Two random workers with plans at DHS

Atomicmickey

Atomicmickey owns! That is just hilarious. :lol:

I think the oversized yellow lighter lookd better than the oversized blue hat. And imagine the fireworks possiblities!

You beat me to it, lol!

fwork.jpg

jhastings74

Two things:

To the OP: Amazing find. NOTHING gets WDWMagic stirring like a little clandestine plan peaking. It's awesome. Kudos, and don't stop there...WDWMagic Ninjas are the cream of the crop...

To Tom (EdwardTC) or anyone else, just a technical/curiosity question. Any idea what the little grids are (they're not really squares, but definitely areas...they look like little counties on a county map...) on one of the pages of the plans and why they may not have been included on the other page of the plans? I would really like to know (from anyone) and please let me know if I need to clarify.:wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Two things:

To the OP: Amazing find. NOTHING gets WDWMagic stirring like a little clandestine plan peaking. It's awesome. Kudos, and don't stop there...WDWMagic Ninjas are the cream of the crop...

To Tom (EdwardTC) or anyone else, just a technical/curiosity question. Any idea what the little grids are (they're not really squares, but definitely areas...they look like little counties on a county map...) on one of the pages of the plans and why they may not have been included on the other page of the plans? I would really like to know (from anyone) and please let me know if I need to clarify.:wave:

I think that they represent the tiles that make up the pavement.

Tom

Beta Return
Two things:

I think that they represent the tiles that make up the pavement.

Yes. The lines/grid represents the approximate location of the control joints in the concrete. Some of the are" cold joints" between two separate pours. The rest were cut in afterwards with a saw to help control where the concrete cracks...and to help with aesthetics.

Fable McCloud

its a set of site plans showing where the mythbusters will set-up the explosives to blow up the hat.

::heart::

I love that everyone is against the Hat as much as I am...I remember when DHS first opened and my neighbors came back with shirts that featured the "Ear-Ful Tower" and not that God-awful hat that serves no purpose whatsoever...

I want that Hat gone...I say we kill it.:lol:

sublimesting

We have a 2 metre gap to get the torpedoes into the exhaust port. This should trigger an explosive chain reaction that detonates the reactor core. After this you'll have 30 seconds to get out of the studios before it blows. Now, where is that R2 unit?

PhilharMagician

Those schematics look like maybe something to do with the electrical line or possibly even something with the Osbourne light displays.

You can never really tell with stuff like this.:shrug:

Like ewardtc said, these are not electrical plans, but moreso this not even close to where the Osborne lights are located. It is over 500 feet to the NY backdrop on the streets.

I am going to just hope that this is the beginning of the end for the hat. There are 2 dwg's which one shows the current layout, but on the last dwg you see the guy with the pencil pointing and that courtyard layout is completely differant. The biggest differance is that the hat is gone and the ugly eyebrow looking planters on the GMR side of the hat are also gone and now being replaced by two round planters placed evenly on opposite sides of the Chinese Theater entrance. Also if you look closely you can see a dotted line all the way around the courtyard and there are a lot of new planters located in this area. The dotted line goes alond the animation courtyard wall (original studios arch entrance and wall) along the facade of Brown Derby to the shores of Echo Lake. I personally think this will be a complete redo of the hub and a big goodbye to my dearest friend the hat!

SeaCastle

I am going to just hope that this is the beginning of the end for the hat. There are 2 dwg's which one shows the current layout, but on the last dwg you see the guy with the pencil pointing and that courtyard layout is completely differant. The biggest differance is that the hat is gone and the ugly eyebrow looking planters on the GMR side of the hat are also gone and now being replaced by two round planters placed evenly on opposite sides of the Chinese Theater entrance. Also if you look closely you can see a dotted line all the way around the courtyard and there are a lot of new planters located in this area. The dotted line goes alond the animation courtyard wall (original studios arch entrance and wall) along the facade of Brown Derby to the shores of Echo Lake. I personally think this will be a complete redo of the hub and a big goodbye to my dearest friend the hat!

I'd love to believe the hat is coming down just as much as the rest of you, but if you zoom in on the pictures, you'll notice that one map is simply an outdated one (notice "Superstar Television", the lack of Toy Story Mania, Brown Derby, etc.) while the other is a revised map with the hat, Brown Derby, etc. So, I doubt one is the schematics for a new plaza redesign, rather, a copy of how the plaza originally looked.

Tom

Beta Return
I'd love to believe the hat is coming down just as much as the rest of you, but if you zoom in on the pictures, you'll notice that one map is simply an outdated one (notice "Superstar Television", the lack of Toy Story Mania, Brown Derby, etc.) while the other is a revised map with the hat, Brown Derby, etc. So, I doubt one is the schematics for a new plaza redesign, rather, a copy of how the plaza originally looked.

Pretty much.

Two print-outs from two completely different sets of base drawings. One is a survey, while the other appears to be from a master architectural site plan. You'll notice on the one with the hat, many of the lines were hand drawn (I'm not talking about the red lines). Many lines are wavy, extra dark, corners bypass each other (drafting technique), and the cross-hatching in front of GMR is obviously cut off by "white out" or some other overlay in the area where the "food cart" note points.

However, the one with all of the survey points identified likely came from the surveying department, and they probably don't update the building names every time a ride or show changes. This is further evidenced in the plans that are always attached to permits.

If a building or element is added, the topography changes, or they add/remove survey markers, they'll update the master survey files. Otherwise, it's a waste of resources to pay a CAD operator to update the base file every time they change the name of a ride or pour a new section of concrete.

All I'm saying is, don't read too much into these drawings, or their differences. There isn't a shred of "official business" taking place on these piece of paper. They were sent out with those two guys solely for them to make note of landmarks, obstacles, and other non-drawn items.

trr1

Pretty much.

Two print-outs from two completely different sets of base drawings. One is a survey, while the other appears to be from a master architectural site plan. You'll notice on the one with the hat, many of the lines were hand drawn (I'm not talking about the red lines). Many lines are wavy, extra dark, corners bypass each other (drafting technique), and the cross-hatching in front of GMR is obviously cut off by "white out" or some other overlay in the area where the "food cart" note points.

However, the one with all of the survey points identified likely came from the surveying department, and they probably don't update the building names every time a ride or show changes. This is further evidenced in the plans that are always attached to permits.

If a building or element is added, the topography changes, or they add/remove survey markers, they'll update the master survey files. Otherwise, it's a waste of resources to pay a CAD operator to update the base file every time they change the name of a ride or pour a new section of concrete.

All I'm saying is, don't read too much into these drawings, or their differences. There isn't a shred of "official business" taking place on these piece of paper. They were sent out with those two guys solely for them to make note of landmarks, obstacles, and other non-drawn items.
thanks for the info

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom