Two tourists abducted, robbed after leaving Downtown Disney

Jimmy Thick

Well, if this happened to me, I would love the chance to beat the living crap out of some misfits. It's been a long time since I've had the chance to completely annihilate another human being, I would so look forward to the challenge.

They have guns?

Big deal, I've had guns pointed at me before, most of the time the punks don't have the guts to use them.

slappy magoo

Well, if this happened to me, I would love the chance to beat the living crap out of some misfits. It's been a long time since I've had the chance to completely annihilate another human being, I would so look forward to the challenge.

They have guns?

Big deal, I've had guns pointed at me before, most of the time the punks don't have the guts to use them.

Heh, reminds me of my sister's trash talk one day after watching a Friday the 13th. movie on cable. She knew, she just knew, that if Jason ever tried to kill her, a swift kick in the nards, followed by a blow with both fists on the base of his neck while he was doubled over would incapacitate him enough that she could get away. She was, like, 14 at the time. And bear in mind, this was before Part 6 when Jason came back from the dead, so a psycho killer walking around the woods hacking up teens seemes just a teensy bit more plausible.

Anyway, the next night, I jumped out from behind a corner of our house and scared her. Needless to say, nards were not kicked, and no crushing blows were delivered. She screamed so hard, I think she "went" a little, and ran away, arms flailing like ET the first time Gerdie screamed at him.

Good luck with the annihilation. :wave:

Shoe

Nowhere Is Safe

As surprised and dismayed as I was to hear about this latest incident it simply is a sign of the times. I've seen local gangs menace people at PI until, gratefully, the police swept in. After my wife, son and I were followed by a group near Lake Eola many years ago I vowed never to be caught in a position of mercy again. I am not a "gun nut" nor someone who is "fixing for a showdown" but you simply can't rely on help being there in a crisis. I have a Concealed Weapons Carry Permit. You will always find my Walther PPK in my pocket wherever I go and my Glock 23 in the car. This is a sad statement and I pray that I NEVER need to use these in anger but if it's a "them or me" situation, I choose me. These two people are very lucky to be alive. They could have been dumped in "Crime Hills". This happening on Disney property makes me feel as though another part of my childhood has been stolen. Lets not get into a "gun vs. anti-gun" thread here. You may be glad I'm around when trouble calls. Bring back the good old days.

raven

As surprised and dismayed as I was to hear about this latest incident it simply is a sign of the times.

Sad but true. My roomate had a gun pointed at him just yesterday while he was working. He works for a national chain jewelery retailer and was told when he was hired 3 months ago that it eventually will happen to him. It happens more than people know. And they don't have security cameras at the stores because they are more to buy, install and upkeep than it is to loose an item. He was scared but they got a good description and fingerprints. The idiot theif also went to another store of the same chain 20 minutes away and tried it there as well.

Plane Crazy

Isn't It Ironic?

Did anyone else find the original poster's tagline a bit ironic?

"No one gives it to you, you have to take it"

I suppose it is true... and apparently, sometimes you have to take it at gunpoint!! All kidding aside, this is truly horrific. I feel terrible for these folks and hope that security is improved.

CBOMB

I've walked all over the place there alone at night. I've stayed at the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels a good bit and walked back after the Adventurer's Club closed a bunch of times. I think the reason this is such big news is that it doesn't ever happen. The only place I've ever felt safer walking around alone at night was Okinawa.

I have noticed things seem rowdier now that the Pleasure Island gates are gone. I really wish they hadn't changed that.

But I'll probably still walk around alone at night when I go back, same as always. Watching my surroundings, just like always.
You should have tried Kin Village in the late 60's. Evidently Okinawa has changed very much since then. Gangs would slit your throat for a quarter.

lilclerk

Anyway, the next night, I jumped out from behind a corner of our house and scared her. Needless to say, nards were not kicked, and no crushing blows were delivered. She screamed so hard, I think she "went" a little, and ran away, arms flailing like ET the first time Gerdie screamed at him.

SO glad I'm not your sister... :lol:

liquid toez

DTD Parking Lot

Well, all I know is that I have been parking in the DTD parking lot just about every Friday and Saturday night until around 1am in the morning for the past 3 years +. I feel its relatively safe there. I always see security patrolling the parking lot on bike, by van, by golf cart, or on foot. Also, there is a like a security cherry-picker station that is extended high into the air that has a good view of whats going on in the parking lot area. Having said that, one still has to proceed with caution and common sense. So, I would say that this is an isolated, rare occurence.

CBOMB

I grew up and currently live in North Branford, CT and work at the high school that they attended (which is not the high school I went to). The sister of DellaCamera, currently attend the high school, and I know her very well. But currently in the CT front, they aren't sure if they story is true or not. I don't know why, but that's the new deal.

Also, while I'm certainly not blaming it on the two victims, this section of CT is extremely white suburbia. Until I went away for college, I had no clue of the real world. People in North Branford live in a bubble. We tend not to think anything bad can happen to us nor do we know about it. If it doesn't happen in NB, then it doesn't happen anywhere. Not to sound racist, because I don't think I am, but when I go to the gas station in my town and see an African American getting gas, I automatically assume they don't live in my town. There were literally 3 black people in my high school of about 600 students.

I think this could give you an idea of where these people were coming from. And as I said before I certainly don't think any of the abduction was there fault, but extreme naivity (is that spelled right, probably not) may have played a part in it. I do hope they found out who did this because it's awful.

That is not racist at all...and this is (IMO) very common and understandable. As long as you don't prejudge or segregate people outside of your community based on predetermined sterotypes or fears then your not being racist. And what you would be suffering most from in IMO is more like a type of culture shock due to the naivity (probably not spelled right either) of your situation. I don't see anything wrong with that. But I get the point of what your sayin.
You were both ever so close, it's naivety. Not that it really matters I'm sure everyone knew what you meant.

They have guns?

I wish I were a big strong man like you! You are my new HERO!

Jade

So on the local news in Connecticut, I keep hearing that, according to the Branford Police, the man in the abducted couple has "known drug connections" (not sure exactly what that means) and the incident "may not be exactly what it initially seems" (once again, not sure what that means).

liquid toez

Ghetto Crowd

Who agrees with me that adding this BET Soundstageclub to PI was a very bad idea because it attracts that ghetto crowd you used to see at Universal?

I, a white guy, go to the BET Soundstage just about every Friday and Saturday night as well as 8 Trax, Motion, and Mannequins. I don't know if any of the patrons at the Soundstage club are from the ghetto or not, never asked, and don't really care; but I do know that the crowd there is peaceful and respectful and never saw trouble or personally encountered any problems with anyone for over 3 years now. However, I have encountered a few problems at 8 Trax, not too serious, but they are few and far between. Still, 8 Trax is still my favorite club.

fillerup

Add me to the list of people who are reluctantly armed and dangerous - to the bad guys.

I still flinch at the gun range when someone else fires a weapon - but not when I fire mine. I've become proficient and simply don't miss my target.

Yes, the real thing would be different, but I'm confident that if I am obviously threatened or a loved one or other innocent person is threatened, I'll be able to pull, aim, and fire and have a pretty good probability of taking someone down.

And I pray to God that never happens.

I've taken the course, paid the money, have the concealed carry permit - and I carry, as the law allows.

I'm not going to be a victim of these scumbags, if I can help it.

Billy6

I just got back yesterday and was at WDW when this happened, Lots of police activty and lots of news trucks. Didnt know exactly what happened til I got back to the hotel. I was at the Taco Bell by CrossRoads and saw 5 live TV Trucks at the Pizza Uno on the corner with police directing traffic.

This could have been anyone of us.....:mad:

EPCOT.nut

so you most likely would not want to carry a .45, .50, or a beretta 9mm (which are difficult to conceal unless you wear "heavy" cloths) which would be your firearms of choice for accurace and dependibility...you will also need to practice shouting at a range or field so that when you aim at a person you actually manage to hit them and not the inoccent bystandered standing a couple feet behind them...just a heads up...I have a better idea just be aware of your surroundings I think that would be much more helpful. :wave:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:I like the shouting at the range! :lol: I know that was a type-o but it is pretty freaking funny. Thanks for making me laugh.

I found the S&W 642 hammerless airweight to be my choice of concealed-carry. It is a 38 special, double-action revolver.

Do it right - firearms safety course, concealed-carry permit. Go to the shooting range at least once a month and fire a box of 50 rounds. Have fun with your gun and introduce shooting sports to your friends and family. Teach children firearm safety. I was raised around guns, I love them and love to shoot. And I feel safe. What a concept.

Jimmy Thick

Heh, reminds me of my sister's trash talk one day after watching a Friday the 13th. movie on cable. She knew, she just knew, that if Jason ever tried to kill her, a swift kick in the nards, followed by a blow with both fists on the base of his neck while he was doubled over would incapacitate him enough that she could get away. She was, like, 14 at the time. And bear in mind, this was before Part 6 when Jason came back from the dead, so a psycho killer walking around the woods hacking up teens seemes just a teensy bit more plausible.

Good luck with the annihilation. :wave:

Not really, its more I'm a police officer and for the most part, forced to contain myself giving people the proper sentence they deserve.

Take away all of my pent up rage, I'm one nice guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom