Two tourists abducted, robbed after leaving Downtown Disney

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Well, I for one saw an actual fist fight at Universal, but never one at Disney.
I've seen a few of them at WDW. None at BET though, but in all fairness, I don't like BET except on Monday when they play Monday Night Football

PigletIsMyCat

From the news story linked above..

Family members said there were no surveillance cameras in that Disney parking lot

How would the family members in CT know this for a fact? And from what I was told, there are surveillance cameras at DTD parking lot.

Also, I have to admit I am surprised at the number of people who carry concealed weapons or are interested in carrying concealed weapons. Of course, I'm a pacifist and don't approve of handguns for the general public. But I do understand that since the general public has, in the past, been allowed to carry weapons, the bad guys have the weapons now too, and people definitely have a right ot defend themselves. Where I used to live, I only knew four people with guns: two of them were NYPC/PAPD cops, one of them was a regular hunter, and one was a friends dad who was active military.

EPCOT.nut

PigletIsMyCat;2302998I have to admit I am surprised at the number of people who carry concealed weapons or are interested in carrying concealed weapons.[/quote said:
It's OK. I am surprised at the number of people who have pet snakes.
I'm OK with firearms, though. :lol:

Mikester71

Also, I have to admit I am surprised at the number of people who carry concealed weapons or are interested in carrying concealed weapons. Of course, I'm a pacifist and don't approve of handguns for the general public. But I do understand that since the general public has, in the past, been allowed to carry weapons, the bad guys have the weapons now too, and people definitely have a right ot defend themselves. Where I used to live, I only knew four people with guns: two of them were NYPC/PAPD cops, one of them was a regular hunter, and one was a friends dad who was active military.

I couldn't agree more. I don't want to get the whole gun issue heated up or anything, but I don't see where the general public should feel the need to carry concealed weapons. Growing up in Sarnia, Canada, I never knew of anybody who even owned a gun. The sad thing is I never even saw a gun in a house until I met my wife (who happens to be American) and it was only after our sister-in-law's father (who was in his 70's or 80's) used one to blow his brains out because he was depressed.

I know your constitution or whatever gives you the right to bare arms, but like PigletIsMyCat is saying, if it is easy enough for good citizens to acquire guns, then it is just as easy for the bad ones to get their hands on them too. My personal opinion is that guns lead to violence; and that is just my personal opinion. If there were no guns allowed in the hands of regular citizens, you would have way less people dead in the world, and that's a fact!

The Mom

Premium Member
I will have to agree to disagree. Guns do not lead to violence per se; there have been those who prey upon others since the beginning of time.

When their numbers increase to the point that the average citizen feels at risk, then the law abiding citizen gets a gun, and legal gun ownership increases. The bad guys always had them, not the other way around. The increase in LEGAL gun ownership in some areas is a response, not a cause.

A friend's son was stabbed to death with a kitchen knife after a disagreement in a movie theater. Another acquaintance's daughter was also stabbed to death in her doorway. I still have knives in my home. IMO, (and only after watching humans for 5 decades) guns just make committing crimes easier for some , they don't cause people to be criminals in the first place.

Jimmy Thick

I've seen a few of them at WDW. None at BET though, but in all fairness, I don't like BET except on Monday when they play Monday Night Football

I find that rather repugnant. I know when I drop close to 3 grand on a trip, the last thing on my mind would be getting into a fight, I would just want to relax and enjoy Disney.

But if someone tried to rob me, I would have no qualms completing a violent transaction.

NikaforPluto

No no no

What the station was told was that the victims were trying to ... purchase some 'goods' from the kidnappers, and it went wrong from there. The rest of the story is true enough, but the victims were not completely without fault. It wasn't a random occurrence.

I'm slightly confused where you read that Champion. I live 1 town over from North Branford and have heard NOTHING of this "goods" theory. It appears they were innocent in the situation and I think its awful to make it look otherwise after they went through that ordeal. People really should not jump to conclussions about these situations.

egionet

I'm slightly confused where you read that Champion. I live 1 town over from North Branford and have heard NOTHING of this "goods" theory. It appears they were innocent in the situation and I think its awful to make it look otherwise after they went through that ordeal. People really should not jump to conclussions about these situations.

I haven't heard anything about that either, but as someone who lives in North Branford and is reasonably young, I wouldn't be surprised at all by this. NB is a bunch of upper middle class while people, and the kids have nothing better to do with their time but drink and smoke up. I know because I used to be one of them (only the drinking part, none of the smoking/drug thing).

I certainly don't know if it's true, but I would not put it past the NB crowd.

lilclerk

IMO, (and only after watching humans for 5 decades) guns just make committing crimes easier for some, they don't cause people to be criminals in the first place.

Exactly. It's also silly when people say "it's a sign of the times..." when things like this happen. No, things like this have ALWAYS happened. We just hear about it more now.

wannabeBelle

I dont think anyone is jumping to conclusions but I think that if you read a story about two random people for no reason at all getting abducted, robbed and beaten vs. two people who may have gone looking for drugs in a city they didnt know and the deal went badly they are two very diffferent things. As previously stated IF the drug deal was the case, you go looking for the criminal element you may just find them!!!!
Also I think the majority of the people on this thread ( myself included) want to know all the information on this so we can protect ourselves and our loved ones better in the same, location, circumstances etc. Belle

Champion

Why did you just quote that part of the post and not the whole thing? I explained where the information is from.

The reason you don't hear it reported is because you don't go and attack victims publically on the air or in print.

From everything I have heard, it IS the truth that the male was well known the North Branford police, and the only mistake that was made was that they leaked that to the media, not that purchasing drugs or an attempt to do so didn't have anything to do with the situation.

jjgoo

I will have to agree to disagree. Guns do not lead to violence per se; there have been those who prey upon others since the beginning of time.

When their numbers increase to the point that the average citizen feels at risk, then the law abiding citizen gets a gun, and legal gun ownership increases. The bad guys always had them, not the other way around. The increase in LEGAL gun ownership in some areas is a response, not a cause.

A friend's son was stabbed to death with a kitchen knife after a disagreement in a movie theater. Another acquaintance's daughter was also stabbed to death in her doorway. I still have knives in my home. IMO, (and only after watching humans for 5 decades) guns just make committing crimes easier for some , they don't cause people to be criminals in the first place.

BRAVO!:sohappy: Very well put.

And I would like to add to Mikester71 that I am offended by your "consititution or whatever" comment. I think that is very flippant remark. I don't think anyone here US citizen or otherwise thinks that US laws or government are perfect, but it is really rude to just dismiss them like that. Then you go on to say something is just your opinion and go on to say "If there were no guns allowed in the hands of regular citizens, you would have way less people dead in the world, and that's a fact!"

To that statement I would like to just give you two names Hitler and Stalin. Think about it.

I am no big advocate of guns, but those two people do a lot to prove that horrible things can happen without guns and just having the police and military armed is not necessarily always a good thing.

I'm sorry to all if this got off topic, but I was really offended by those remarks.

jiminy.cricket

I'm so sorry! That is absolutely disgusting. The more I grow up, the more cynical of the world I become; there's no rhyme or reason to anything. I wish people would just learn to control their emotions!

PigletIsMyCat

WESH2 news at noon reported that the Orange County SD has CLOSED THIS CASE because the 'victims' are not cooperating.

I feel the drug deal gone bad theory fits quite well now.

Larry Mondello, if you go back a page or two I gave quite good descriptions of how drug deals go bad.

Dagger

I'm not sure you understood what I was attempting to convey. I don't mean that anyone stupid enough to approach a car deserves to be abducted and robbed. I mean that some evidence shows that they might have approached the car as part of an intended drug deal. If that is the case, they are not as much victims of an abduction/robbery as they are slaves to their addiction. People who are breaking the law are not victims of other law breakers. That's like house robbers who sue the owner of the house when they trip and break their leg on a skateboard the homeowner's kid left near the stairs.

I have to agree then... thanks for clarifying

slappy magoo

WESH2 news at noon reported that the Orange County SD has CLOSED THIS CASE because the 'victims' are not cooperating.

I feel the drug deal gone bad theory fits quite well now.

Well, just playing Devil's Advocate, it could also be a situation where either

a: The victims are intimidated into silence, for fear of retribution,

or

b: The victims know that, if their assailants are ID'd and the case is brought to trial, it means having to come back to Orlando to testify, and if they can't get off work at the time and for the length of time their testimony requires, then they wasted the police's and the court's time starting to prosecute a case they can't finish.

I am in no way saying either of these theories is the reason why. Just saying it could be. I agree that it sounds fishy, but I don't know enough to pass judgment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom