Two random workers with plans at DHS

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I noticed that too. :lol:

But I think if a capture attempt is made, these two guys know how to escape quickly to Marlboro Country.

A hearty lot, those Imagineers at DHS are, having to navigate past laser blasts from the AT-AT, falling boulders at Indiana Jones, blazing oil tankers in Catastrophe Canyon, and the teeming hordes of strollers and ankle biters surrounding the Toy Story Pizza Planet....

Vernonpush

DHS4.jpg

This is the area in question (from Google Maps).

I can't figure out what the pink highlighted numbers (1286350, 1286351, 12896[4?] or the small # 28?) match up to from OP photo #2.

DHS2crop.jpg

Mammymouse

I thought the missle silos were in the Castle. Would this be the backup system in case of failure at CinCas 1 (Cinderella Castle)?:rolleyes:

SeaCastle

If the plans were out in the open like that, I assume that whatever they are about, it isn't too big of a deal.

While I agree this probably isn't too much of a big deal, but don't forget the pictures of Imagineers from a few years ago walking through Fantasyland with plans in hand, or the reported Imagineers outside Soundstage 1 with plans for the MI coaster.

Tom

Beta Return
The 7-digit numbers are identifiers for survey points - either benchmarks, radius points, elevation markers or other registered landmarks used for reference later.

Based on the type of pencil the guy is using, he's in the engineering field. But based on his tool belt and its contents, they are likely surveyors. This is further evidenced by the hand-written comment asking them to find a "current survey for this area".

Based on the notes in red, it appears that these gentlemen have been tasked with taking a survey of the area inside the red lines. The note-writer (who is an architect or engineer, based on their hand writing and the way they draw their arrow heads) is saving them some time by letting them know there was a survey done within the last year for the "food cart" area.

The +/-10' comment is telling them to make note of anything in that general area.

What are they ultimately doing? Absolutely no way to tell from these photos (or from the papers they have). All we can tell is that they've been given the task of surveying that area. They'll take their findings back to the designers, who will then use it for the mystery project.

EDIT: Awesome photos, btw. If we only had more ninja spies like you at our disposal, there would be NO secrets!

WDITrent

All legible writing reads:
"Just go +/- 10 ft into the courtyard area"; "Jay, we should have a current survey for this area from a food cart job last year"

And from the third picture, "ST Con..." Construction? What would ST stand for? Can't be Star Tours, as this is the completely wrong area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom