007cf323245b4c300a.jpg

EpcotServo

"No, I'm sorry....those rocks just aren't rocky enough. Tear them out and do them right, please.
Oh? What's that? You were opening next week? Well.....you were."

"It's too hot. It's never this hot in the Potterverse."

"Ummmm...it's Florida mam."

"That's not good enough! Tear it all down."

"All?"

"I want it colder. It's also too big."

"Too big?"

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom