Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

Jasonflz

I'd make an ever lower budget film called "Man Slaps Teen Girl in Face With DVD Copy of 1931 Dracula Film Because That's What a Real Vampire Movie Is".

It's pretty much what it sounds like, for 90 minutes.

i have to fully agree. Twilight is the worst excuse for a vampire film.

coasterphil

I'd be more excited if they weren't using the Kuka Arm system. I've never enjoyed the robocoasters I've ridden in the past, they just aren't very comfortable or fun.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'd be more excited if they weren't using the Kuka Arm system. I've never enjoyed the robocoasters I've ridden in the past, they just aren't very comfortable or fun.

It can barely manage to power the Nemo effects at DL and WDW. I would be very concerened about reliability.

SirGoofy

It can barely manage to power the Nemo effects at DL and WDW. I would be very concerened about reliability.

You know, I think it's hilarious. If this exact same ride was being built for Disney, and someone said this exact same thing on a thread devoted to it, the Pixie Dusters would swoop in and yell at them for being a Doom and Gloomer. Boy, do I love double standards.

Fun2BFree

Hopefully some media attention for their lack of activity will do something. Cuz obviously they don't give a spit about what the fans think.

Which corporation does care genuinely about their fans?

At the end of the day, DCA has swallowed most of the budget, and WDW is doing its best to weather the economic storm currently. There was an unprecedented rate of expansion since the Millennium for Disney while Universal practically stagnated after IoA. Now that Uni are finally doing something doesn't mean that WDW is in risk of huge attendance drops -- that kind of alarmist "sky-is-falling" attitude is just ridiculous.

SirGoofy

At the end of the day, DCA has swallowed most of the budget, and WDW is doing its best to weather the economic storm currently. There was an unprecedented rate of expansion since the Millennium for Disney while Universal practically stagnated after IoA. Now that Uni are finally doing something doesn't mean that WDW is in risk of huge attendance drops -- that kind of alarmist "sky-is-falling" attitude is just ridiculous.

:rolleyes:

It's been said time and time again that the DCA budget means NOTHING to WDW. They still get their budget and they do nothing with it.

Where was this "sky is falling attitude"? I WANT Disney's attendance to drop. I want something to open their eyes in Orlando so they quit giving us mediocre offerings.

Buried20KLeague

Ah, but is that a function of the engineering of the arm, or a maintenance upkeep issue? :drevil:

:lol:

These arms have been in constant use in major industrial situations for years and years... Just as harsh an environment as I would think Uni's would be.

Anyone know how often Legoland has issues with breakdowns?

Fun2BFree

Where was this "sky is falling attitude"? I WANT Disney's attendance to drop. I want something to open their eyes in Orlando so they quit giving us mediocre offerings.

HP will be very popular, but it won't cause WDW attendance to drop. If anything, it will draw people to Florida that will visit Universal alongside WDW, rather than ignoring Disney altogether. The sky won't fall as WDW won't see any dent in its attendance because of Potter.

SirGoofy

HP will be very popular, but it won't cause WDW attendance to drop. If anything, it will draw people to Florida that will visit Universal alongside WDW, rather than ignoring Disney altogether. The sky won't fall as WDW won't see any dent in its attendance because of Potter.

Which is a shame. Meaning we'll probably get the same attitude they've given us.

"No matter what we do, they will come."

devoy1701

Good response. SirGoofy is right to some extent, it's not so much that the 2 domestic resorts share the same budget and that DCA has taken most of that budget. The two resorts have distinctive seperate budgets. But the Walt Disney Co has sent alot of EXTRA money towards the DCA ontop of the normal expansion budget...not that it would have gone to WDW otherwise...but any chance of additional funding from the company for incredibly huge expansion plan/new attractions definitely has a slim chance of happening with the amount of money being spent on DCA.

Just wanted to point out that like another thread said, MK is finally getting some much needed attention on existing attractions and buildings. I'm hoping that there is a "lets fix up what we've got then move on to something new" attitude going on there...

SirGoofy

Just wanted to point out that like another thread said, MK is finally getting some much needed attention on existing attractions and buildings. I'm hoping that there is a "lets fix up what we've got then move on to something new" attitude going on there...

I agree. Not only did MK look the best I've seen it in quite sometime this past week when I was there. But the park is seriously strained with three of its attractions down, and needs a big, people eating addition if they plan on doing rolling e-ticket refurbs.

"If you build nothing, they will still come."

Sad, but true.

Scrooge McDuck

I agree that the new additions at Universal Studios, and SeaWorld will likely help Disney. Lots of people stay at the WDW resorts, and visit the other two theme parks.

I think in some ways, new additions to the other theme parks makes it easier for Disney not to do anything at WDW. Most people who visit central Florida for any reason, spend some time at WDW, so if people come to see Harry Potter and Manta, TDO figures they will spend some time with the Mouse too.

Buried20KLeague

I agree that the new additions at Universal Studios, and SeaWorld will likely help Disney. Lots of people stay at the WDW resorts, and visit the other two theme parks.

I think in some ways, new additions to the other theme parks makes it easier for Disney not to do anything at WDW. Most people who visit central Florida for any reason, spend some time at WDW, so if people come to see Harry Potter and Manta, TDO figures they will spend some time with the Mouse too.

Well THAT'S a spooky (and entirely plausible) way to look at it. :lookaroun

EpcotServo

i have to fully agree. Twilight is the worst excuse for a vampire film.

No, Twilight is the worst excuse for anything made, ever.

It's probably because nearly everyone under 18 in this country doesn't have good taste anymore. When Toonami died, any hope for children having smart sensibilities in this country died with it. Pray there are some out there with the time and initiative to seek out things that are actually cool, smart, or relevant.

CaptainMichael

Allow my lsat-addled mind to shed some light on this discussion...."lumos!":

See, I think the opposite. People will still come to Walt Disney World, but they will spend more time and most importanly, money at Universal and Sea World than in previous years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom