Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

CaptainMichael

Hello blinking red light...:dazzle: I thought it was ride building, my mistake.

But seriously? I hardly think that something that's just going to be a attraction will be comparable to the icon of Walt Disney World.

But we shall see. It's not built yet.:lol:

That damned red light...so annoying. Imagine if that silly law didn't exist!

It is a ride building...at least some of it; however, there will be explorable areas, interactive elements, and a restaurant all inside it.

I'm worried about the size restrictions here. Most of the 199' seems to be taken up by the cliff the castle is on. There is going to be alot of forced perspective to the point where it may be obvious.

It won't be comparable to Cinderella Castle. Marketing has that engraved in our heads too deep, but it will do wonders for the skyline and attendance of IoA.

Lee

Adventurer
But seriously? I hardly think that something that's just going to be a attraction will be comparable to the icon of Walt Disney World.
Gonna be interesting, for sure.
Cindy's castle is an icon, no doubt. But...when fully built and themed...Hogwarts is gonna be awesome. It's where the bulk of the money is going over there, and where JKR has been the most...um...hands-on.
Can't wait to see this puppy finished.

Attachments

• Hogwartsjpg.jpg
    Hogwartsjpg.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 53

CaptainMichael

Cindy's castle is an icon, no doubt. But...when fully built and themed...Hogwarts is gonna be awesome. It's where the bulk of the money is going over there, and where JKR has been the most...um...hands-on.

The model looks great, but I am concerned that the mountain it sits on is so big.

EPCOT Explorer

That damned red light...so annoying. Imagine if that silly law didn't exist!

It is a ride building...at least some of it; however, there will be explorable areas, interactive elements, and a restaurant all inside it.

I'm worried about the size restrictions here. Most of the 199' seems to be taken up by the cliff the castle is on. There is going to be alot of forced perspective to the point where it may be obvious.

It won't be comparable to Cinderella Castle. Marketing has that engraved in our heads too deep, but it will do wonders for the skyline and attendance of IoA.
I hate that law...:fork:

It's going to be interesting...

Ah, good pic. Your Avvie was a bit hard to see...

The model looks great, but I am concerned that the mountain it sits on is so big.
Right, the mountain just looks awkward.:shrug: They are going to have to use very good themeing on the rocks/grass on the mountain for this to work. Forced perspective too- but how will it compare when you walk around that part of the castle? Will everything be smaller? :shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, the mountain is the show building...which is ginormous! It already looms over the park. Can't imagine how imposing it will be with the castle on top.
Show building looming over JP...half the height of the full structure:

Attachments

• feb09 062.jpg
    feb09 062.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 44

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, the mountain is the show building...which is ginormous! It already looms over the park. Can't imagine how imposing it will be with the castle on top.
Show building looming over JP...half the height of the full structure:

Can't see the pic too well, but yes, this is going to look strange.

I think that's another fault :)lookaroun Sorry!) I find with Uni. It looks to be too over the top. Nothing seems subtle.:shrug:

RiversideBunny

For the area in the concept art, what will the guests be able to do there?
Will it be like the Swiss Family Tree House where they just walk through?
If so, it might not be a repeat attraction.

The concept art doesn't show what must be some action items - maybe.

:)

EPCOT Explorer

From what I've heard, it will be highly interactive, offer great views and it has a ride in it.:shrug:

CaptainMichael

The concept art that has been released mostly shows the exteriors of buildings and the overall land; however, there are two pieces of art that show the interior of the Three Broomsticks (Pub/restaurant) and one of the shops.

The land will include a retheme of Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn, a new highly themed robotic-armed dark ride, interactive elements, and the ability to build/choose your own wand that can be used to do "magic" throughout the WWoHP.

SirGoofy

The concept art that has been released mostly shows the exteriors of buildings and the overall land; however, there are two pieces of art that show the interior of the Three Broomsticks (Pub/restaurant) and one of the shops.

The land will include a retheme of Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn, a new highly themed robotic-armed dark ride, interactive elements, and the ability to build/choose your own wand that can be used to do "magic" throughout the WWoHP.

Yea, what he said. The interactive elements of this place will make Kim Possible and TSm heads spin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom