TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would open up a huge amount of room.....hmmmmmm, the possibilities are endless.
Or am i just being optimistic and will later be disappointed?
Haha for some reason I dont see them removing it. Thats the funny part, cause if I started a thread (hypothetically) that said they are getting rid of the Indy Speedway pretty sure the entire thread would be filled of:sohappy:.

EPCOT Explorer

That would open up a huge amount of room.....hmmmmmm, the possibilities are endless.
Or am i just being optimistic and will later be disappointed?
Haha for some reason I dont see them removing it. Thats the funny part, cause if I started a thread (hypothetically) that said they are getting rid of the Indy Speedway pretty sure the entire thread would be filled of:sohappy:.
Honestly, I would love for them to split the plot up with FL and TL. It's big enough for a ride in TL and the DL dark rides in FL. WANT. BADLY.:lol:

_Scar

Scar, there is no need to be rude and scream.

Umm, yes. the VOICE of the attraction is the FACE of the attraction. Sets the mood, tone, and basically the entire attractions premise. If SSE were narrated by a syrupy sweet Tinkerbell, it would kill the ride. That's what they did here. Needless it's not as extreme as that, but you get my point, right?

Can you kill off the sarcasm? :rolleyes: Some of us are trying to have a discussion, not mudslinging.

And YES, I do say that. You WERE meant to hear it, and it was part of the audio kinetic and background noise for the land. It worked.

Rude and screaming? I was just typing. :lol: Internet rules? Guessing so. I just found it HYSTERICAL that TTA was the most important aspect of TLand. I honestly thought it was joke until everyone was dead serious about this spiel again.

Does SSE tour TLand? Does SSE have a story? Yes. Is it a serious attraction? Yes. Serious narrator fits. Is TLand 100% serious? Not at all. Why do we need a monotone robot when times are a changin'.

Sarcasm is how I post. And I haven't got any mud, just my words. Not yet at least...

And I've never heard TTA while walking through TLand unless I actually got up under and listened for it. It isn't that loud to effect everyone in the area, nor was it supposed to be. TTA spiel is for the TTA.

WDITrent

^It is possible to be rude and screaming in a post... just head on over to MiceChat and take a look at the latest of the DCA project tracker thread. :brick:

Rude and screaming? I was just typing. :lol: Internet rules? Guessing so. I just found it HYSTERICAL that TTA was the most important aspect of TLand. I honestly thought it was joke until everyone was dead serious about this spiel again.

Does SSE tour TLand? Does SSE have a story? Yes. Is it a serious attraction? Yes. Serious narrator fits. Is TLand 100% serious? Not at all. Why do we need a monotone robot when times are a changin'.

Sarcasm is how I post. And I haven't got any mud, just my words. Not yet at least...

And I've never heard TTA while walking through TLand unless I actually got up under and listened for it. It isn't that loud to effect everyone in the area, nor was it supposed to be. TTA spiel is for the TTA.

Its was for the point of keeping a theme together thats why everyone loved it. Thats why it was memorable and thats why it was Disney. The theme has been deteriorating and with that the TTA spiel had to change. People enjoyed the narration cause it was unique thats why people make a bid deal about, not because they like monotone robot sounds. It was a character and a theme. For many they grew up with it so seeing it change is hard. No one is saying that it was an "amazing ride" its just memorable.

_Scar

Its was for the point of keeping a theme together thats why everyone loved it. Thats why it was memorable and thats why it was Disney. The theme has been deteriorating and with that the TTA spiel had to change. People enjoyed the narration cause it was unique thats why people make a bid deal about, not because they like monotone robot sounds. It was a character and a theme. For many they grew up with it so seeing it change is hard. No one is saying that it was an "amazing ride" its just memorable.

Yes. People were agreeing that it actually was the most important part of TLand. I respect peoples opinions but... TTA is just not the center of attention there. And why isn't this spiel unique? We do have the only TTA...

Yes. People were agreeing that it actually was the most important part of TLand. I respect peoples opinions but... TTA is just not the center of attention there. And why isn't this spiel unique? We do have the only TTA...

The funny thing is im agreeing with you. I dont think its a big deal that they changed, and I never said the new one isn't unique. With that being said, it maybe "unique" because its the only TTA, that dosent excuse for the fact that the narration is done half assed. And I dont think anyone one has said its the center of attention, at least im not. But back in the day it did help with the cohesiveness of the land.

imagineer boy

Might I add that the robot monotone voice wasn't the only voice in the old TTA? The only thing the robot voice every did was the "Now approaching" announcements and most of the talking was done by the main male narrator who filled in the descriptions of the sights.

Tom Morrow

Oh my god, you should probably stop talking.

NOBODY SAID IT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT ATTRACTION IN TOMORROWLAND.

We said that of all the attractions in Tomorrowland, it has the biggest impact on the ATMOSPHERE AND THEMING AS YOU WALK AROUND.

Do you consider sound to have detail?

Not directed at me, but I thought I should respond. Yes, sound/spiels have detail. The narrator's voice quality and vocal inflection are details. The tone of the script and what it references are details. The pace and rhythm of the spiel are details. All work together to affect how the listener experiences the spiel. Talk to any artist who uses their voice as a medium, and you'll be told thoroughly that, yes, sound has detail.

The new narration feels like not much effort was put into it. Some generic ride descriptions were worked up, character voices (not done by the "official" voices mind you, except maybe Mickey, but that's in question) thrown in. There's no theme to it at all. If it really represents the new direction of Tomorrowland, I would say that the new them is a generic, semi-futuristic, kinda sci-fi land that is really just a collection of rides that hardly relate to one another. No sense of place, no story elements, no immersion to speak of. To me, the tone of the spiel translates to: We cant be bothered to even go through the motions anymore, because we gave up long ago.

I agree, but in this day and age, characters equal "more Disney".

That kind of Disney, only charactes and franchises, all the time, with no room for anything new or unique, just the same stories over and over again, done a hundred ways to Tuesday, is not a Disney I want to give any of my money to. I'm not the only one who feels this way, and it's not just "purists" or "whiners" (whatever those are) that feel this way. I have friends that like disney films well enough, but aren't fans that would end up on forums, that don't have an interest in spending a bunch on a trip to the parks because, to paraphrase: "It's just the same thing over and over." My father, also not a super fan, preferred TDS over every other park because "It's not just a bunch of character crap."

captainkidd

You REALLY must be blocking it out then.

captainkidd

We said that of all the attractions in Tomorrowland, it has the biggest impact on the ATMOSPHERE AND THEMING AS YOU WALK AROUND.

It's been said at least half a dozen times. I don't think he's going to get it at this point.

huntzilla

The old spiel was quite loud and present.

Which in my opinion added a little something to the over all environment.:shrug:

I think that's why we agree the narration did have such an impact. It wasn't like you simply ride the TTA and hear it only then. No matter where you were in Tomorrowland you could here some part of it.

EPCOT Explorer

Posting in huge bold font is screaming. Yes, internet rules.

You are missing the point and the meaning of these posts and the narration entirely. It doesn't matter if the old or new narr. was serous or not. It maters on how well it ties into the theme of the land and ow it supports the land. The old TTA narration was the perfect SYNTHESIS for Tomorrowland. It drew it all together in a unified way, even though it was a brief overview.

The new one? Not so much, IMHO. It's lacking the back-story that TL is rich in. If TL were to loose that back-story with a change in direction for it's theme, this would be fine.

Exactly. It did that, and it did it in a unique way.
It's not. But it used to unify your attention to what TL is.

:lol: Exactly.
Not directed at me, but I thought I should respond. Yes, sound/spiels have detail. The narrator's voice quality and vocal inflection are details. The tone of the script and what it references are details. The pace and rhythm of the spiel are details. All work together to affect how the listener experiences the spiel. Talk to any artist who uses their voice as a medium, and you'll be told thoroughly that, yes, sound has detail.

The new narration feels like not much effort was put into it. Some generic ride descriptions were worked up, character voices (not done by the "official" voices mind you, except maybe Mickey, but that's in question) thrown in. There's no theme to it at all. If it really represents the new direction of Tomorrowland, I would say that the new them is a generic, semi-futuristic, kinda sci-fi land that is really just a collection of rides that hardly relate to one another. No sense of place, no story elements, no immersion to speak of. To me, the tone of the spiel translates to: We cant be bothered to even go through the motions anymore, because we gave up long ago.

That kind of Disney, only charactes and franchises, all the time, with no room for anything new or unique, just the same stories over and over again, done a hundred ways to Tuesday, is not a Disney I want to give any of my money to. I'm not the only one who feels this way, and it's not just "purists" or "whiners" (whatever those are) that feel this way. I have friends that like disney films well enough, but aren't fans that would end up on forums, that don't have an interest in spending a bunch on a trip to the parks because, to paraphrase: "It's just the same thing over and over." My father, also not a super fan, preferred TDS over every other park because "It's not just a bunch of character crap."
Fantastically said. You get my point and Disney's old point perfectly. :D

It's been said at least half a dozen times. I don't think he's going to get it at this point.

I think he is doing it on purpose. Their is discussion in which you clash, but clash respectively. I do that all the time. This is just taking it too far.:shrug:

Iceviper123

Exactly.
The problem is with animated classics is that they earn that title and not forced like a lot of Pixar properties.
Pixar isn't old enough to have a "timeless" appeal yet.
I love Pixar and there fantastic movies, but when you put them in a park ESPECIALLY Tomorrowland, those properties are current and not timeless, like the rest of the surrounding area. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom