Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

scpergj

To be honest, if the first book you read is Sorcerers Stone, there's a good chance you may not find it interesting at first. It took me a while to get into that book, but I stuck with it and now I've read them all countless times. Sometimes you have to give something a chance beyond one or two chapters. Like, if you went into the Adventurers Club for 15 minutes, you probably wouldn't like it or get it. You have to at least spend and an hour or two before deciding you don't like it.

I couldn't even imagine watching the HP movies without reading the books. I don't think the movies can stand alone.

Reading his recent posts, I sincerly doubt he'd ever set foot in the AC. Remember, he know's all about this wonderful 'vision' that WDW has for the area formerly known as Pleasure Island.

Of course, with spending as much time posting about things he admits he know's nothing about except what he "believes" is happening and what his "experience" tells him, I'd bet he doesn't have time to read a book.

imagineer boy

When I first read Harry Potter I really didn't get hooked until they made it to hogwarts.

As for the movies, its hard for me to guage which ones I like and like the least because each one has its high positives and low negatives:

SS- Pros: Captures look and feel of books perfectly and John William's score is awesome.

Cons: A little long and pace is kind of slow.

CoS- Pros: Loved Dobby, follows book well.

Cons: Too long and slow and lame ending.

PoA- Pros: New original look, better pace, and best John Williams score ever.

Cons: Doesn't explain Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs plot lines well enough.

GoF- Pros: Follows book well, Fiennes is awesome as Voldemort.

Cons: Raging Dumbledore scenes were odd and Moaning Myrtle scene was very awkward.

OotP- Pros: Looks great, action scenes are superb and Umbridge is done perfectly.

Cons: Too short and leaves a ton of great stuff from the book out.

Very much looking forward to Half Blood Prince though. I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.:D

EPCOT Explorer

The writing isn't at a very high level, I'll agree. But the level of creativity is astounding. To create such a vibrant world in a time when every IP is a rehash of something from 30 years ago deserves credit.

Order is my favorite as well.:wave:

As for DH being 2 movies, I'm okay with it. The first one will be a bit boring, and the second will pretty much be all action, but it'll be nice to have everything from the book in the movies.

I kinda agree. It's odd though...How will they end Pt1?

And how much time will be between the two?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom