TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love_RnR

Wow! Watched the YouTube video and two words come to mind...

THAT SUCKED

:mad:

It's gone from a fun, somewhat goofy and nostalgic way to spend some time, to a badly voiced, poorly written sales promo...

Mr.EPCOT

I'm on the TTA right now, and I can swear this guy sounds exactly like the one in the SkyTower at SeaWorld.

Mr.EPCOT

Oooo... actually, you're right, he does sound pretty similar...

And actually, now that I think about it, they both sound like the narrator in Living With The Land...

I have some good news, we've e-stopped a couple of times, and the spiel is still Jack Wagner.

NMBC1993

Went to MNSSHP last night by sure luck and was messing around Tomorrowland and after actually getting to top score on Buzz I decided to hit TTA. Two weeks ago I went on TTA and heard the old audio and expected for all to be normal, then all of a sudden I hear some kid over the intercom and I thought to myself "When the heck did they have Zac Efron doing the ride thru audio?" All I can say is OMG that happened there? I think this is worse than the SSE audio they have now.TTA was my second favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom, now...I might end up skipping it for awhile. Another classic attraction ruined.

I think the next thing were going to start hearing on this thread is "i could have done a better job with the script" I dont love it at all but it is very similar to previous peoplemover spiels. just refer back to the beginning of this thread.

Im going to miss the TTA and all its character, well at least I got the audio and video to remember it. Hopefully the new one gets better?

EPCOT Explorer

Don't give up yet, who would have expected to hear "peoplemover" again?
Hoo yeah. :D That's a big plus.

I would have liked to see the acronym of WED pop up there, too....:lol:

Exactly.

Nope, DL uses tires. Goodyear tires. :D;)

Thats what I said :shrug:

As for the peoplemover coming back to DL, I think it's being worked on now. At least according to Mice Chat...

Imagineering
Hence my love/hate relationship with them. They didn't have any worries with budgets on this one...:rolleyes::lol:
They do an amazing HoP, HM, SSE Ascent and at the same time, do something that is out of the blue, like this. Hopefully it's just the first step, like I said.

NMBC1993

I think the next thing were going to start hearing on this thread is "i could have done a better job with the script"

That is true, the audio for the most part is doing the same thing the old audio did, its just the way it was presented that made it unique.

SirGoofy

Hence my love/hate relationship with them. They didn't have any worries with budgets on this one...:rolleyes::lol:
They do an amazing HoP, HM, SSE Ascent and at the same time, do something that is out of the blue, like this. Hopefully it's just the first step, like I said.

It's not a bad script at all. Honestly, people are overreacting because they were in love with the last one.

It hearkens back to the glory days of WDW, and it's much more cohesive for the current Tomorrowland. It's a change for sure, and if there's one thing most WDWMagic members hate, it's change.

Tom Morrow

Its not a good script at all, and you keep labeling everyone that does not like the new script as one of the "ALL CHANGE IS BAD!!!" complainers.

I am all for changes, when they are GOOD. For example, the recent changes to the Haunted Mansion - all tastefully done, all good.

This script is completely uninspired and the delivered by a person that does not fit the atmosphere at all. Its disgustingly sugary and sweet and robbed the attraction of any sort of cohesive theme.

Compare it to the narration on the WDW Railroad. That narration stays in character with the lands, rather than suggesting "This is Adventureland! Be sure to check out the hilarious show, The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management!" Iago: Squak! Thats right ya bird brains!" and follow Jack Sparrow as he searches for treasure on the new and improved Pirates of the Caribbean!", etc.

The train's narration gives you an overview of the lands, while staying cohesive with the theme of the lands and their attractions, without seeming like a blatant advertisement and nothing more.

One of the biggest reasons people loved the previous narration is because the announcements and chimes greatly enhanced the Tomorrowland atmosphere. TTA is Tomorrowland, and its shocking that the Imagineers didn't take that into consideration when creating this new narration. I wouldn't have minded that much if they had at least used an appropriate voice, for example, the female voice currently as you enter Space Mountain.

So please stop labeling everyone who doesn't like it as another whiner resistant to change. We hate it because its so incredibily generic a lot more than because we will miss hearing our cheesy jokes.

_Scar

Its not a good script at all, and you keep labeling everyone that does not like the new script as one of the "ALL CHANGE IS BAD!!!" complainers.

I am all for changes, when they are GOOD. For example, the recent changes to the Haunted Mansion - all tastefully done, all good.

This script is completely uninspired and the delivered by a person that does not fit the atmosphere at all. Its disgustingly sugary and sweet and robbed the attraction of any sort of cohesive theme.

Compare it to the narration on the WDW Railroad. That narration stays in character with the lands, rather than suggesting "This is Adventureland! Be sure to check out the hilarious show, The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management!" Iago: Squak! Thats right ya bird brains!" and follow Jack Sparrow as he searches for treasure on the new and improved Pirates of the Caribbean!", etc.

The train's narration gives you an overview of the lands, while staying cohesive with the theme of the lands and their attractions, without seeming like a blatant advertisement and nothing more.

One of the biggest reasons people loved the previous narration is because the announcements and chimes greatly enhanced the Tomorrowland atmosphere. TTA is Tomorrowland, and its shocking that the Imagineers didn't take that into consideration when creating this new narration. I wouldn't have minded that much if they had at least used an appropriate voice, for example, the female voice currently as you enter Space Mountain.

So please stop labeling everyone who doesn't like it as another whiner resistant to change. We hate it because its so incredibily generic a lot more than because we will miss hearing our cheesy jokes.

The TTA doesn't give you an "overview"? What if a robot talking? I'm sure if a robot was talking this thing would of been a smash hit. Isn't that sad? BTW, when they tell you there's an attraction that doesn't mean they're advertising blatantly. They already got what they wanted: your 79 dollar admission. They could care less if you visited Mike's comedy club.

It's honestly a generic ride. The narration should not make it a horrible ride. If the view sucked, then yes it'd drastically effect my opinion... but all this? Just plug in your iPod and download the old narration if it pains you that bad. :hammer:

Tom Morrow

The TTA doesn't give you an "overview"? What if a robot talking? I'm sure if a robot was talking this thing would of been a smash hit. Isn't that sad? BTW, when they tell you there's an attraction that doesn't mean they're advertising blatantly. They already got what they wanted: your 79 dollar admission. They could care less if you visited Mike's comedy club.

It's honestly a generic ride. The narration should not make it a horrible ride. If the view sucked, then yes it'd drastically effect my opinion... but all this? Just plug in your iPod and download the old narration if it pains you that bad.
No, the new narration on TTA doesn't give you an overview, it gives you a detailed description of each attraction as if they were reading straight from a park map. Its out of character and out of THEME, which is the entire reason WDW is successful in the first place, in that they can take the most simple ride and add a themed touch to it.

And yes, robots = better than sugary sweet generic voice-over guy.

The train is a generic ride too. You can ride a train in almost any amusement park. But they didn't treat it's narration like one. And the fact that I could bring an iPod onboard is not the point and I don't see how that enhances your argument at all.

"If that flaming pile of garbage bothers you, just ignore it!"

SirGoofy

Your opinion because you seem to be obsessed with the old narration. I find that it hearkens back to the glory days of the Wedway Peoplemover, and the cohesive theme is still there, whether you want to see it or not.:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom