Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Went to the last one for the first time. Fell asleep. I don't get the Pottermania at all. Just hoping it translates better to a theme park.

Im guessing but Id imagine theres a whole host of things you "just dont get" Jt, reality being one. :dazzle:

Thurp

Went to the last one for the first time. Fell asleep. I don't get the Pottermania at all. Just hoping it translates better to a theme park.

I gotta agree with you. I had no interest in HP, but my friends took me to the first 2 movies. I also fell sleep during both of them. I even tried to read the first book, I didn't make it past the 2nd chapter before I got bored.

However, like most of us here, I can appreciate immersive theming and good story-telling so I am looking forward to what Universal is creating. And if the ride inside of the Potterbox is as good as people in the know say it will be, then I think I'll enjoy the land or island.

jt04

I gotta agree with you. I had no interest in HP, but my friends took me to the first 2 movies. I also fell sleep during both of them. I even tried to read the first book, I didn't make it past the 2nd chapter before I got bored.

However, like most of us here, I can appreciate immersive theming and good story-telling so I am looking forward to what Universal is creating. And if the ride inside of the Potterbox is as good as people in the know say it will be, then I think I'll enjoy the land or island.

Exactly. If it is half as good as people are saying I will be very happy.

CaptainMichael

To be honest, if the first book you read is Sorcerers Stone, there's a good chance you may not find it interesting at first. It took me a while to get into that book, but I stuck with it and now I've read them all countless times. Sometimes you have to give something a chance beyond one or two chapters. Like, if you went into the Adventurers Club for 15 minutes, you probably wouldn't like it or get it. You have to at least spend and an hour or two before deciding you don't like it.

I couldn't even imagine watching the HP movies without reading the books. I don't think the movies can stand alone.

EPCOT Explorer

To be honest, if the first book you read is Sorcerers Stone, there's a good chance you may not find it interesting at first. It took me a while to get into that book, but I stuck with it and now I've read them all countless times. Sometimes you have to give something a chance beyond one or two chapters. Like, if you went into the Adventurers Club for 15 minutes, you probably wouldn't like it or get it. You have to at least spend and an hour or two before deciding you don't like it.

I couldn't even imagine watching the HP movies without reading the books. I don't think the movies can stand alone.
Agreed. But 50 pages in and BOOM. Your in.:lol:

And the movies can't...:rolleyes: Movie I or II but III and on? No way.:brick:

Jasonflz

I really liked the Second one and the first was fun. Not a big fan of three and I didn't care much for Four. I barely remember Five.

Jasonflz

Actually I like Order Of Phoenix best.:D

Since we are drifting off what does everyone think about DH being two movies.

SirGoofy

Enh, the Harry Potter books are highly overrated. Now Goblet of Fire though, THAT'S a great one. Best one by far.

The writing isn't at a very high level, I'll agree. But the level of creativity is astounding. To create such a vibrant world in a time when every IP is a rehash of something from 30 years ago deserves credit.

Actually I like Order Of Phoenix best.:D

Since we are drifting off what does everyone think about DH being two movies.

Order is my favorite as well.:wave:

As for DH being 2 movies, I'm okay with it. The first one will be a bit boring, and the second will pretty much be all action, but it'll be nice to have everything from the book in the movies.

Jasonflz

The writing isn't at a very high level, I'll agree. But the level of creativity is astounding. To create such a vibrant world in a time when every IP is a rehash of something from 30 years ago deserves credit.

Order is my favorite as well.:wave:

As for DH being 2 movies, I'm okay with it. The first one will be a bit boring, and the second will pretty much be all action, but it'll be nice to have everything from the book in the movies.

:sohappy:

Dh being two movies is a really good marketing plan. Since HP usually has biggest opening weekend the money earned on the first one will be doubled by people who want to see the second one. I wouldn't doubt if it became one of the highest grossing films because of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom